Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    This is about individual experience.
    The user I quoted specifically claimed that one does not know racism until being; "white teenager growing up in Baltimore city."

If the user was being facetious or hyperbolic, that's fine. The statement reads earnestly though and I question the truth of such a statement as applied openly and not individually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Integration is not helped by the fact that areas in northern France/French speaking Belgium suffered tremendously from economic downturn because of the end of charbonnages (coal mines) Many of those Muslims are not recent migrants-they are the children and grand children of immigrant workers.
    Which is why those who came last seem to be influenced the most negatively by this, however more factors play a role. For example how come Turks are better adjusted, higher degrees then north african ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The user I quoted specifically claimed that one does not know racism until being; "white teenager growing up in Baltimore city."

If the user was being facetious or hyperbolic, that's fine. The statement reads earnestly though and I question the truth of such a statement as applied openly and not individually.
    Yeah in comparsion to the whining college students? No thats no hyperbole.

Getting hunted by racist mob with kicks vs. a poop swastika in an ivy league college to you honestly think the later is
    the bigger victim of racism?

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I guess I was too busy jumped by black dudes in the halls of the school shouting "get em he white" to look up crime statistics.
    Oh, you mean that being a minority sucks amongst a majority of bigots ?

Tell me more...

I guess I was too busy jumped by black dudes in the halls of the school shouting "get em he white" to look up crime statistics.
    So anecdotal or unsubstantiated case incidents? The statement is rather problematic as written.

Deleted
    So anecdotal or unsubstantiated case incidents? The statement is rather problematic as written.
    No its not.
    Again why would the local majority face more ethnical prejudice?
    It makes simply no sense from an argumentative perspective they might get the most
    prejudice in the sense of authoritys but not on interpersonal level.

Why should the one german kid in class be the racist transgresor vs. the ten turkish ones?
    It simply fails the reality check.

Only a person who lifed a very sheltered life or is very biased could even entertain this line of thought.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-11-22 at 10:17 PM.

Yeah in comparsion to the whining college students? No thats no hyperbole.
    If you are addressing an issue outside of my quoted reply to the user above; that is of no relevance to me whatsoever. I will not reply to unrelated issues from my direct quotes.

A side argument over something I am not addressing is not in my purview.

Deleted
    It is certainly one of the most direct and racist things to get hunted by a racial homogen mob for the color of your skin.

If you fail to accept that and spit out your pizza in disbelieve then I hope
    your alternative scenario includes murder or genocide.

To me it just seems that you have virtually no experience and talk way out of your depth here.

No its not.
    I asked the user for some validity to the statement. The user provided nonesuch.

The statement is dubious as the only evidence leveraged can not be substantiated or is limited to [highly personal] specific case of anecdotal internet storytelling for the best of our knowledge.

It would seem the claim of experiencing racism being exclusive among white teens in Baltimore to be problematic indeed. Especially in the context used of major American cities such as Baltimore, Detroit and Newark.

Deleted
    There is nothin dubious about it only your assumption that white skin color gives you immunity against being in the ehtnical minority.

Its not about exclusive racism but about experiencing one of the most transgressive and direct forms possible that racism can take.

I'm only speaking from personal experience.

If you doubt the truthfulness of my statement, than by all means (if you are white) go for a walk in downtown Baltimore and tell me how that works out for you,

Deleted

If you doubt the truthfulness of my statement, than by all means (if you are white) go for a walk in downtown Baltimore and tell me how that works out for you,
    some people advocate better social programs to actually fix the problem rather than just whine about it and then make it about race

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sephaphath View Post
    some people advocate better social programs to actually fix the problem rather than just whine about it and then make it about race
    The black lifes matter movement sadly does not.

That's fine and all. But it comes off as quite foolish to intimate that the experince of racism is not somehow authentically felt unless one was a 'white teen in Baltimore' vis-a-vis systematic racism, abuse, bigotry and so forth that is endemic of poor urban communities in America. In particular urban communities which saw a 'white exodus' following economic collapse.

Deleted
    You know that this is a figure of speech?
    You haven't experienced x until y

You haven't tasted wine until you tried a 1897 chateu bonnet
    It doesn't really claim you have never tasted wine :X
    Fencer dang it.

Yeah, being jumped while people tell "get em he white" certainly has no racial undertones.

Deleted
    Yeah, being jumped while people tell "get em he white" certainly has no racial undertones.
    and two wrongs clearly make a right. maybe it is better to work on fixing a problem than further contributing to it

and two wrongs clearly make a right. maybe it is better to work on fixing a problem than further contributing to it
    Lol what?

You haven't been following for the last few pages have you?

What "wrong" am I advocating?

Deleted
    Lol what?

You haven't been following for the last few pages have you?

What "wrong" am I advocating?
    you seem to have a problem in this thread labeling black people like in other threads you had labeling 'muslim' refugees

you seem to have a problem in this thread labeling black people like in other threads you had labeling 'muslim' refugees
    You're making an accusation.

What is the "second" wrong in advocating in this thread?
    Are you following me around looking for things to respond to?

Kind of creepy