Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Britain wanted to build an aircraft carrier out of ice, so a flying tank isn't so crazy.
    Its a solid idea, I think it would be cool....
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't mean they'd been in use for 30 years though, 3 years maybe.
    That's possible, but doesn't make really sense. Why would they store those boxers for 27 years and use them for 3 - and in the meantime produce more boxers and use them and let the older ones rot in storage?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Its a solid idea, I think it would be cool....
    I see what you did there.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    That's possible, but doesn't make really sense. Why would they store those boxers for 27 years and use them for 3 - and in the meantime produce more boxers and use them and let the older ones rot in storage?
    Or perhaps someone pointed out that instead of spending money on new boxers, issue the old ones in stock first to save a bit of the budget.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or perhaps someone pointed out that instead of spending money on new boxers, issue the old ones in stock first to save a bit of the budget.
    That doesn't explain why there were boxers made in 80's, 90's and 00's in use at the same time.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted
    That doesn't explain why there were boxers made in 80's, 90's and 00's in use at the same time.
    Because storemen can often be lazy fucks and will issue the box at the front rather than the older stuff at the back like they are supposed to, I see it all the time when things such as ration packs are being issued.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stockman: We need 50 crates of boxers.
    Accountant: You have 30 crates of boxers in stock, issue them and we'll order 20 crates of new ones.

Bob's your uncle, Fanny's your aunt, you now have new boxers and old boxers in circulation at the same time.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2015-11-22 at 07:11 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Because storemen can often be lazy fucks and will issue the box at the front rather than the older stuff at the back like they are supposed to, I see it all the time when things such as ration packs are being issued.
    I'm still confident that the boxers were 30 years old, give or take a few years with these said possible storage issues.

Also the camos we used off base (we used older camos in the forest and newer at the barracks, and even newer when we were on leave), some were really really old. The model was M62.

A funny ad from a company selling those:

The joke about the cigarettes: there are no pockets, there is a hole from which you can scratch your balls

the navy wanted to have cat guided torpedos in ww2
    http://theweek.com/articles/459802/p...ulous-projects
    Last edited by mizeri; 2015-11-22 at 07:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    the navy wanted to have cat guided torpedos in ww2
    http://theweek.com/articles/459802/p...ulous-projects
    Not the worst idea ever, that had to go with the Soviets strapping bombs to dogs then teaching them to run under tanks. This failed because most of the dogs panicked during a battle and ran towards their handlers blowing them up, the other thing that happened was that they had trained the dogs using Russian tanks......

Not the worst idea ever, that had to go with the Soviets strapping bombs to dogs then teaching them to run under tanks. This failed because most of the dogs panicked during a battle and ran towards their handlers blowing them up, the other thing that happened was that they had trained the dogs using Russian tanks......
    Yeah heard about those.

Still..."Those motherfuckers need PETA in their lives!"

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    Britain wanted to build an aircraft carrier out of ice, so a flying tank isn't so crazy.
    The aircraft carrier was actually a pretty good idea as it was designed to be pretty much unsinkable. It was just too late in the war to be built. The ship was suppose to be bomb/torpedo proof.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Yeah heard about those.

Still..."Those motherfuckers need PETA in their lives!"
    and USA considered designing and using a cluster bomb which released hundreds of bomb-strapped bats.

Srsly though what exactly is the point of this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    The aircraft carrier was actually a pretty good idea as it was designed to be pretty much unsinkable. It was just too late in the war to be built. The ship was suppose to be bomb/torpedo proof.
    Erm no it was stupid. One of the problems being that such aircraft carrier couldn't sail close to warm waters.

Whats the point of having a carrier that cant be sent to some parts of the world? They had to restrict it to either the poles or parts around scandinavia. that severely limits the carriers's capabilities. Because you know thats what a carrier is intended to do, they're offensive weapons and act as mobile airfields.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-11-22 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    and USA considered designing and using a cluster bomb which released hundreds of bomb-strapped bats.

Srsly though what exactly is the point of this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

Erm no it was stupid. One of the problems being that such aircraft carrier couldn't sail close to warm waters.

Whats the point of having a carrier that cant be sent to some parts of the world? They had to restrict it to either the poles or parts around scandinavia. that severely limits the carriers's capabilities. Because you know thats what a carrier is intended to do, they're offensive weapons and act as mobile airfields.
    It was meant to fight the Germans in the mid atlantic, too much heat was never an issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Habakkuk

15+ Year Old Account
    So waste all that money to build something thats only going to last one war?

You know the first official US aircraft carrier was built more than a decade before the second world war. So the british made the logical choice and just scrapped that idea.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-11-22 at 11:57 PM.

Deleted
    You seriously cannot grasp how close the battle of Britain was?

15+ Year Old Account
    You seriously cannot grasp how close the battle of Britain was?
    And instead of building a carrier like how americans did 10 or so years before ww2 or maybe even buy the us carrier (they did buy alot of weapons from the US) they wanted to resort to building something out of ice?

Desperate times do lead to desperate ideas it seems.

Deleted
    And instead of building a carrier like how americans did 10 or so years before ww2 or maybe even buy the us carrier (they did buy alot of weapons from the US) they wanted to resort to building something out of ice?

You do know the first ever aircraft carrier was British? Brits made the first tank, the first jet, the first aircraft carrier, first real machine gun and the first rifle, experimentation does not mean they do now know their shit.

7+ Year Old Account

It doesn't matter if the carrier has limited locations in which it can be deployed, if it preforms in the environments it needs to and is conventionally invincible. That aspect alone would make it the premier carrier for northern battlegrounds.

You know the first official US aircraft carrier was built more than a decade before the second world war. So the british made the logical choice and just scrapped that idea.
    Well it would have been exponentially cheaper than a real carrier. Especially considering the steel shortage.