Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    People's islamophobia will lessen by the time elections roll around.
    Granting the premise that the current wave of nativism can correctly be characterized as Islamophobia, what makes you confident that it will lessen? I think there's just as much reason to hypothesize heightened tension as there is to guess that it'll fade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Wtf are you talking about?

I'm saying you guys arguing the stats by linking competing stats should realize what you are linking isn't arguing the same point.
    "It's almost like you guys don't understand that statistics can be tweaked" conspiracy nut argument number 100430023220.

I linked a Gallup poll that asks what the people of america identify as. The results show the majority are democrat.

You say they aren't because... I don't know, reasons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    "It's almost like you guys don't understand that statistics can be tweaked" conspiracy nut argument number 100430023220.

I linked a Gallup poll that asks what the people of america identify as. The results show the majority are democrat.

You say they aren't because... I don't know, reasons?
    Except I didn't? I said the polls say different things. Then I offered clarity on the overall world view, and a reason that helps explain the earlier point made about turn out.

Why are you arguing with someone who doesn't even have an opinion on the matter, and who was merely clearing some of the mess up?

You can't read or follow the conversation and you start calling me a tin foil hat wearer when I am the ultimate critic of that sort of thing.

Thanks for that riveting insight you provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Granting the premise that the current wave of nativism can correctly be characterized as Islamophobia, what makes you confident that it will lessen? I think there's just as much reason to hypothesize heightened tension as there is to guess that it'll fade.
    I mean it'll lessen, but only in so far as its redirected at a different group eventually. The history of the US can be reasonably charted by who we're scared of at a given time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I mean it'll lessen, but only in so far as its redirected at a different group eventually. The history of the US can be reasonably charted by who we're scared of at a given time.
    That's the answer - we need to make people scared of Republicans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I've heard scientist or people on MMO say on some theories that they're "settled" especially when there's evidence to say otherwise. However because Conservatives are skeptical they're "anti'science" Total horse shit.
    o noes, it's the climate change deniers all over again!
    please, shut up. this debate has ben settled over, and over, and over, and over again. Stop
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Polling at this stage of the election? I'll Just ask President Giuliani how that worked out for him.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump