Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's too soon to say.

Side note: the warrior class hall looks terribly boring

Its not that bad guys

*sees warrior class hall*

WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZ!!!!!!!1!11!one!!!1

srs tho warrior class hall looks AMAZING!

A done up ravenholdt would suffice, with the platinum members lounge in the basement
    Rogue hall shouldnt be in dalaran, dal has NEVER had anything to do with rogues!

Another option would be a pirate ship/fleet, would explain where those cannon balls come from!

sewers seems pretty weak now :/

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Its not that bad guys

*sees warrior class hall*

WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZ!!!!!!!1!11!one!!!1

srs tho warrior class hall looks AMAZING!

A done up ravenholdt would suffice, with the platinum members lounge in the basement
    Rogue hall shouldnt be in dalaran, dal has NEVER had anything to do with rogues!

Another option would be a pirate ship/fleet, would explain where those cannon balls come from!

sewers seems pretty weak now :/
    yeah i sure want my assasin/ninja character on a pirate ship

it doesnt matter that we dont have anything to do with dalaran
    that's where stuff is happening, so that's where we set up our secret headquarters

if it was in ravenholdt it be like: okay guys we're gathered here in ravenholdt manor to talk strategy about how to defeat the demon horde AT THE OTHER FUCKING END OF THE WORLD.

also the warrior CH is just a bunch of generic big yellow halls, nothing original.
    if you want your class hall to be huge, obvious, in your face and shiny maybe dont play a rogue?
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2015-11-24 at 01:48 AM.

I like what I see so far in the thread with more pictures. Of course will have to wait and see it when it's done and populated.

To me it looks like the Thiefs guild from skyrim which was awsome ( and also in the sewers .. ) so i think the theme is right!

After seeing some of the other halls, particularly the mage, paladin, and the priest/warrior in scale--I have to say the Hall of Shadows is pretty terrible.

I stand by it being better than Ravenholdt (which would have been an even more awful rehash), but the Hall of Shadows is awful, and clearly a lot less effort than most of the other class halls. The theme is right, but it's all that is right. It's small, it's literally the same underbelly we had in Wrath, the gold piles are awful levels of low res--The torches and architecture could be about 50 times better, there should be more rooms, and more variation in general, spiraling stairways and elevators and dungeon-esque areas.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2015-11-24 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    After seeing some of the other halls, particularly the mage, paladin, and the priest/warrior in scale--I have to say the Hall of Shadows is pretty terrible.
    TBH, I think most of the calls halls look pretty bad. I mean Hunter and Druid class halls suck! I like the Shaman, monk, warrior and warlock halls. the rest is average.
    Now that i've seen the other halls, I don't think the rogue one is that bad.
    Also we have a premium location. So much better than Ravenholdt, which is in the middle of nowhere.

I stand by it being better than Ravenholdt (which would have been an even more awful rehash)
    Well, if the same guys that did this shit had to rehash Ravenholdt, sure, it would be at least just as awful. Both places could be great in the apropiate hands.

So far this class hall is just the old underbelly tavern with a few extra rooms and the same old props. Still WIP sure, but there a few core features that won't change and is really sad.

If that's really the old tavern, it makes no sense at all to talk about rogues being secretive and hidden in plain sight when we are using a very well known place in the city. Is way to obvious.

Are the class halls instanced? if they are, i guess that the instanced version of the class hall makes the tavern be part of it while the non-instance tavern remains as it is, but even if that's the case... it makes no sense.

The tavern can be the entrance, sure, it makes sense, it fits. But the hall should be below the underbelly that we know, something at the end of a tunnel that only rogues can use, something at the end of the spiraling stairway leading to a forgotten place that rogues can stablish as their base without those pompous Dalaran mages knowing about it.

Also i find it way too plain. Sure, there are still a lot of things to add, but specially the arena zone seems to be boring for the underbelly theme, this would work great if you also mix a fair mount of chaotic elements like wooden strcuctures, balconys... etc. Just take a look at the old pvp zone in the underbelly, that's the kind of stuff i expected, you should never feel like in a sewer, you should feel like in a small town that happens to be built underground.

Quote Originally Posted by Hntr View Post
    Also we have a premium location. So much better than Ravenholdt, which is in the middle of nowhere.
    It doesn't matter where it is since everybody gets a teleport spell. Of all the reasons people gave agains't Ravenholdt, location was never a good one.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Deleted
    Why not a big Pirate ship

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Why not a big Pirate ship
    because that only fits 1 out of 3 specs

I'm still wondering how is this place super secret like it's supposed to be. I really hope the Hall of Shadows gets some sort of 'precaution' to not let others find out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Well, if the same guys that did this shit had to rehash Ravenholdt, sure, it would be at least just as awful. Both places could be great in the apropiate hands.

So far this class hall is just the old underbelly tavern with a few extra rooms and the same old props. Still WIP sure, but there a few core features that won't change and is really sad.

If that's really the old tavern, it makes no sense at all to talk about rogues being secretive and hidden in plain sight when we are using a very well known place in the city. Is way to obvious.

Are the class halls instanced? if they are, i guess that the instanced version of the class hall makes the tavern be part of it while the non-instance tavern remains as it is, but even if that's the case... it makes no sense.

The tavern can be the entrance, sure, it makes sense, it fits. But the hall should be below the underbelly that we know, something at the end of a tunnel that only rogues can use, something at the end of the spiraling stairway leading to a forgotten place that rogues can stablish as their base without those pompous Dalaran mages knowing about it.

Also i find it way too plain. Sure, there are still a lot of things to add, but specially the arena zone seems to be boring for the underbelly theme, this would work great if you also mix a fair mount of chaotic elements like wooden strcuctures, balconys... etc. Just take a look at the old pvp zone in the underbelly, that's the kind of stuff i expected, you should never feel like in a sewer, you should feel like in a small town that happens to be built underground.
    It's a modified version of the old tavern, but it is part of regular updated Dal--That "third" of the Underbelly is now walled off, the pipes were filled in, making it it's own section that you can only get to from the pipe that drops out of the bottom of Dal, or a single entrance from the upper city. I imagine both of these will have doors that only rogues can go through. Everyone else will just have the center, PvP section of Underbelly, and the other side, where the poison vendors and fishing trainer were/are.

Objects and NPCs will make the space better, but unless they completely revamp the architecture, or start adding in new rooms and tunnels it is going to stay extremely mediocre.

1. Warlocks get a fucking part of planet.
    2. Warriors get a fucking Valhalla fused with Diablo 3 Angel Sanctum.
    3. Hunters get a fucking lodge which looks like from Grizzly Hills.
    4. Shamans get a fucking MAELSTROM.
    5. Mages get a big part of Dalaran.
    6. Monks get a big temple in the mountains.
    7. Priests get something like Auchindoun.
    8. Paladins get a holy chapel.

Rogues get sewers with old model from Wotlk and some useless new textures. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    1. Warlocks get a fucking part of planet.
    2. Warriors get a fucking Valhalla fused with Diablo 3 Angel Sanctum.
    3. Hunters get a fucking lodge which looks like from Grizzly Hills.
    4. Shamans get a fucking MAELSTROM.
    5. Mages get a big part of Dalaran.
    7. Priests get something like Auchindoun.
    8. Paladins get a holy chapel.

Rogues get sewers with old model from Wotlk and some useless new textures. xD
    I think your bias is showing

Warlocks get an environment recycled from the weapons scenarios.
    Warriors get a shitty yellow room clearly reused from one of the dungeons.
    Hunters get a lame alliance-looking night elf house from vanilla covered in snow and a couple of tents
    Shamans get some copy and pasted Cata assets.
    Mages get parts of Dalaran like we haven't seen Dalaran before.
    Monks already had a temple in the mountains.
    Priests get recycled auchindoun area.
    Paladins get a shitty chapel from vanilla quests.

Look, I can do it too

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    wrong..... they get the pandaren starting zone which is basically a giant living turtle......

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Definitely feels like the other classes got cooler halls

Deleted
    It's a modified version of the old tavern, but it is part of regular updated Dal--That "third" of the Underbelly is now walled off, the pipes were filled in, making it it's own section that you can only get to from the pipe that drops out of the bottom of Dal, or a single entrance from the upper city. I imagine both of these will have doors that only rogues can go through. Everyone else will just have the center, PvP section of Underbelly, and the other side, where the poison vendors and fishing trainer were/are.

Objects and NPCs will make the space better, but unless they completely revamp the architecture, or start adding in new rooms and tunnels it is going to stay extremely mediocre.
    Okay, just to get this straight , we get a walled of part of the sewers, with old tawern and some new roooms, which are as big as the entrance room of my garnison? Thats it? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I was one of those to say: "ravenhold would be nice, but I hope they dont fuck sewers up so it can be good". What the hell.

After seeing the other halls, were also some of old textures were reused, I just could cry. THEY didn't even put enough effort into making something new. Just old sewers with new tiny rooms. We don't even get some kind of secret location, NO NO NO we get part of sewers that already existed and just build a fucking wall. Yeah no one will evere find us or recognize where we could be.
    Maybe we can fool a warrior into beleving that the crap of mages now just takes a lot more room to be flushed down ...

Disappointment to the MAX!
    Last edited by mmoc9038fdc8bf; 2015-11-24 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowslim View Post
    Okay, just to get this straight , we get a walled of part of the sewers, with old tawern and some new roooms, which are as big as the entrance room of my garnison? Thats it? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I was one of those to say: "ravenhold would be nice, but I hope they dont fuck sewers up so it can be good". What the hell.

After seeing the other halls, were also some of old textures were reused, I just could cry. THEY didn't even put enough effort into making something new. Just old sewers with new tiny rooms. We don't even get some kind of secret location, NO NO NO we get part of sewers that already existed and just build a fucking wall. Yeah no one will evere find us or recognize where we could be.
    Maybe we can fool a warrior into beleving that the crap of mages now just takes a lot more room to be flushed down ...

Disappointment to the MAX!
    Tavern is modified a bit, I think some of its wooden walls are gone, and maybe the physical bar itself? But yes, that third of the underbelly was walled off to make our class hall, and the tavern is mostly the same.

Deleted
    Why would a rogue want a flashy hall anyway, the whole point is to remain low profile... Anyway just wait till they add stuff, theres no npcs, no props, no substance, nothing you can really make an opinion about except the bare environment.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Awful. Not impressed. Is this supposed to entice people to buy the new expansion? Re-using wotlk content and calling it a feature?
    And wouldn't a Ravenholdt based and themed hall been reusing Vanilla content ?
    That would have been a problem using any pre-existing location, if it were not to stand out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I think your bias is showing

Warlocks get an environment recycled from the weapons scenarios.
    Warriors get a shitty yellow room clearly reused from one of the dungeons.
    Hunters get a lame alliance-looking night elf house from vanilla covered in snow and a couple of tents
    Shamans get some copy and pasted Cata assets.
    Mages get parts of Dalaran like we haven't seen Dalaran before.
    Monks already had a temple in the mountains.
    Priests get recycled auchindoun area.
    Paladins get a shitty chapel from vanilla quests.

Look, I can do it too
    This sums it up pretty well.
    Anyone can find something to complain about if they want to find it, if they look hard enough.
    Doesn't mean it is more valid criticism than other classes have.
    Personally I think the functionality, the atmosphere largely driven by players is what will make or break class order halls for me.
    Not some petty and desperate complaint about similarities to somewhere else, which if I wanted to I could find in ANY wow content.
    "Ulduar has a mechanical theme too much like Gnomeregan, how unoriginal of blizzard".
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2015-11-25 at 01:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.