Thread: Holy worth it?

Deleted

Holy worth it?

I recently came back to WoW after taking a break from highmaul, and i still cant stand the Disc gameplay.

I looked through some logs and seems a few people still play Holy, is it worth it? Or only after a certain gear level?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's functional, but performs below Disc - or all other healers, really. You probably won't have much issues early on, but once you start gearing up... Our newest set bonuses are pretty bad and class trinket is one of the worst things ever - and no, that's not overexaggeration. Divine Hymn is probably the worst raid cooldown available and none of our other spells are really that impressive.

I suppose it's "worth it" - if you accept that you'll get same/worse results for more effort and will be expected to spec Disc if there is none in the raid. Other than that, not really. It plays like an inferior Resto Druid, but doesn't put the same numbers and doesn't have powerful raid cooldown.

Deleted
    You´ll find most of your answers here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-specc-choice

I started WoD as Disc, but the guild had a couple, so I was asked to go holy. No it doesn't put up the numbers, especially with all the mitigation from shields. The raid CD sucks, although Hymn does briefly buff healing done. You can be a valuable asset with HoTs, CoH, and instant FH with SoL procs, and being able to instantly put wings on a tank a breath away from dying has been useful in progression. If you want the numbers and utility, go with a holy pally. MW monks can be OP to, but I never was able to master the play style to get the numbers and gave up in MoP. I've seen some MW put up great numbers in WoD. I liked my druid in BC days, and it's still a solid choice with a great raid CD, but running around tossing HoTs and mushrooms is a little boring to me. I liked my shaman, but I don't think it is in the best place compared to where it was, although the Spirit Link and Healing Tide are nice CDs.

IMO, read up on Legion, as that will change almost everyone, and what you like now may not be what you like in Legion.

I have been holy since Vanilla and I can tell you for the last few expansions Holy has been in a bad spot. Here are the reasons I have seen.

Number 1 offender= Prayer of healing group requirement
    Number 2 offender= PoH weakness forces a Renew, CoH rotation. Renew is incredible sub-par to rejuvenation from druids, Coh is good but is the only thing holding Holy up, without it Holy would be a joke.
    Number 3 Offender= Divine hymn buffs other healers healing, making Holy look worse on meters and everyone else look better.

Holy does a piss poor job of sniping heals, Holy's CDs make others look good, Holy has a bunch of dead spells like Heal and flash heal that when used drop you on the meters.
    When it comes down to it I don't care how good the math works for holy if the community doesn't think it's good it won't get invited.

If you like holy play holy, its perfectly fine even for mythics, even if lackluster. That being said as a 731 holy priest, it's a sad day when a 710 healer (any of them) can keep up with or beat me when I am trying my damn hardest to be a throughput machine. That's how you can tell if a class is broken or not.

Deleted
    How is it looking for Legion tho? Worth recruiting Priests now as Holy to play Holy in Legion=

Deleted
    Theres no way of knowing now how holy will be in legion. Even in wod beta holy looked really good but turned out not so good in live and most holy priest had to go disc. I would recruit players who are either really skilled and will keep up even if a spec isn´t that competitive or flexible in changing their spec/class.

I'm so fucking happy with the Archimode trinkets Blizz gave. It really is the most usefull thing ever.
    Wut wut wut in the mud

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Theres no way of knowing now how holy will be in legion. Even in wod beta holy looked really good but turned out not so good in live and most holy priest had to go disc. I would recruit players who are either really skilled and will keep up even if a spec isn´t that competitive or flexible in changing their spec/class.
    Holy was SO much fun in the beta and it didn't do too poorly versus other healers in Highmaul, but by Blackrock, meh it really felt like the slot would be better served by a monk or druid. (We already had resto shaman, disc priest and holy paladin so I just brought out my resto druid to finish the expac)

As for recruiting, I would recruit people who are comfortable on more than one healer to be honest, that way if it turns out that one spec or class is terrible, they have an option to swap out to something the group needs. This would be in a mythic environment. In a Normal/Heroic environment, to a certain degree, you can play what you want right up until there's a fight that needs more healing cooldowns and you're lacking one. Or your group can't be assed to use personal cooldowns...Jesus fucking christ Leslie, use a personal..*ahem* Sorry. Flashbacks.
    Last edited by Lahkesis; 2015-11-27 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    If you like holy play holy, its perfectly fine even for mythics, even if lackluster. That being said as a 731 holy priest, it's a sad day when a 710 healer (any of them) can keep up with or beat me when I am trying my damn hardest to be a throughput machine. That's how you can tell if a class is broken or not.
    This post just seems full of contradictions to me. How can something be perfectly fine when you get outhealed by someone 20ilevels below you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    This post just seems full of contradictions to me. How can something be perfectly fine when you get outhealed by someone 20ilevels below you?
    It's viable for healing mythic content but it's not competitive.

Disc is pretty overrated (not saying it aint strong as fuck). as 11/13 M. I'm often the only priest healer. and I only go disc on Tyrant, mostly because of the debuff doing damage. On manno you notice the difference on gaze. But it's not huge. Hell most of the time the leader doesn't even notice wether I'm disc or holy.
    While I'm often near the top with healing/on pare. I agree that number wise we're not that competitive. But I'd argue our burst healing is really good, and that's what matters mostly.