Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    Go CoP with RoW and couple it with either Sethe or IRP if you need the haste. You can even use DSI if you have it. From my experience the difference is pretty negligible and it depends on what your group needs.
    I would definately say that DSI is better than both irp and seethe for COP + row (unless you need the haste from irp)

I actually think seethe may be better on that particular fight. If you get luck infernal spawns you can just cleave for some decent DPS.

Sethe allows you to actually tunnel the boss while still triggering a good amount of ToF so it may be easier to play. On the other hand boss damage before the last phase is be the least important thing during progress since one will have to stop damaging it to get better timings on the transitions anyway.

Shadow priests are one of the best to damage the infernals while being one of the worse for imps. I would not recommend going for Insanity and Halo just to increase ones imp damage during progress. The tradeoff on other targets is disproportionate to the gain on imp damage compared to any other class. Sure you can do it and sure it will increase your personal DPS but it's probably not helping your raid killing the boss faster.

Depending on what poses the biggest challenge for ones raid group the optimal spec may differ. In case the biggest problems lie in not enough add damge both AS and CoP without RoW will fare well, with Mind Bender or Insanity depending on how often one has to focus a single add (which could also be a sole imp that was not gripped). If the raid is struggeling with damage on Mannoroth in the last phase CoP with RoW and low haste will yield the best results (assuming Bloodlust/Heroism is popped there). The downside is quite low damage in any other phase since the high movement this encounter requires is very punishing for nonoptimal play (which is not unusual while learning a fight) and also ones contribution on any add will be lackluster.

On actual farm mode everything changes and CoP with RoW, Insanity and Halo may be the best option.
    Last edited by Seriv; 2015-12-12 at 01:26 AM.
    Seriiw | set sail for fail (Blackrock-EU)

Deleted
    I was running some sims for the first time since the ilvl increase. I discovered that for single target sethe was pulling almost identical DPS as DSI over a range of fight lengths and for both patchwork and helterskelter.

I'm not sure if it's just a scaling issue with trinkets or perhaps an oversight right from the beginning (I only just got DSI so never did a direct comparison before for myself).

A little hard to decipher but here were my results;
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=704006982
    HAC 2 350 = hectic add cleave, 2 main targets, 350sec fight duration
    HS = helter skelter
    the CoP stuff is below the AS results.

At this point I'd be fairly confident in just saying DSI is dead unless anyone has some other results which I'd be super interested to see.
    sethe vs IRP is an interesting one, for pure single target I think IRP could come out ahead if you need the haste from it. However on a multi target fight I just think sethe is going win out every single time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    I don't agree with you saying there are too many interruptions and too much movement to play RoW. All the movement there is is at set times and you play around it. There's plenty of filler spells you can use in between moving and you can even refresh your stacks before movement if you're not comfortable enough playing it riskier.

As for using mindbender over insanity, I don't understand why that would be a consideration when imps are probably the biggest priority on mythic Mannoroth. While shadow will obviously not do the best damage to the imps, I find myself having plenty of time to AoE in the last phase. Even when you ignore the imps I feel insanity will always outperform mindbender.

To rinelki: you say you can't just ignore infernals but earlier in the thread you said the infernals don't live long enough for you to dot them up. How important is your dps to them really? You can explain to your raidleader that if you're playing CoP with RoW switching to the infernals is a massive damage loss for you. If that doesn't mess up the timings I see no issue with this. Of course if you have to switch to the doom lords go for it, since those generally live long enough for the DPS loss to not be as big. If you don't mind it you should focus on your strength as a shadow priest on this fight and that is boss damage. Go CoP with RoW and couple it with either Sethe or IRP if you need the haste. You can even use DSI if you have it. From my experience the difference is pretty negligible and it depends on what your group needs.

What I personally do if I AoE the imps (we're so deep in farm that switching to try and AoE sometimes isn't worth it) is refresh the class trinket stacks right before imps spawn and save up orbs so I can Searing Insanity the imps. If this means having to mind flay earlier to have enough orbs and also keep the stacks up, so be it. It's not as big of a deal on a long fight like Mannoroth if you drop your stacks a few times; just try to minimize it happening. I can say from experience that Mannoroth was one of the harder fights to learn to play CoP+RoW on but the best way to learn is to try! And as for the felseeker, if you guys stack up for it it's not terrible to just let yourself get hit while you shield yourself if you can't move away from the felseeker in time. If you're afraid you'll drop your stacks just as the felseeker comes in try and play around that by refreshing early with mind flay. Same with Gaze of Mannoroth. Good luck!
    Hi Isentropy, thanks! I have Scrubbie on my btag, didnt expect to find you on here. :P
    One of the reasons I want to switch to COP (on our first 2 kills of Manno I was AS) is that our raid leader calls for every ranged to switch to infernals as soon as they spawn (we kinda have a weird strat for Manno... we dont stack on the outer hitbox of the boss and move from one side to another... we tank it in the middle and go back and forth from the middle to the outer circle of the platform). I'm usually top dps on them (with a lock and a hunter) and I guess I could try to just ignore them once and focus on manno... altho I'm sure I'd get yelled at if for some reason they stay up too long and cause troubles. :P
    For doomlords I usually dont switch often to them... with the gear everyone has now we actually have to stop dps on them or they wont cast at all, plus we have 2 dps warriors in raid (and I really hate this) so sometimes it's even hard to get a TOF proc on them since they go from above 20% to dead in almost no time.
    So yeah I kind of hate this fight because with the raid setup we have, the strat we use, and the fact I need to dps infernals, I feel it's really frustrating for a shadow priest. I will try what you suggested tho... refresh stacks before imps, cascade, searing insanity, then run to the end of the platform to bait feelseeker... altho I feel I might have to refresh flay before I get there to make sure the stacks dont fall off... the timing is really close with us running back and forth so much. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    I was running some sims for the first time since the ilvl increase. I discovered that for single target sethe was pulling almost identical DPS as DSI over a range of fight lengths and for both patchwork and helterskelter.
    Take into consideration that the current simcraft action list is not one that allows a mastery focus. Also Darklight Ray scales with haste but not with mastery meaning that a high haste build will favor Sethe more than a high mastery one.
    Seriiw | set sail for fail (Blackrock-EU)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriv View Post
    Take into consideration that the current simcraft action list is not one that allows a mastery focus. Also Darklight Ray scales with haste but not with mastery meaning that a high haste build will favor Sethe more than a high mastery one.
    The haste values didn't change throughout, all the sims for CoP were done with slightly over 35% (I think 35.16%) which I'd assume is fairly standard for CoP right now. I'll look into the action lists more but didn't immediately see anything that suggested they were way off track.