Poll: ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariselea View Post
    I'm fairly (99%) sure it's a Hungarian dish but I never saw it being eaten with those toppings on it when I went there.

Sometimes you see them at markets or fairs here and they add all sweet toppings on it.
    Not really my interest - plain all the way! Or maybe some garlic and/or cheese added on top.
    It's very popular in sweden on markets and festivals, some pizza places have them to.

General Tso's and cheese wontons.

fried dumplings

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Fried Chicken listed twice? Well done.

Fried pickles.
    I swear I didn't put that there. xD
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Bacon, when it's cooked right. Love me some fried chicken too. And really, just about anything my mom fries is awesome.

There seems to be a sort of craze going on for deep fried candy bars/Oreos and such, but I've never cared much for that sort of thing. Maybe it was just a bad experience with one that was done wrong, but I tried a couple of deep fried Oreos once and actually got sick off of them.

Properly made Southern Fried Chicken is outrageous. Probably the best dish humans have ever created.

The crispy, juicy, salty but oddly sour/sweet, peppery-ness of Southern Fried Chicken is a contradiction of simplicity and complexity.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a general sense? Italian mixed fried fish (fritto misto di pesce).

Since China tends to be a bit short on Italian restaurants, I end up making do with fried squid on a stick. In particular, there is a local chain that tends to run small shops where you can get a largish squid (about 10" in body length, making the whole thing about a foot long), with a light coating, seasoned with one of several blends of spices. I often grab one on the way to work, have them toss some curry powder and red pepper on it, and munch it on the way to campus.

Something similar to this: https://www.colourbox.com/image/deep...-image-6289582 except that they are a bit larger than these look and they're fried fresh at the time I order.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

No fried ice cream? That's like my favorite guilty pleasure

I like fried fish, especially catfish. Chicken fried steak is also awesome!

We like to deep fry lots of things in the south :P Since moving up to the pacific northwest... there's no place around here that even has fried catfish. So... fish and chips is all I have access to. Luckily... that's opened up an entirely new thing for me. Fried salmon, halibut... etc. I don't eat it very often because fried food doesn't agree with my stomach. But when I do... always awesome.

Deleted
    Fried TheramoreIsTheBomb

10+ Year Old Account
    other: Okra

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Since its thanksgiving and everyone will be eating themselves until their shirt rips [in a good way] whats your favorite fried food
    My favorite fried food.

Well since I have a deep fryer, and I use it all the time. I would say, any of the homemade foods I make using it. I use a blend of oil 60% canola 40% Extra Virgin Olive. I season the oil with bacon when I change it out.

That said, I make everything expected fries, tortilla chips, chimichangas, and taquitos. I would say my Chimies are fairly insane, and good. My corn chips are traditional. I make fresh potato chips which are blanched in white vinegar and salt. I also sometimes make Garlic bombs in the fryer.

Thorsday I plan to make a Ribroast, with Yorkshire pudding, and drop donuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really anything, but highlights are various cheeses and potato things.

Scallops/wholebelly clams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chetnik View Post
    No fried ice cream? That's like my favorite guilty pleasure
    Super awesome, yes. I have not yet tried to make it, since I hardly ever buy Icecream, however I was taught how.

10+ Year Old Account
    fried calamari in garlic with olive and dipped in melted butter. EVERY SINGLE TIME. excellent source of protein too. has 14g per 4 pieces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Bacon, when it's cooked right. Love me some fried chicken too. And really, just about anything my mom fries is awesome.

There seems to be a sort of craze going on for deep fried candy bars/Oreos and such, but I've never cared much for that sort of thing. Maybe it was just a bad experience with one that was done wrong, but I tried a couple of deep fried Oreos once and actually got sick off of them.
    quickest way to an early grave.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rice, I can eat fried rice all day long and not feel like I'm going to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Rice, I can eat fried rice all day long and not feel like I'm going to die.
    Boy, have I got some news for you Aori...

Deleted
    Brrrr...

10+ Year Old Account
    excuse me while i throw up....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.