Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Artifact Weapons Conspiracy Theory

I know this is subjective and only my opinion, but I know a lot of players agree with me that those BM hunter artifact weapons are SO UGLY AND LAME! They look absolutely terrible! The Challenge mode gun from WoD is a thousand times better and even that is pretty lackluster! Why are these weapons so bland when all the other classes (aside from Shadow priest) get these gorgeous and highly animated weapons?

My conspiracy theory that I really hope is true:

"Each BM artifact weapon allows the hunter to tame a new Spirit Beast specific to that artifact weapon."

-The new spirit beasts will be completely new art models similar to how Loque Nahak was introduced.

-OR-

You choose your favorite pet and can now apply various particle/spectral/glow effects to it. Can only be applied to one pet at a time.

Something like this is the only rationale I can think of for such terrible artifact weapons. Similarly I expect that the shadow priest weapon will alter the appearance of shadowform.

Is it possible to make gun look good?

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    KZ opera gun says yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    KZ opera gun says yes.
    only good looking gun in the game imo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Based on a poll you took that one million people signed or what qualifies as "a lot" these days?
    I think a lot of players agree with me just based on the general outrage that ensued on the official forums. Shadow priests were really pissed too and I don't blame them.

The tusk gun looks excellent. The others are pretty awful.

But I don't think there's "outrage" and I just don't care that much. But I also don't plan on playing BM at this moment in time. MM is looking to be top PVE and SV just looks damn fun.

Of course, BM might end up being top and in that case I'll play BM. Still wouldn't care.
    Last edited by galaxyquest; 2015-11-24 at 09:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post

But I don't think there's "outrage" and I just don't care that much. But I also don't plan on playing BM at this moment in time. MM is looking to be top PVE and SV just looks damn fun.

Of course, BM might end up being top and in that case I'll play BM. Still wouldn't care.
    Maybe "outrage," was a bit dramatic, but the feedback so far on the BM artifact weapons has been very negative. As someone that has played BM almost exclusively for 10 years I'm very disappointed with the look of the artifact weapons. I may switch to survival just so I don't have to use those hideous guns. Unless of course new pets are attached to the weapons which I think could make sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Yeah, keeping with the "Cleric" theme for a disc (or holy) priest, a mace and off hand would fit better here. I like guns on dwarves but bows on other classes. The variations are endless and with 34 artefacts in 5 variations / stages (minimum) that is almost 200 reasons to make a topic and rouse the unwashed masses to complain how it should have been different.
    I know you can't please everyone, but I think it's pretty clear where the art resources went. Almost every spec in the game will have some badass weapon in one form or variation, but BM hunters and Shadow priests just got the bottom of the barrel I think.

1 gun? Ok that's fine, there has to be a gun included right? But several guns and no bows? BM hunters have always been able to use bows. If you're going to make bows MM exclusive then you better make those guns look awesome and they do not. The guns look terrible.

I hope it's because they are giving BM hunters some badass new pets to tame because honestly that is more "their thing," than any artifact weapon anyways.

Deleted
    I don't mind BM artifact, these 3 skin are nice:

you can xmog guns into the good ol bow from illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    only good looking gun in the game imo
    Let us not forget this beauty that desperately needs an HD remake.

Based on a poll you took that one million people signed or what qualifies as "a lot" these days?
    Good question.

Do the MMO-C preview videos count as a poll? I noticed that, of all the videos they released, the Beast Mastery one was the one video where almost half the people who were inclined to "vote" on the video gave it a thumbs down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zk99lScw9Q
    In contrast, most of the other ones are vastly voted up instead. IE, here's the one with the most similar amount of video views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf4DDgbLZQk

It's, at the very least, a recognizable phenomenon. The BM guns were not as well received as many of the other artifacts, for whatever reason.

My personal theory is that the guns don't meet expectations because they, for the most part, don't look like guns. I could see a black, militarized weapon being received well, and based on the popularity of the karazhan gun I don't think it's too off base. For starters, maybe the default solution for making the guns "look more impressive" shouldn't be to add a blade to the weapon. The artifact pistol is essentially half bayonet, and the upgrade to the base gun is a large blade along the forestock, etc.
    I think a minigun would've been quite a tempting 'gun artifact' to make, and quite funny in execution. The animations on guns have so much breadth that's different from traditional WoW weapon animations. More mechanical. Spinning barrel, reload clips, magazines, etc. Who knows.
    Last edited by Nakauri; 2015-11-25 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/transmo...tem-model-list

Being someone that isn't too fond of WoW's guns I do like a few of the models that have been added a bit more recently. The greens/blues that were added with WoD (Lunarglow Gun) and MoP (Yan-Zhu's Pressure Valve and Bronzed Gun), the Massive Firearm of Death and it's variants and Megashot Rifle are all very nice waepons imo. I think the MM bow and crossbow will be received a bit better though since Blizzard is just better at building bows.
    Last edited by Rizendragon; 2015-11-25 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakauri View Post
    My personal theory is that the guns don't meet expectations because they, for the most part, don't look like guns. I could see a black, militarized weapon being received well, and based on the popularity of the karazhan gun I don't think it's too off base.
    Good thing that it doesn't look "realistic" like the one in karazhan then, I hate that gun.

I love the fact that the two last models are inspired by animals, and apart from the pistol, I like them all.

And again I want to remind everyone that we don't know what the weapons's effects are when they fire or wind up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I think a lot of players agree with me just based on the general outrage that ensued on the official forums. Shadow priests were really pissed too and I don't blame them.
    I like them alot. I never expect a gun to be as pretty as a Staff or Bow could be. But then again, I am not an artist. But maybe that's why I like them.

15+ Year Old Account
    The base gun is kinda icky.

But I like a lot of the models.

But then I also think priests getting a sacrificial dagger is pretty cool, so what do I know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    The base gun is kinda icky.

But I like a lot of the models.

But then I also think priests getting a sacrificial dagger is pretty cool, so what do I know.
    This is my favorite part about being human. Not everyone are the same. Not everyone shares the same taste!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    Shadow Priest and Hunter Guns have more variation than Fury Warrior artifacts. We have it worse, shhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    The WoD engineering gun looks good imo especially with the MoP CM mog. But after looking at all the models of the artifact there are 2 I like, the ones with the tusks on the side look good imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    Exactly my thoughts dude.

I think all variations of the gun are unattractive, but it also doesn't make much sense to give them to BM hunters. The sniper would make much more sense with MM, and one could argue that if they're focusing on doing their damage solo, as in, without a pet, they would want more firepower. Literally.

Plus I think the gun doesn't really fit with certain races. Dwarves, gnomes, humans, and goblins would make sense with a gun, but an elf, troll, or tauren doesn't seem to fit as well. I just wish they'd thought about this more.