Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Champion] Poppy: rework

Poppy is going to be so broken guys. Welcome to Season 2 all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    If her ult is anything close to reliable then she's probably going to get reworked again. She would be pick or ban status in LCS simply because she could make fights 5v4 or worse. Not sure how they're planning to balance it. Tanks aren't the hardest targets to hit with skill shots because they're built to be able to survive them. This however would completely remove them from the fight, which would be devastating for any team comp.

My biggest fear is that they're going to try to make her something like Shen. 100% reliant on using two abilities correctly to be useful and having low damage to make up for how powerful their utility is. I really want to see the stats on her Q. If it's just flat damage and magic then she'll be destined to be a low damage tank. Riot will nerf her if she's able to deal decent damage that way for the same reasons they nerfed Sion's E.

Hoping that they wont view her as strictly a tank and allow her to be more of a bruiser. Her potential combo ability isn't fun if your damage is pathetic once the game goes late.
    I'm getting the complete brusier/antibruiser type like Garen or Mundo, more like Mundo in tank utility. With Poppy on peels, Lucian, Vi, Fizz, Malphite, Ekko, Riven, and champs like Katarina are going to have a seriously hard time engaging and changing team fights.

Then you have that ult which will just be OP in ranked play. Getting knocked into Red/Blue Buff on Baron/Dragon is game over on contested objectives.

Her W and R use will determine a good Poppy from the bad. So, I ain't worried to much. If you can CS, and avoid dying, she will be broken.
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to her tbh. It will be great to be able to protect my Squishies from predictable dives from Lee Sin or Yasuo and the likes.

Stand in front of them, wait for them to bait a dash. W WALL TO THE FACE.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilz View Post
    you were angry at tristana for saving people when trying to get the kill with her ult. Imagine all the poppy players when she first gets released with an ult like that.

Her face is strange on some of her skins, like uncanny valley strange. Good thing i own noxus poppy already.
    she's so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dont understand Riot at all, this is hardly a rework and more of a complete remake. Only thing thats consistant is the charge.

Shes got all these teamfight control abilities instead of the tower diving, hard hitting, escape artist she used to be.

Instead of making a new hero they just delete an old one and tack on stuff over it because its not as popular as the 2billion Riven mains in the world.

This is exactly what they done with Karma except not as bad, I enjoyed that hero a lot, but she wasnt played much, so they completely rework her kit and make it play entirely differently.

The new abilities arent bad by any means, but why they had to be tacked over an already existing skill set is beyond me.
    If they could of just disabled to old poppy they would of. Just like Evelynn, Karma and Sion before her Poppy was a champion that they flat out disliked enough to almost completely delete. She's not the same champion anymore but that was their goal from the beginning of Poppy's development.

Seriously they've gone on record in saying there are champions they wanted to just delete. Vladimir and Old Soraka to name a few.

7+ Year Old Account
    Have to wonder why, its some freaking weird design philosophy they have, generally you want to keep customers happy, so I dont see the sense in remaking a champion that people find fun, and that the majority of players dont use. Let it be niche, not every champion has to be top 5 pick/ban.
    In Poppy's specific case they considered a viable Poppy much worse than making the few Poppy players happy. Just like Karma, Sion and Eve pissing off the few people who actually like this champion is worth less than making the people who don't do so.

They complain so much about Vlad when Tahm Kench is way more of an anti-fun champion than Vlad can ever hope to be. ADCs don't need the ability to become immune to damage and taken away from harms way if they get caught by CC. Look at how stupidly aggressive they played when they had Tahm Kench on their team during IEM.
    You've not played against Vlad when he was really OP then. You'd stack spell vamp and do ridiculous damage plus be unkillable. And pool used to have give move speed. Tahm Kench is overpowered absolutely, but we've seen a lot worse and still have a lot worse. Tahm just needs to be CCed when something like Old Vlad had 5k health at 20 mins.

Vlad is only oppressive if he gets ahead in lane and you are forced to deal it with it solo. But there are a lot of other champions that are just as oppressive so I dont get why Vlad would be a problem. Nasus is the same shit, have fun laning against him when hes ahead of you. Yea he cant poke you out like Vlad but turning a Nasus lane into a farm lane is arguably worse

- - - Updated - - -

And to anyone saying new Poppy will be OP cause of her ult... its like you already completely forget what her ult is right now. Its the most OP ability in the entire freakin game

Looks pretty cool, but yeah that ult looks really fucking OP.

Deleted
    Lol, im going to love that rework.

The new abilities arent bad by any means, but why they had to be tacked over an already existing skill set is beyond me.
    Her existing skill set is extremely conflicted though. She's got "tank" written all over her, percentage max health damage is extremely common for tanks, so are extra defenses built into their kit and stuns, conditional or otherwise. Everything about her current model suggests she should, at first glance, be a tank too, she has a shield thats almost as big as she is and a massive hammer. But she's an Assasin, one thats deceptively durable and can do more or less whatever she pleases without consequence. If she gets ahead, even very slightly then your're in for a world of hurt, theres nothing you can do to stop her Ulting someone like Braum and then murdering the rest of his team before it wears off. Which is the core problem with her current kit - It doesn't allow you any real options when fighting her.

She also falls into that problem space where she cannot be allowed to ever be good or she'll just absolutely destroy games, so she has to be deliberately kept much weaker than she should be simply because the alternative is much worse for everyone involved. If she ever was buffed to a level where she could compete, she'd be immediately overpowered and Riot would be forced to nerf her back to where she was. The only way for them to get her to a place where she could concievably be balanced is to remake her from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    In Poppy's specific case they considered a viable Poppy much worse than making the few Poppy players happy. Just like Karma, Sion and Eve pissing off the few people who actually like this champion is worth less than making the people who don't do so.
    I love what they did with Sion. Before he was an indistinct green blob that was almost never played, and when he was h made the other laner miserable when they eventually didn't have enough damage to pop his shield and he'd just keep dropping unavoidable burst on them. Now he spends his time smashing, yelling, charging and, most importantly, getting picked at all. The fact he's got a ton of personality crammed in there that carries through out everything from his VO to his skills is just icing on the cake. They really did a fantastic job with him in my opinion.

Deleted
    Just going to leave this here. (lol'ed)

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked old poppy. Gruff li'l McGruffin.

A lot easier to see all the details that went into the animation from this angle.

It's probably the highest quality champion they've ever designed so far if we don't count skins like Super Galaxy Rumble and the ultimate skins. I wonder how fast they could do visual updates like this if they didn't have to wait for the kit to be reworked also. Either way I'm hoping the next visual update is Warwick considering they said their ideas for his new kit require a higher quality character model to animate the abilities.
    I hope they get around to updating kennen and vladimir they both look really bad.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Foo Foo Cuddlypoops View Post
    I hope they get around to updating kennen and vladimir they both look really bad.
    I hope they take the time to do another couple of smaller ones after Poppy too. I'd put Dr Mundo right at the top of the list for a makeover, he's in a place where his kit is more or less fine and he's seeing a lot of play right now, but his model looks totally antique compared to some of the newer champions. There's a lot of other champs in the same sort of position too, Amumu, Blitzcrank, Xin, Malphite etc. A few kit tweaks, a new model and they're good to go.

Dude I'm so ready to golf people off the screen!!!

Deleted
    The new poppy is clearly a Tank and disrupter.
    Very crapy AD ratios.

I think she is one of the best tanks with:
    -Tank Masteries
    -Scaling Armor and MR runes
    -her W passive
    -Build Tanky

Her W passive plus a tanky build and masteries makes you one of the best tanks in the late game
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-12-11 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Poppy. I'm helping:

Deleted
    Ugly Poppy is better than pretty Poppy.

I think it's impossible to carry with her like you used to.
    That ultimate made you feel like a god at late game.

The only thing she is good at is disrupt tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ugly Poppy is better than pretty Poppy.

I think it's impossible to carry with her like you used to.
    That ultimate made you feel like a god at late game.

The only thing she is good at is disrupt tanking.
    No, she can clearly carry.

Just had a Poppy do so. You have to know how to use her ult. If you don't use her ult properly you might as well pick a different champion. They went built like you would a Bruiser. Pen/AD, Scaling Hp, Scaling MR with MS quint. Item build was Triforce, Cleaver, Yomu, deadmans, banshee, and rageblade

And they roamed, mid, and Blue Jungle. It was over by 20. He was against Garen none the less.

We will see Poppy in the LCS, unless she gets nerfed to the ground. Almost every game is a Poppy now.