Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    We have to be aggressive to solidify our position in a raid, and I'm deeply worried we're going to be irrelevant for our second expansion in a row.
    I think that based on the Legion changes Blizzard should solidify the roles of the healers. Paladins have always been the tank healers, and every other healer sort of jockeys for position as raid healer and thus the only thing that sets them apart is the utility they bring.

I personally think that in light of our new mastery that Resto Sham/Druid would be the kings of raid healing, that Pally/MW would be kings of single target spot and tank healing, and that Holy Priests could talent to focus more on tank healing or raid healing but not both at the same time, with Disc being 50/50 atonement healers.

Ultimately MW lacks a niche and something we're good at that makes raid leaders want to bring us.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the comments from mistweavers being bad specifically at the start of xpac came from being shit all beta, and getting buffs before live. Basically no one did beta testing w/ the buffs and continued to parrot "monks are going to be shit".

I can't wait for this beta test with posts saying "life cocoon is a horrible ability, please rework" and we get a blue post saying LC is fine ))))))))))
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-11-27 at 05:43 AM.

A lot of the design of Monks has been thrown off course at various times (for all 3 specs) because, quite frankly, the Monk community at large has almost always been horribly wrong about whatever the current state of any given spec is. If a spec was awful, some morons would be saying it was amazing. If it was amazing, people would continue acting like it was terrible. A large part of that also wasn't even people that played Monks, but world first race raiders that never played Monk and insisted on throwing their opinion in on things they had no clue about (the best example being when everyone though BrMs were terrible in Highmaul because Riggnaros had no clue how Serenity worked as an ability). When WWs were OP, everyone whined about how they did too much damage instead of realizing that it was SEF that was brokenly overpowered and WW was actually fine outside of those situations.

MW has had it the worst, with literally every tier the majority opinion was the opposite of reality. In 5.0, people whined that Revival wasn't very good even though MWs were far better than basically any spec except Disc. In 5.2, people though MW was OP for some reason when it was really just mediocre. Then in 5.4, the legion of 10 man raiders insisted that MW was pretty good when it was actually the worst healer in the game. In 6.0 again people said that MW was bad for some strange reason when it was great until 6.1 when Resto Shamans got double SLT, but then in 6.2 again MW was great and everyone says it sucks.

Some of the ridiculous design can be blamed on the devs, but just as much can be blamed on the horribly ignorant community of fly-by-night Monks that would pick up the class when they thought a spec was OP and drop it the next patch, lacking all context or understanding of how the three specs actually worked. It doesn't take long to look around the Legion changes discussions and see people saying they only started playing whatever spec they're talking about in 6.1 or 6.2, which would be unheard of in any other class discussion. No one without years of experience in a class is taken seriously anywhere else, yet Monks have to or there would be no one to talk to.

I absolutely HATE both the removal of chi as well as the whole Soothing Mists becoming an afterthought thing.

The reason I play monk is because I like channel healing. There are three perfectly good other classes I could have played if I wanted the cast bar style healing.

This is NOT what I signed up for, and I wish I could go back in time and give whoever came up with these ideas a fever so they missed work the day they were discussing the MW redesign.

Deleted
    Nice, a hate-thread.

WW:
    I hate that they remove many of the decisions to make during fights and replace them with random procs or click-and-forget abilities.
    I hate that at least currently the legendaries are so stupidly OP. To get the most out of your char, you have to farm the same mobs for hours and hours. With bad RNG, you still won't have it.
    I hate that they still do absolutely nothing against our incredibly bad scaling with secondary stats. With the removal of multistrike, they even make it worse. I'd like to add that with multistrike removed another proc is gone, which is good, but this is a hate thread. Disregard the last sentence please.

MW:
    I hate that they remove the possibility to do damage as a MW, and remove Chi.

/rant

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    A lot of the comments from mistweavers being bad specifically at the start of xpac came from being shit all beta, and getting buffs before live. Basically no one did beta testing w/ the buffs and continued to parrot "monks are going to be shit".

I can't wait for this beta test with posts saying "life cocoon is a horrible ability, please rework" and we get a blue post saying LC is fine ))))))))))
    the monk complaint to turnaround cycle takes around 1 expansion, we got rid of mastery this expansion so LC will be reworked in 8.0

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah, fucking blizzard make up your mind

all artifact talents yulon based
    all spec talents chiji based

fucking stop

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    the monk complaint to turnaround cycle takes around 1 expansion, we got rid of mastery this expansion so LC will be reworked in 8.0
    You just don't understand how hard it is to be run out of ideas for new things they can give Holy Paladins.

oh yeah, fucking blizzard make up your mind

all artifact talents yulon based
    all spec talents chiji based

fucking stop
    Jab of Xuen: Punches the enemy for weak damage, to remind the Mistweaver of everything they've lost.
    Last edited by Myta; 2015-11-27 at 08:00 PM.

Deleted
    GKSDPOKAFDOASKODSAKOKDFSOP#RANTDKSOAKDOASD

fuck this class

I secretly love MW changes

7+ Year Old Account
    2-min instant tranq, 45s cd 12s 50%DR Ironbark.
    fuck mw.
    fuck mw.
    fuck mw.
    fuck mw.

Deleted

FUCKING PURGE AND BINGE SYSTEMS I HATE FUCKING BINGE AND PURGE SYSTEMS WHY CANT WE JUST HAVE HEAVEN ALL THE TIME WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE LITERALLY TELL THEMSELVES THE PAIN IS NECESSARY FOR THE PLEASURE WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT LIE YOU CAN HAVE PLEASURE FOREVER YOU JUST TELL YOURSELVES OTHERWISE BECAUSE YOUR BEING FUCKING MANIPULATED AND IT FUCKING SUCKS ITS SUCH STUPID BULLSHIT CMON LOTTERY GIVE ME BIG MONEY IM TIRED OF BEING MANIPULATED AND USED IF IC OULD DO THE MANIPULATING AND USING ID BE SO MUCH HAPPIER THAT I WOULDN"T EVEN REALLY BOTHER ANYONE ID JUST STEP OUT AWAY FROM IT ALL ONTO MY OWN LAND WITH PLUMBING AND ELECTRICITY AND SHELTER I PAID FOR ONLY ONCE AND DON"T HAVE TO SIGN INTO LITERAL ENSLAVEMENT PAYMENTS FOR AND THEN PAY TH EPROPER PRICE BY GIVING BACK TO THE WORLD BY WRITING EROTIC FICTION BECAUSE THATS ALL IC AN DO AND I DONT DO IT VERY WELL YET BUT DAMMIT THE INFLATED PRICES OF HAVING TO PAY SOMEONE ELSES INTERESTS ARE SO RETARDED DAMMIT

man dis gud thread

Since vanilla, I never really stuck to one class. Every class was a different experience for me. In Vanilla, I was a hunter. In TBC, a rogue. In WotLK, A Death Knight. In Cataclycsm, a Druid, and finally, in MoP, a Monk.

The monk was the only time I stuck to a class for another expansion. I was a monk in WoD.

I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the monk class. Primarily because that class was a "love it or hate it" sort of class. People tend to be drawn to simplicity. I was quite the opposite.

I play WW and MW at pretty competitive levels. This explains why I come into these forums and ask questions; it's to seek knowledge and get better at my class. I loved the mobility, the complexity, and to a degree, the RNG.

But, sadly, my love grew bitter as time went on.

Let's talk about WW for a bit. We were taken on a nerf/buff rollercoaster since the launch of Highmaul. We are the kings of melee DPS. Blizzard said it was too much, and we got nerfed. And then nerfed again. And then nerfed for a third time. We were so under competitive (except for sustained cleave fights) that we were looked as burdens to PVP/PVE groups. And then we got buffed. And then nerfed. And then buffed again.

We had no static alignment to the game.

So my guild asked for me to real MW, because, and I quote, "We have no need for more than WW monk in the mythic group." So, I took it on the chin and said sure.

It's important to note here that for the most of MoP I was a MW, so I had a good idea on how to play my class. But then this stupid bull shit took its toll.

The 1.5 GCD makes me cringe to this very day. I still remember the days MW was very competitive due to instant casts (Remember instant uplift) and fast target switching (lol). Now, it's just...another heal with the ability to punch a boss for mana tea.

And then comes the new four set with its extend life where you can give a target 100k health IF you spam RM during your uplift cast. And of course, you can't be 100% on it all the time.

BUT NOT ALL HOPE WAS LOST.

I was waiting patiently for the class changes.

And I lol'd. We have no complexity anymore moving forward. And to be honest, there is nothing ground breaking there either. Even with the artificat weapons.

The second I saw what Demon Hunters have to offer, in terms of mobility and speed especially, I realized that this would be my new class moving forward.

We had a good run, monks. But you suck too hard to prove otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    There is no 110 talent row.
    What a joke.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Deleted
    v signature

Deleted
    Mistweaver stance change takes 1.5s and is unaffected by haste. Speed buff with low duration from Glyph of soothing mist can overwrite longer duration buff. I reported theese several times since WoD beta through twitter, in-game bug report and battlenet forums. It takes them longer to fix a bug than redesign the whole class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hundreds of new talents eh? Guess that went for the specs, our stuff looks almost the same with functionality changed to some because they either A) Removed it and made it into a talent or B) redesigned because they couldn't leave it as much when the new stuff came in. There doesn't seem like nearly enough to press to make the new Mastery work, like 2-3 buttons are missing if Tiger Palm is after every or every other spender.

I dislike the WW Artifact greatly. You would think Thunderaan - Thunderfury, Al'Akir + Tol'Vir smith = 2nd coming of Thunderfury. Nope. Not a single etch of lightning to be found. No wind seeping out of it. No wind engulfing the item. It's not living up to it's name or the Lore and it's very disheartening because I really adore the art team outside of this and WoD Monk* tier; there's more Wind and Lightning on other Artifacts than this one D: . I find them comparable to regular vendor weapons, the gray/white ones not the green, guess the race of Watcher's over Titanic stuff decided to go with really simple fists. There's a Celestial not being represented in the Monk Artifacts but I have no idea who.... Still thinking Shaman and Monks are backwards in the story and item. Strike of the Skylord is pretty lame. Reminds me of Raging Blow or Stormstrike or Mutilate. I'm not really sure when I'd ever want to use that, I'd rather break the Mastery then use it tbh. I like Li Li but it feels like the short end of the stick to put her on the WW artifact as if someone wanted to continue her story in some way and thought the best way would be through this.

Blizzard really needs to stop holding peoples hands on things. Storm Earth and Fire just needed some fine tuning, like Glyph of the Floating Butterfly working with the clones, instead of reducing into to herp-derp standards. If people can't use Blade Flurry, I'm sure they can't use the new SEF. Not a single thing from the Blizzcon thing about the spell talked about making it better, they just dumbed it down. If people want to play the spec but can't be bothered to learn or read the spells given, then they really don't want to play it because if they can learn to mindlessly press buttons on their other classes, then they can learn this. 50% Touch of Karma.

I hope I'm not the only one that sees Demon Hunter got a Afterlife equivalent but heals for a sh*t ton more.

Crackling Jade Lightning is a garbage spell and hasn't been used in talents or the Artifact system. So much potential.

A bit surprised Sparring hasn't showed up in the PvP talents, the sole ability to pin down ranged seems to be back.

Alright I'm good. Sorry Blizz.
    Last edited by Ryuutora; 2015-12-03 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Clarification

Deleted
    Haha, I just hope blizz will finally revamp the transmog system and let us transmog fist weapons into other (read - less ugly) one handers!!! Ever since the start of HFC I am wielding these stupid fist weapons and now I will be wielding them for the whole expansions? I want my staff back, I want my swords back, dammit!

Deleted
    Brewmasters seem to be losing the ability to dual wield

Why? Sure, our artifact is a staff but there is a life before and probably also after artifacts. Why take away options like this? It's pointless.

To me this symbolises what they appear to be doing to the entire class: gutting it

Deleted
    One more negative comment - why do Brewmasters have tiger palm? Mistweavers blackout kick and rising sun kick? If they are trying to differenciate spec from each other, why not renaming all abilities?
    Renaming Blackout Kick to Blackout Strike for Brewmasters was the right move, but they could rename all the abilities to make the specs feel completly different, it's not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    One more negative comment - why do Brewmasters have tiger palm? Mistweavers blackout kick and rising sun kick? If they are trying to differenciate spec from each other, why not renaming all abilities?
    Renaming Blackout Kick to Blackout Strike for Brewmasters was the right move, but they could rename all the abilities to make the specs feel completly different, it's not that hard.
    It's so they can use the same Spell ID for every damaging ability the Monk has >.>

So when they nerf RsK or BoK by 20% for WW Monks it applies to every spec or atleast MW and WW from what I've seen in WoD. lol