Leftover heroes from starter pack?

I bought a HoTS starter pack (because exclusive golden tiger mount) and wound up with a few extra heroes that I already owned. They're all on separate game code cards (those big cardboard ones they put into most of their game boxes), so I assume they're all separable.

Does anyone know if Blizzard's okay with me selling them? Or if not just giving them away to friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest dude, if they are codes on separate cards, I don't know if they would even really be able to track it if you sold them. You could try but I would say giving them t friends would likely be the better course.

Advertising them in game for real money is against the ToS. No penalty for Word of mouth. I suppose those are like gift cards after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea you can just sell them.
    G2A sells them seperately too.

Hmm, well to be honest they're only worth what $5 each so I might as well just give them away to friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hmm, well to be honest they're only worth what $5 each so I might as well just give them away to friends.
    Worth a couple of drinks or a burger or a large bundle of doritos if you just wanna barter it or bargain it someone one.

Edit: ok now i need doritos :S

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muis View Post
    Yea you can just sell them.
    G2A sells them seperately too.
    G2A is a scummy shitty site. Please don't mention them again.

About G2A, there was a very good article on Polygon on such sites (Feb 2015). It was a great read, with interesting comments. I learned a bit about the grey market. Also, I'd advise buyers to be wary.

What's wrong with G2A? I bought a number of games from them and they always worked and they almost always stick to their promised delivery dates in case of pre-orders and give compensation if they don't. I'd rather buy a game from G2A for a more reasonable price than get fucked in the ass by Blizzard or some other company (WOD was a perfect example, I pre-ordered it for like half the price Blizzard was asking and I got my key the day before release which was fine with me since I didn't need the useless 90 boost).

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    What's wrong with G2A? I bought a number of games from them and they always worked and they almost always stick to their promised delivery dates in case of pre-orders and give compensation if they don't. I'd rather buy a game from G2A for a more reasonable price than get fucked in the ass by Blizzard or some other company (WOD was a perfect example, I pre-ordered it for like half the price Blizzard was asking and I got my key the day before release which was fine with me since I didn't need the useless 90 boost).
    Keys have been revoked in the past since the source batch turned out to be stolen and the publisher cancelled the keys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Keys have been revoked in the past since the source batch turned out to be stolen and the publisher cancelled the keys.
    I'm shocked that this company which sells a product for a fraction of its original price even on release day doesn't acquire them legitimately.

There's been one instance I can recall where that happened, and those revoked keys were enabled again afterwards by Ubisoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I'm shocked that this company which sells a product for a fraction of its original price even on release day doesn't acquire them legitimately.
    In the majority of cases those keys are acquired legitimately. They get keys from sales and promotions and such and then resell them for more. A big amount also comes from countries where the prices are lower, which is the publisher's own fault for thinking gamers will just let them charge more money based on wherever you live when dealing with digital goods.

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    There's been one instance I can recall where that happened, and those revoked keys were enabled again afterwards by Ubisoft.
    Still doesn't change the fact that they were revoked for good reason in the first place.

Still doesn't change the fact that they were revoked for good reason in the first place.
    Ok so because there has been one instance where a select group of sellers used a fraudulent method to get some CD keys, which ended up getting revoked but then unrevoked not long after that, the whole site is suddenly no longer trustable?

With the amount of money you save by buying games there instead of directly from the publishers or retail, I'm willing to take the 1% chance my CD key ends up getting revoked.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be against the terms to sell them in-game but nothing to say you can't sell them in person to someone. I gave my spare cards to my spouse.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It would be against the terms to sell them in-game but nothing to say you can't sell them in person to someone. I gave my spare cards to my spouse.
    Yeah, I've seen people offering them as giveaways or trades on Heroesnexus several times as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just been giving them away here :P

Quote Originally Posted by Muis View Post
    I've just been giving them away here :P
    Any chance you still got Sonya or Zagara?

IMO with buying from a site like G2A, you pays your money and you takes your chances. There's a risk the keys will turn out to be stolen because the site can't exactly check that everything they get is legit.