Trinket question , please help!

Guys i come from a long WoW break and last night the new heirloom trinket dropped for me. Now ive searched on many sites and cant find the answear. Is the heirloom better than Forgemasters insignia HC, as ive heard the BoA was heavely nerfed.

Apologies if a thread like this was already created , couldnt find it.

Frost? Blood? Unholy?

you'd need RNG on Your side to get forgemasters to line up With BoS, iffy stuff when you rely on that one cooldown. But MS is golden for breath, if it does line up its good. but thats a big if. Then again the New uptime on the BoA aint all that glorious. There are Limited bosses that are demons but on those bosses the 10% would be good. Stats are Nice to have, lack of strength is a drawback.
    For frost the stats are better i Guess, Str/Mastery/Haste and crit for aoe and the MS from Forgemasters aint all that valued.

ill give the age old advice once passed down to me by a pissed off raidleader. Sim it!

thanks for the answear , im unholy at the moment

I also posted a thread about this the other day but people seem to say it's bad

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...irloom-trinket

yes its bad compared to hfc trinkets but how does it do against HC forgemasters insignia

Deleted
    It's not bad at all, the passive lacks a bit since it's only 3x 140 secondaries, but the STR proc up time tends to be higher than UeH at least on full mythic clear i did on Monday and you get the 10% dmg to demons. UeH/Vial and if the boss is demon drop Vial for the loom, Chorus might see use in a very few encounters, assault/Xhul.

well, considering Forgemasters has a knack for up to 20%ish uptime, a bad RNG element within the rampup (HC has a what, 137 per 0.5 sec?) meaning you dont get full benefit for the full duration. while the BoA has a more generous uptime of... 35-40% now give or take after the nerf. the duration of foregmasters is bad tho, 10sec With the first few Secconds somewhat weaker.

I'd probably go With the BoA myself. STR proc you'd benefit from all the time it procs even if you lose out on the 10% dmg and the statstick effect is a bonus.

not alot of parses With the BoA but the spellID is 201404, just do a search of the logs. you'll find 2 logs from when it released With 60-70% uptime and one after the nerf With 40%ish.
    In my opinion that looks better than the forgemasters (spellID 177096) which is somewhat underwhelming
    Last edited by Itzdusk; 2015-11-25 at 10:32 AM. Reason: what

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itzdusk View Post
    well, considering Forgemasters has a knack for up to 20%ish uptime, a bad RNG element within the rampup (HC has a what, 137 per 0.5 sec?) meaning you dont get full benefit for the full duration. while the BoA has a more generous uptime of... 35-40% now give or take after the nerf. the duration of foregmasters is bad tho, 10sec With the first few Secconds somewhat weaker.

I'd probably go With the BoA myself. STR proc you'd benefit from all the time it procs even if you lose out on the 10% dmg and the statstick effect is a bonus.

not alot of parses With the BoA but the spellID is 201404, just do a search of the logs. you'll find 2 logs from when it released With 60-70% uptime and one after the nerf With 40%ish.
    In my opinion that looks better than the forgemasters (spellID 177096) which is somewhat underwhelming
    So even after the nerd the BoA is still worth using on a demon encounter?? Few posters said it was garbage outside of LFR
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    So even after the nerd the BoA is still worth using on a demon encounter?? Few posters said it was garbage outside of LFR
    Trying to find a clear awnser to this aswell.. Since some say it's good and some say it's bad :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Trying to find a clear awnser to this aswell.. Since some say it's good and some say it's bad :/
    Me too. Just finally got it yesterday. Lot more say it's bad then good though... but 40% up time seems real nice if that's what it is post nerd

IF it is still worth using during mythic progression, what bosses?

Fel Lord Zack? Gorefiend soul duty? Mannoroth?

Love a flat cut and dry answer
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Me too. Just finally got it yesterday. Lot more say it's bad then good though... but 40% up time seems real nice if that's what it is post nerd

IF it is still worth using during mythic progression, what bosses?

Fel Lord Zack? Gorefiend soul duty? Mannoroth?

Love a flat cut and dry answer
    There aren't many people willing to awnser such stuff tho :/ Hopefully someone will come to save us