Mythic Tyrant Help - With Logs

Logs from our first night of progression, 22 pulls and we saw the beginning of p3 a couple of times:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/cLA2q3XbVDPfyNJB

All I can say is holy cow this fight is a witch to heal. I can't even imagine living in p3 with the movement damage aura + the low health pools + increased damage taken, it just seems nuts! Hoping for some great tips from you all to get us over the hump at the end of this boss. Here is our strat thus far, using 4 healers.

1) Range circles around in front of boss, leaving a pie slice open in the back for tanks to face add
    2) Poop two circles during tempest, move, poop two, move back. We are not using any big CDs during tempest, and have successfully burned in 2 tempests.
    3) P1, we focus boss cleave add. At ~75% we swap some dps to the add to burn it at around the same time the boss phases.
    4) P2 we focus boss while having 2 people watch interrupts on add. We use ring and hero after the 2nd add has dropped, for the bonus 2 target cleave damage. Is that correct or is there a better time?
    5) P3 we are planning on sacrificing that edict. For us, it ends up being the 4th edict and it happens right as p2 transitions to p3, or about right before.

Our biggest problem from what I can see (besides the learning curve deaths from bad tempest / bad moving / bad fonts), is the edicts. They get so nasty there at the end. We played around with a few different CD combinations, and here is what I have so far, please let me know if you have a better suggestion (we essentially have 1 of every class, with 2-3 hunters, 1-2 spriests, and 2 boomkins).

Edict 1: Devo, Rallying Cry, Revival (these are overkill, but they'll be back up for the p2-p3 transition to be used again, so why not?)
    Edict 2: Tranq + Healer Ring (this happens as we are transitioning into p2)
    Edict 3: Smoke Bomb, Disc Barrier, AMZ
    TRANSITION to p3 - Devo, Rallying Cry, VE, Tree, all personals
    First Gavel - Revival, 2nd VE
    Edict 4: Sacrifice
    Edict 5: Sacrifice

So, if you've made it through our current plan lol.... here are some questions.

1) The first edict lines up with an annihilating strike, and it always seems to hit 4 people since everyone is moving in to the purple circle to soak. Silly question but any tips for handling this annihilate and that mechanic in general? We have the target stand still and everyone else move away. But, for this, should we just have the target swivel to point at the open pie slice? (I'm worried the movement damage + strike damage = dead)

2) Any tips for boss/add pathing and how to not hate the fight as a melee/tank?

3) Need tips on best time to hero/ring, or confirmation that our current plan makes the most sense.

4) Does stampeding roar actually do anything? We didn't notice much of a difference. We had horribad rng where a person would get a new font right as they got edict, and moving from one stack point to another in time was stressful/impossible due to the slow.... also the slow of the edict made it hard for people to reach the lock portal to sacrifice themselves for edict 4.... is there any way to negate the slow? XD

5) We have been trying not to dispel the absorb off unless absolutely necessary, due to our priest being able to CoW. Just wondering if there were any other tips for handling this debuff especially late in the fight when health pools are so low.

That's it for now..... thank you for any help you can offer, this boss is crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    4) Does stampeding roar actually do anything? We didn't notice much of a difference. We had horribad rng where a person would get a new font right as they got edict, and moving from one stack point to another in time was stressful/impossible due to the slow.... also the slow of the edict made it hard for people to reach the lock portal to sacrifice themselves for edict 4.... is there any way to negate the slow? XD
    On average people have a moving speed of 110. This drops to 33 if you get the edict. Stampeding roar gives 60% increase speed, which means that during the edict you'll get to 52.8 speed which is still super slow (if roar even works that is), and a bit hard to notice.

On a few other points, I don't see why edict+font would cause any problems whatsoever. If it does it probably means that your 2 groups are too far apart? If memory serves me well Corrupted Blast has a splash zone of only 2 yards which means that the two groups can be fairly close together (say 10 yards apart) and the edict can move inbetween to make sure that the last tick hits everyone. Given that the first two ticks have quite a big radius there's enough time (9 full seconds) for whatever person to react and go to the middle.

As for the last phase, that's what you have to figure out for your raid. Plan your movement beforehand and make sure that by the time the edict is close, everyone is in range of the gateway, and ready to click it. Two important points on this: 1) people are typically overeager to save the raid, so you'll see people porting when they didn't get the edict - make sure you have a pretty blatant WA with a huge-ass icon that shows you that you have the edict, 2) it's important that people are in range of the gateway, but keep a respectful distance or else you'll often see the edict guy trying to click the portal and clicking a Tauren/Draenei instead (damn them).

For your other points: 1 Strike always aligns with the Edict. As far as I remember it always hits during inbetween the first and second tick of the edict so people should have the time to spread to the sides while still being in the edict. Also, don't forget that you can Guise/Invis the Strike. Good communication in that part will go a long way.

We always lusted/ringed at the same point as you do with no problems. For p3, you have to keep in mind that if your ring explodes while the add is still up, half the explosion is wasted on Tyrant's shield. That said, we still preferred to go with that, as we wanted to burn the add down.

Thanks for the tips Ad!

Yeah, that is what we were thinking was happening with roar, so kept using it despite still feeling slow as molasses XD.

Edict+font didn't cause any wipes, it was just more of a panic moment, especially if your debuff is falling OFF as you have edict and if you don't get outta that group you're going to get 1 shot. It was just an odd panic moment, but valid point that 2 yards should feasibly be escapable regardless of the slow on you (just a bit horrifying!). Our groups are stacked very close together p2 so that edict doesn't have to move to be soaked by everyone.

Thank you again for the response!