Now that 6.2 has been out for a while...

What would be the ranking you would give the different tank classes?

Since we are left with HFC basically for another 6 months at least, I wont to get into tanking again. Now that we have had plenty of time with the tanks and they most likely wont reserve many more changes until Legion, how about we go over where the tanks are at in comparison to each other. This would go over the usual stuff such as easiest to play decently, hardest to play perfectly, and so on. Furthermore, which tank class seems to be really powerful right now, and which seems to be falling behind a little.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Privs; 2015-11-26 at 07:00 AM.

Every tank has their place.

DKs are required for Mythic Xhul and Mannoroth (DPS or Tank). Having a tank fill one of those spots is helpful because UH/Frost aren't very good. Blood's DPS is pretty high for a tank.

Guardians are probably the overall strongest tanks. They're also the easiest to play correctly. Savage Roar is amazing utility.

Paladins do a lot of DPS and healing and have a bunch of cooldowns.

Monks can cheese a lot of mechanics and their DPS and survivability is pretty good. They're probably the hardest to play at an acceptable level, but it's not that hard.

Warriors take almost no physical damage, but magic damage trucks them. They lean on healers a lot. Their mobility is super high.

Play what you want. They're all viable and desired in specific situations. If I had to point you in a direction, it would be away from Warrior and towards Guardian or DK.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2015-11-26 at 02:36 AM.

I appreciate the feedback.

I was curious about starting out with guardian, mainly because I havent tanked in such a long time. Actually, tbh the last time I tanked was when frost dk tanking was a thing in wrath. Once they got rid of that I lost all joy in tanking.