Thread: WiFi3

WiFi3

Hello everyone,

I've been a long time reader (since BC) but this is my first post.

I was reading the thread on li-fi and came across a company named Edgewater Wireless which claims to have a WiFi3 chip that makes some pretty bold claims.

They're saying things such as WiFi3 beats 802.11ac Wave 2 (for example) though I do not know what the test parameters were.

I didn't really give them much credit but came across a website that posted a video from someone they are apparently licensing their tech to named Zinwave and Zinwave claims that they have the contract for all the communications hardware in Apple buildings moving forward. I can't post a link since this is my first post. However, if you google "zinwave stadia and arena asia pacific 2015" the video I'm talking about comes up.

Serious question: Are these guys (Edgewater) serious?

Can anyone explain to me how they're able to get better throughput (they claim) on previously released 802.11 protocols than 802.11 ac?

Full disclosure: I'd kind of like to buy a few shares of this company if Apple is using their tech but I really can't wrap my head around it.