Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    What does multiculturalism have to do with not being shitty to gay people?
    My response was purely towards the BET comment from Ol Scratch and has nothing to do with gay people. It was also highly metaphorical.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kinda the point ya know? You squeeze out the people you don't want until they either give in or go away.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Because if you want to open a business within a society you have to follow those societies rules whether you agree with them or not.
    I realize that. And Black Entertainment Television goes against those society's rules. But because it's black people being racist and exclusive of other races, it's apparently perfectly fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I know it's fashionable to be all passive about idiotic opinions but please, take a stand against this woman. Stupidity is almost as big a social blight as alcohol.
    At what point did I come across as passive? People are allowed to be stupid. They're also allowed to fail in life and everything else because of their stupidity. Telling people they can't be racist, homophobic, or, well, just generally stupid is no better than telling people they can't be homosexual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    This is kinda the point ya know? You squeeze out the people you don't want until they either give in or go away.
    Well, except it's only okay if you do it to people you don't like or who have opinions you don't like. That's pretty much what most Middle Eastern radicals are trying to do, yet they're quite clearly villains for doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is horrible news! where will the bigots shop now? why won't someone please think of the bigots!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Oh noes. The blacks can now do business in white shops.

Oh for fucks sake.

There are plenty of places for you to fucking shop. Do you think Walmart gives a fuck if you are a bigotted cunt? No, they want your fucking money. Do you think McDonalds turns its nose up at racists? No, they want your fucking money.

At worst, very small businesses will tell a visible skin head to fuck off. How can you be visibly anti gay? Wear a t shirt with a picture of a target reticule over the head of stephen fry?

Oh thats right, you aren't saying that the businesses are refusing you service. You're saying YOU are turning the businesses down.

And to answer the question of why you have no where to shop, it is because you are a dysfunctional less than human piece of less than shit. You do not fit in with Western Society and I'll be the first to tell you to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    I realize that. And Black Entertainment Television goes against those society's rules. But because it's black people being racist and exclusive of other races, it's apparently perfectly fine.

- - - Updated - - -

At what point did I come across as passive? People are allowed to be stupid. They're also allowed to fail in life and everything else because of their stupidity. Telling people they can't be racist, homophobic, or, well, just generally stupid is no better than telling people they can't be homosexual.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, except it's only okay if you do it to people you don't like or who have opinions you don't like. That's pretty much what most Middle Eastern radicals are trying to do, yet they're quite clearly villains for doing so.
    I view BET like any other ethnic channel. Its no different form spanish language channels, Korean channels, Japanese channels, ect. Hell, sometimes on public television you get white supremacists!

I think the difference is, tv studios arent technically open to the public, so they can create their own shows with whatever standards they want.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

How is BET exclusionary of other races? They let white people watch it you know. Is it because it has black in the name? Does that frighten you and keep you from watching it or something? Check it out sometime, they do Martin reruns.

EDIT: oh god can't believe I didn't bother read the second part of that before I responded. No difference between telling someone not to be racist and not to be gay? Ugh. Nvm, don't watch BET.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jeeze, the language in that article is so venomous that I could literally hear the writer's naggingly self-righteous voice rattling in my skull.

I mean, sure, you can disagree with a lifestyle for any number of reasons. And, yeah, you also reserve the right to disagree (Sometimes loudly) with how a business conducts itself. But, the same rights that allow you to voice your opinions also allow others to voice their opposition to them.

So no, Miss Harvey, those companies are not 'Un-American' because they don't denounce an entire group of people. You're the one being Un-American - And, to risk derailment, very un-christian - because you're demanding that your own spiritual views take precedent over everyone else's. I'm sorry that you feel like there's no where left for you to buy your Christmas gifts, but the irony of your hate getting in the way of you celebrating a holiday about unity and caring for each other is too sweet for me to feel any real sympathy towards your plight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SemperIvXx View Post
    How is BET exclusionary of other races? They let white people watch it you know. Is it because it has black in the name? Does that frighten you and keep you from watching it or something? Check it out sometime, they do Martin reruns.
    So if someone started up a White Entertainment Television channel, that's be totally fine, huh?

And yes, telling people that they can't have their own opinions, beliefs, or preferences is a bad thing, no matter what they are. The lady in the original article, assuming it's even true, isn't hurting a single person by depriving herself of shopping options for being a stupid, bigotted cunt. But she has every right in the world to do that. She's not violating any laws, and she's not hurting anyone but herself (and then only by depriving herself of shopping options and painting herself as an aforementioned stupid, biggoted cunt to the world). Only other genuine bigots -- feel free to look up the word before replying, I highly encourage it -- like yourself believe otherwise.

In other words, all I hear from people like you are: "Whaa, only what *I* believe is acceptable! Anyone who disagrees is stupid and should die in a car fire! Oh, and they shouldn't watch BET either, because that totally makes sense to me! Whaaa!"

(As an aside, in reference to your pointless questions, BET regularly shows episodes of the Jeffersons which is chock full of anti-white racism.)

So if someone started up a White Entertainment Television channel, that's be totally fine, huh?

And yes, telling people that they can't have their own opinions, beliefs, or preferences is a bad thing, no matter what they are. The lady in the original article, assuming it's even true, isn't hurting a single person by depriving herself of shopping options for being a stupid, bigotted cunt. But she has every right in the world to do that. She's not violating any laws, and she's not hurting anyone but herself (and then only by depriving herself of shopping options and painting herself as an aforementioned stupid, biggoted cunt to the world). Only other genuine bigots -- feel free to look up the word before replying, I highly encourage it -- like yourself believe otherwise.

In other words, all I hear from people like you are: "Whaa, only what *I* believe is acceptable! Anyone who disagrees is stupid and should die in a car fire! Oh, and they shouldn't watch BET either, because that totally makes sense to me! Whaaa!"

(As an aside, in reference to your pointless questions, BET regularly shows episodes of the Jeffersons which is chock full of anti-white racism.)
    There may not be any channels named WET, but that's because they implicitly operate as that for 99% of the channels.

Let's be honest, Black Entertainment Television would not even exist if most channels weren't overwhelmingly made up of white, straight people. The proportions are out of wack. I'm not saying a 50/50 balance, just something remotely representative of the diversity in our lives.

And I'm not speaking of just racial or sexual orientation angles. I'm talking body types and ages, how many women in leading roles do you see over the age of 30? How many of those are not white?

In action movies, how many women are actually built as if they were fighters like Ronda Rousey? Why are all the women in action movies fashion models from LA in build? Skinny and perfectly styled hair.

Our society has tons of older adults, yet TV is overwhelmingly young. And why are a few numbers of cities overwhelmingly represented? Why is it that in any historical drama, it's mostly Western Europe? There's ton of fascinating history and empires that didn't have to do with Vikings, Saxons, Normands, or Romans. Yet it's all we see on TV.

That's why BET exists, because people get fed up of not seeing themselves at all in media, so they have to start their own ghettoized channels where they stand a chance to see someone that looks like them. It's that ridiculous.

Same with Gay Games/sports leagues/rodeos. Gay people have been run out historically out of bars and harassed out of sports leagues, in the case of Gay Olympics they got sued for using Olympics while the Olympics committee had no issue with Special Olympics (guess why they so quickly sued gays out of using an alternate league? Perception of taint on brand).

People don't start exclusive channels/groups for shits and giggles, it's their last resort in a society that marginalizes them.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2015-11-26 at 06:27 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    There may not be any channels named WET, but that's because they implicitly operate as that for 99% of the channels.
    Then there shouldn't be any problems with a WET channel. If it's already the status quo, nothing gained nothing lost by such a channel existing. Amirite or amirite?

Let's be honest, Black Entertainment Television would not even exist if most channels weren't overwhelmingly made up of white, straight people. The proportions are out of wack. I'm not saying a 50/50 balance, just something remotely representative of the diversity in our lives.
    As I stated elsewhere, the main reason there isn't more "diverse" programming out there is because no one's actually making more "diverse" programming. Want to see more shows about different skin colors, sexual preferences, or belief systems? Then go out and actually make them, and make them good rather than relying solely on their different skin colors, sexual preferences, or belief systems to get the job done.

There's this weird belief that it's somehow a massive consipiracy of straight white people strumming their fingertips together in an organized effort to keep the rest of the world down and out. It's utter bullshit. The reason the US doesn't have any lesbian Cherokee Buddhists running for president? Because there are no lesbian Cherokee Buddhists who've been willing to put in the effort to run for it. There's no laws stopping them. There's no cabal of straight white Illuminati plotting and scheming to take out any potential lesbian Cherokee Buddhists. It's just that all of the lesbian Cherokee Buddhists either lack the will or have some delusional belief that even trying will fail from the start, so... hey, why bother trying at all?

In other words, the reason there's so many television shows predominately featuring straight white characters is because there are so many shows predominately featuring straight white characters being made.

People don't start exclusive channels/groups for shits and giggles, it's their last resort in a society that marginalizes them.
    Yeah, society marginalizes them in this day and age.

Out of curiosity, how many shows has BET produced that was as good and well-received or popular as, say, the Walking Dead or Game of Thrones (and ignore that both of them are relatively diverse shows, at least as much as they can be in GoT's case)? Hell, you can even scale the popularity to the percentage of black-skinned individuals in the country if you like. Hell, you can even scale the popularity to the percentage of black-skinned individuals and the number of homes that have BET if you like. (Hint: The answer is "probably not many, if at all." And whose fault would that be again? Straight whites? Society? Or the lack of them actually making anything of equal quality? Hint #2: It's the latter.)
    Last edited by Ol Scratch; 2015-11-26 at 06:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    if there was a wet channel i'm not sure i would be thinking of the same channel you guys are thinking of...just saying.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Hell, I'd rather have some ISIS living next door, than some US Christian nutcases.
    Paris thought this way too...

Really though im not sure why this thread exists. Its one sad women what is accomplished by mocking her? She has no power isn't running for office or committing any crimes what exactly is the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is largely discussing both sexuality and religion, both of which are disallowed topics on MMO-C, and the OP isn't exactly important news that might merit some leniency in this regard.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |