Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    If that were remotely true, other countries would be falling in-line to what the US, or other western powers want to see happen and we'd live in a world of harmony. Do you really believe if Japan does something in their best interest, which is not in our interest, that their citizens really care? Cut/paste country in.
    Where did I say 'having a positive image gives us total control over every other country'?

No. It's a long term benefit; a more positive image more readily permits economic and cultural influence and makes other countries more amenable to discussion and negotiation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Exactly how do you expect him to resolve issues in a politic fashion when he clearly cannot control his mouth? Tact isn't just about not hurting people's feelings, it's about making them comfortable with you and more amenable to compromise and negotiation.

Please do elaborate how a man who blatantly implies that Mexican immigrants are murderers and rapists presents a positive image for this country.
    Trump didn't imply, he specifically stated that a lot of the Mexican Immigrants do indeed rape and murder American citizens. This can be shown by a simple google search, both in what he actually said, and the data which back up what he said.

In short, his opinion is we have no control of who is coming to America, we need better ways to minimize the flow of illegal Mexican immigrants, because too often the people coming aren't very good people and they resort to crime, such as rape and murder.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said or his opinion on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Trump didn't imply, he specifically stated that a lot of the Mexican Immigrants do indeed rape and murder American citizens. This can be shown by a simple google search, both in what he actually said, and the data which back up what he said.
    You mean this data?

In short, his opinion is state we have no control of who is coming to America, we need better ways to minimize the flow of illegal Mexican immigrants, because too often the people coming aren't very good people and they resort to crime, such as rape and murder.
    'Too often' is a fairly amusing claim since it's at a vastly lower rate than native born offenders and a small percentage of the total number of immigrants.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what he said or his opinion on the matter.
    Except the fact where he's, you know, wrong. And ignoring history since there was really no issue when the US had an open border with Mexico.

There's also the simple fact that he's not saying it in a particularly tactful fashion. Rather than saying 'I believe we need to ensure that those coming to the United States make a positive contribution to our society', it's 'Mexicans don't care about the US, aren't sending us their best, blah blah'.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Data on immigrants and crime are incomplete

Try again bro.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Special candidates attracts people with special needs, I mean special people.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

In short, his opinion is we have no control of who is coming to America, we need better ways to minimize the flow of illegal Mexican immigrants, because too often the people coming aren't very good people and they resort to crime, such as rape and murder.

Why is it whenever something can be proved "with a simple google search" it never actually is proven but only asserted without evidence with the expectation the person not making the statement will look it up?

I never understood that, it's like the point that "a lot" (a completely vague subjective term) of Mexican immigrants rape American citizens can't be proven with a simple Google search but if they believe it hard enough it's true. If it were so easy to prove, why not just do it?

Where did I say 'having a positive image gives us total control over every other country'?

No. It's a long term benefit; a more positive image more readily permits economic and cultural influence and makes other countries more amenable to discussion and negotiation.
    Right, but since I originally mentioned citizenry not really caring (overall) what choices another country makes. That still holds true, regardless of what you're saying. The citizenry commands very little power and exercises a mass dose of apathy. As you know, world leaders don't routinely follow through with their electorate. We vote hoping/believing they'll do what they say they will in our interests.

Say that I don't quite like Chancellor Merkel. She gets elected again, German leaders say/do a bunch of stuff that has no tangible effect on me or anyone else here in the US. At the end of the day, do I care?

Quite the same for say maybe the average Chinese person when they hear of Trump wanting to allow self-deportation of illegals. They may consider it and give a fleeting thought to it. At the end of the day, do they care?
    Last edited by evogsr; 2015-11-26 at 08:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

The data to back it up? What data? There is no data. Only data showing that illegal immigrants are no less likely than any other ethnicity to commit crimes. If that's a lot, then "a lot" of African Americans, Caucasians, Latin Americans, etcetera, kill American citizens. Playing a rate that's almost equal to all other ethnic groups as is just playing with English words?

A "simple google search" would have shown that. So try it sometime since you recommend it to everyone.

His opinion does not equal facts and neither does yours. Opinions ARE NOT facts. Surprise. In a make believe land you can make believe anything you want to but that doesn't make it real.

No, he just lied again, nothing wrong with that we're used to that scum lying by now.

Try again bro.....
    You left out part of the quote bro :"Data on immigrants and crime are incomplete, but a range of studies show there is no evidence immigrants commit more crimes than native-born Americans."

So if you have some evidence from your simple Google search that contradicts the range of studies showing no evidence immigrants commit more crimes than go head and link that right up why don't ya?

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ic...rvey-target-id

Of the 862 alien sex offenders deported by the Texas-based offices, about 27 percent were convicted of sex offenses against children.

ICE’s four Texas field offices are located in Dallas, El Paso, Houston and San Antonio. The Dallas area of responsibility includes 128 counties in north Texas, and the state of Oklahoma. Dallas ERO deported 171 sex offenders so far in fiscal year 2014; 47 were convicted of sex offenses against a minor. In all of fiscal year 2013, the office deported 463 sex offenders; 154 were convicted of sex offenses against a minor. In 2013, all four Texas offices deported 2,124 sex offenders; 508 were convicted of sex offenses against a minor. In fiscal year 2012, Texas ERO offices deported 2,007 sex offenders, and 2,127 in 2011.

If that were remotely true, other countries would be falling in-line to what the US, or other western powers want to see happen and we'd live in a world of harmony.
    You think the US has a positive image among those nations? Lol that's cute. It barely has one with other Western nations. Shit like Trump being anything more than a joke isn't helping.

10+ Year Old Account

Try again bro.....
    Try reading the entire thing rather than cherry picking quotes.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/ic...rvey-target-id

Of the 862 alien sex offenders deported by the Texas-based offices, about 27 percent were convicted of sex offenses against children.
    Couldn't possibly be due to the fact that being reported for a crime makes it easier for the federales to suss out your immigrant status.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperIvXx View Post
    You left out part of the quote bro :"Data on immigrants and crime are incomplete, but a range of studies show there is no evidence immigrants commit more crimes than native-born Americans."

So if you have some evidence from your simple Google search that contradicts the range of studies showing no evidence immigrants commit more crimes than go head and link that right up why don't ya?
    Well one, they're criminal by proxy. Illegal immigrants (regardless of where they came from) are that. They haven't immigrated legally. That is still a crime.

There is a hefty portion of them that are not here on a visa of any kind. No authorization or documentation specifically stating that they can be here.

I do happen to live in a border state. Only 10 states offer driver's licenses to illegal immigrants. Mine does not. So not only can they not drive, but they also can't purchase car insurance. Yet, auto accidents with illegal immigrants is a persistent problem.

You can argue that maybe the state law here should change, I'd disagree but regardless of that and until it does, multiple misdemeanors are being crossed. Hit and runs are exceedingly high, for obvious reason, which are actually felonies (without license/insurance).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    You think the US has a positive image among those nations? Lol that's cute. It barely has one with other Western nations. Shit like Trump being anything more than a joke isn't helping.
    Care to read where I said that? Also care to read where I care what another country thinks of the US? I'd be hard pressed to find someone from Sweden who'd care what I thought of Sweden.

Over your head, I know.
    Last edited by evogsr; 2015-11-26 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    I don't understand why you think Trump's isn't mocking his specific disability. Trump has no precedent of using this motion in regards to calling people stupid. That even seems to be one of his favorite pastime activities in fact. I suppose when he insulted Krauthammer for not being able to purchase pants, he had no way of knowing he was physically disabled from the waist down. To be a sharp business "tycoon" and media darling he sure doesn't know anything about any of the reporters that he's had to deal with and cry about for the past 30 years.
    Perhaps Trump is making that movement to mock retarded people like you said. But the reporter isn't retarded, he's handicapped.

And no one thinks Trump is a sharp business tycoon. The guy is a loony as you can tell from his campaign trail. Personally I think him even knowing which random reporters out there, targeting him, and memorizing a personal detail about them is giving the man to much credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well one, they're criminal by proxy. Illegal immigrants (regardless of where they came from) are that. They haven't immigrated legally. That is still a crime.
    Your point being what?

Your point being what?
    That the law of the land is being broken? How do you even need clarification on this.

10+ Year Old Account
    That the law of the land is being broken? How do you even need clarification on this.
    It's a cop out just so you can say "Well technically 100% of illegal immigrants are criminals har har".

But then again you are the person that thinks you have the human race figured out so I'm sure this epiphany of yours was really groundbreaking in your world.

Care to read where I said that?
    It's a prerequisite for your assertion. Here it is again since you seemed to have somehow missed your own post;
    If that were remotely true, other countries would be falling in-line to what the US, or other western powers want to see happen and we'd live in a world of harmony.
    It implies the necessary positive image has already been attained and that the lack of obedience from other nations disproves the point that positive relations and image are beneficial to a nation. Although I guess it was...
    Over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    It's a cop out just so you can say "Well technically 100% of illegal immigrants are criminals har har".
    Except that's exactly what it's not.

You wouldn't be saying the same thing if it were say, a gun.

I'm still waiting for you to find me that perfect human, you know, one who's never lied or demeaned someone based on any unchangeable feature. Oh wait, that must be you!

Gtfo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    It's a prerequisite for your assertion. Here it is again since you seemed to have somehow missed your own post;

It implies the necessary positive image has already been attained and that the lack of obedience from other nations disproves the point that positive relations and image are beneficial to a nation. Although I guess it was...
    Examples and stuff.

Over your head.
    Last edited by evogsr; 2015-11-26 at 08:27 AM.

Examples and stuff.
    Examples with no basis in reality or apparently any relation to what was said? Wow you sure understand this whole 'debating' thing don't you.