Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Soon we will all know where Sargeras went when he went AWOL in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    My thoughts:

- 1 or 2 more expansions. Probably just 1 should be fine. More is overkill until Diablo 4.

- Story should wrap up the follower and artisan storylines (yes, remember those?) as well as go into Leah's fate.

- I don't have a clue who the bad guy should be other than it shouldn't be Diablo. I could see other lesser or Prime evils being the main villain. Or maybe Pandemonium stuff (Lilith, etc.).

- Heaven should get a finish to the story, possibly with Imperius being an end-expansion boss (we all know he has to go at this point one way or another) and maybe a resolution for Tyrael.

- Diablo shouldn't come back for the remainder of D3, but of course he needs to be the villain for Diablo 4 vanilla, which means the storyline while being a conclusion should also set up (not obviously) a way for Diablo to come back again (as mentioned, "Diablo will return..., in your heart of hearts, you know this."). It shouldn't be a stupid obvious and shitty cliffhanger like Pandaria-to-Warlords was. We all knew due to the actions of RoS that he's back out there somewhere so he'll come back somehow, but there shouldn't be a spoiler.
    there isnt going to be diablo 4 or wow 2 dont people understand what BATTLE.NET app is ffs

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    - Story should wrap up the follower and artisan storylines (yes, remember those?) as well as go into Leah's fate.
    Maybe I missed it, but I am 90% sure that the follower storylines WERE wrapped up, to a large extent.
    - Kormac essentially purged his order, and is now the new Grand Martial or whatever. His storyline is pretty much done.
    - Eirena recovered all her lost memories, put the spirits of her sisters to rest, and disccovered that the figure that guided her and her sisters is an angel, who is now dead. Case closed, remainder of her life is now hers to guide.
    - Lyndon is the only one who might have a story line you could still continue, since he still has to avenge his brother's murder, i think.

The only Artisan with a story to follow is the Jewl Crafter, as the Enchanter never really had one, and the smith you pretty much wrap up when you find him an apprentice to look after, thereby giving him greater purpose to his mostly aimless life at that point.

Also, as far as i was aware, Leah's fate was prety clearly spelled out. Diablo manifesting as the Prime Evil using her as the vessel essentilly obliterated her moral "soul". To the best of my knowledge, she is utterly lost / unrecoverable, which is one of the reasons the Nephalim was so goddamned pissed and hellbent on making diablo pay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DoflamingoGT View Post
    there isnt going to be diablo 4 or wow 2 dont people understand what BATTLE.NET app is ffs
    Umm, its a launcher tool to launch their games? And there most certainly will be a Diablo 4, and quite possibly a WoW 2 if they ever decide the old one simply cant be upgraded overtop of any more.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2015-12-11 at 10:19 AM.

"Also, as far as i was aware, Leah's fate was prety clearly spelled out. Diablo manifesting as the Prime Evil using her as the vessel essentilly obliterated her moral "soul". To the best of my knowledge, she is utterly lost / unrecoverable, which is one of the reasons the Nephalim was so goddamned pissed and hellbent on making diablo pay."

That's assuming the Nephalim are 100% correct in their understanding of how this works... which we've seen time and time again is patently false.

how do you guys think the graphics system will be in d4

Infracted. No need for pointless posts.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2015-12-15 at 10:30 AM.

The intelligence and elegance of the original video game story was that it was simple. A demon was buried under the church. Go down into the catacombs and destroy its risen form and all demons it brought with it.

Its ok to develop a greater mythology beyond that, but a HUGE problem is power creep. By the time we get to Diablo 3, our heroes are standing at the center of heaven. That quite a leap from that church. It also makes it really difficult to develop the story further because you can't go bigger without getting silly.

The story needs to get small again. A simple story of terror in a town or something. But that's probably really difficult at this point.

The current plot for the series seems to be:

D1: The demon and the church
    D2: Killing the prime evils across the planet
    D3: Going to heaven and killing demons and saving the angels
    D4: How can you go bigger? Alternate realities? Meta universe entities? Yikes... Horrible writing choices.

I would have done something like:

D2: Killing lesser demons across the planet that are weak but a threat
    D3: One major demon breaks through at about full power and you are defending one city.
    D4: A whole bunch of major demons break into the world at once.
    D5: The heroes get sucked into Hell and have to escape.
    D6: An offensive against Hell itself. Fails.

I've still got heaven on the table and I've done 6 games.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2015-12-27 at 03:59 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I would have done something like:

D3: One major demon breaks through at about full power and you are defending one city.

And who would've bought those games?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    And who would've bought those games?
    the same people who actually bought Diablo 3 ?

7+ Year Old Account

This is personally quite the pet peeve, it's completely insane to expect the designers of a gamer to plan 6 games ahead of time. Instead you should focus on making the current game the best game while still honoring the spirit of the earlier ones. That means Diablo and the evils should be gone, flat out gone never to come back. That means future Diablo games/expansions should deal with the consequences of that, do the angels try and destroy evil completely to end the eternal conflict? Does the like of Imperious turn on mankind? Do dark Nephalems take up their role as the new masters of hell? Does Lilith attempt to free Inarius? etc.

hope we do see lilith and inarius some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    This is personally quite the pet peeve, it's completely insane to expect the designers of a gamer to plan 6 games ahead of time. Instead you should focus on making the current game the best game while still honoring the spirit of the earlier ones. That means Diablo and the evils should be gone, flat out gone never to come back. That means future Diablo games/expansions should deal with the consequences of that, do the angels try and destroy evil completely to end the eternal conflict? Does the like of Imperious turn on mankind? Do dark Nephalems take up their role as the new masters of hell? Does Lilith attempt to free Inarius? etc.
    I didn't say they should plan 6 games ahead of time. I'm saying the story gets silly if we are basically conquering heaven by the end of D3. They need to take it slow.

How is Lilith and Inarius really interesting at this point in the story when we conquered heaven?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    Soon we will all know where Sargeras went when he went AWOL in WoW.
    Lol, he jumped into Sanctuary to expand his army. Inc Diablo meets Azeroth

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    the same people who actually bought Diablo 3 ?
    You're sure? Diablo, Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 all had, well, Diablo in them. This guy is suggesting "Diablo" games without Diablo.

Soo, basically, the next Diablo would be known as...

The Game Formerly Known As Diablo, part 4: Some Random Lore-relevant Shit Happens

Deleted
    I didn't say they should plan 6 games ahead of time. I'm saying the story gets silly if we are basically conquering heaven by the end of D3. They need to take it slow.

How is Lilith and Inarius really interesting at this point in the story when we conquered heaven?
    How exactly is that a problem? We arn't even playing the same character throughout d1-d3

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I do agree that D3 seemed a little over the top. You weren't even just a "powerful guy", you're basically presented as the God of Sanctuary.
    Which is basically who we are.

First Nephalem were demigods - having powers from both heaven and hell and for this they were literally over the top from day 1. The story is basically how our heroes just awaken these powers into themselves.

Yeah, story in the Diablo franchise has never been one of the strong points and i agree that the power creep into lore is quite fast with the last game. Still, we're literally descendants of a demon and an angel and i didn't expect any different.

For the records: heroes of D1 were all "normal" humans and they all died in D2 (you kill the ranger in act1, the wizard in act2 and the warrior, well, it's Leoric second son and the Lone Wanderer). We don't have a lot of infpo about D2 heroes (D3 barb should have been the same that was in D2 but then the idea was scrapped, though i would like more clarity).

In D3 our heroes are true Nephalems - yes thing just kinda exploded but the power scale is not a completely different level lore-wise.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

We will never get a new expansion to Diablo 3 FeelsBadMan....

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    We will never get a new expansion to Diablo 3 FeelsBadMan....
    Blizzard are experts at bringing the 'dead' guys back.

Don't worry, I'm sure Diablo will have left an armpit hair or toenail clipping lying around somewhere on his travels, from which he will resurrect.

7+ Year Old Account
    Diablo is alive, it's confirmed.

My predictions about the second expansion - announcement at Gamescom, release around 20th anniversary of Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    I doubt Blizzard would be able to write a satisfying ending to Diablo 3.
    They can't write a satisfying story, period.

We'll probably pick up on Diablo's trails by finding all his goddamn diaries he leaves behind.
    Last edited by Jahaga; 2016-01-03 at 02:37 AM.