2v2 advice for 2400ish FDK and 3k Resto Druid returning from Cataclysm

So me and an old buddy decided to queue 2v2 and get our 2k gear (or rather, just me since I want the belt for my transmog), but it's a hell of a lot different now and we're faring pretty poorly or mediocre even against the worst backpeddling of teams. So just looking for strategies now compared to Cataclysm.

Note: this is ONLY for healer dps vs healer dps. We never lose vs double deeps.

When we played in Cataclysm, all I would do was ape the healer with Necrotic Strikes and Icy Touch and win through sheer perseverance. Nowdays, tunneling the healer without Necrotics doesn't go so well if at all. Sometimes I can win like before, most of the time I get blown up by their DPS riding my ass the entire time. Most success I have found is actually attacking their DPS as hard as I can, and through dedication, their healer runs out of mana and dampening is too high, then I either continue cutting up the DPS or make a switch to their healer. Still, this doesn't ALWAYS work out.

We're at 1550 - 1600 CR respectively now. What should we honestly be doing?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of hard switching and playing the dampening game.

Some comps you will just need to wait until late in the game to score a kill.

And of course make sure you have a kick ready during you burst but based on your rating I'm sure you know that. There's not much advice I can give if you are truly 2.4k+

Just give it time and you'll learn the meta.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2015-11-29 at 05:42 AM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Its tough for healers to keep up with FDK damage in dampening especially with the recent buffs. Maintain your pressure and eventually they wont be able to handle your dps. There are other comps out there that are a bit stronger than you unfortunately but by much, you're definitely in a better spot than ret paladin/healer will ever be atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree with Orangetai. You just gotta keep playing and you'll learn the meta, if you really are as experienced as you claim. Don't try to outsmart people with tactics in 2s, just focus on doing pure damage. Sadly that's how it works now. It's all about who does most damage so the enemy healer can't keep up in dampening before your healer can't do anything anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Have to agree with Orangetai. You just gotta keep playing and you'll learn the meta, if you really are as experienced as you claim. Don't try to outsmart people with tactics in 2s, just focus on doing pure damage. Sadly that's how it works now. It's all about who does most damage so the enemy healer can't keep up in dampening before your healer can't do anything anymore.
    Pretty much this + be properly geared.. It's not cata anymore.

Actually if you're 2400 do and losing to 1500 teams it's almost 100% gear and rust.