Thread: BG Damage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    And those 2 other DPS will mess you up before the aoe matters. You want to win, you get as many people as possible to just go ham on the EFC and watch him buckle.
    "When you have to deal with a beast, you have to treat him as a beast."

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I don't get this attitude.

Sometimes damage is extremely important. Is that enemy flag carrier going to die of old age? Is he going to get bored and drop the flag?

If I'm in a flag room with 5 enemies, 2 of which are healers and then a flag carrier I'm not going to tunnel the nuts off the flag carrier, I'm going to cc (or since its randoms) I'm going to spread so much pressure that they can't keep up in raw output and have to start making triage choices. Damage can matter.

I do agree its only part of the equation of winning a BG but I'm tried of fucking idiots in BG's doing 300k total damage headbutting a wall of enemies as "they try to follow an objective" Sometimes the best way to the objective is lining the path with corpses and for that, damage matters.
    Did you read what I said? I guess you didn't.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

7+ Year Old Account
    A place far far away - mothers basement/Australia
    I hear destro with charred remains is op with kb/damage, someone mentioned it earlier mhm
    A friend of mine was telling me to return to wow and to play warlock again with him in rbgs, goes having 3 warlocks in rbgs is just too op if they are allowed to free cast its rip

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK is probably the most consistent. Any multi-dot class will be able to top. Heck, I even topped SotA with my ret pally a couple days ago--with like 4 times the damage of the next person. So any class "can" do it.

People really just don't care about top damage in BGs anymore. They hardly even care about BGs at all honestly, since Ashran is much better for honor/conquest.

I've topped it several times today alone as a Gladiator.

It can be done by any class.
    Last edited by Dald; 2015-12-09 at 04:08 AM.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    Anything with high AoE Damage and getting into big teamfights..... AND staying alive with a good healer. Those combined works for topping damage. Talking out of experience #MOONKIN

depends on the bg and amount of players you can hit but in general the top dmg classes are dk(necrotic plague), shadow(cascade), moonkin(starfall) and in some situations enhancer(fire nova)

if you want to get most kills and high dmg I would say lone wolf mm hunter is pretty good, chimaera and kill shot hit for absurd amounts, destro wls also up there but I don´t play one myself

BG damage tier list for solo pugging I would roughly put it like this:

HIGH: SP moonkin affliction
    MID: DK mage hunter destro warrior
    LOW: rogue feral enhance ele ret monk

In organized situations, or with a healer, most melee can move up a tier (especially enhancement), but in random solo bgs melee can get into bad situations too easily, and while they're still good random bg classes in general (especially rogue), dying puts a complete stop on your damage output and thus your place on the meters. Also of note, even the low tier can occasionally have good games where everything goes their way and they dominate the damage done, but it's just not as common as the others.

SP is the most consistent damage topper for sure, mainly because your shit is ALL instant cast with a 40 yard range and cascade bounces 5000 times.

edit: and to those arguing about damage not mattering, it does matter. It's not the sole determinant of a game by any means but it IS important.
    Last edited by solarfallz; 2015-12-12 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Tbh I'd suggest a class that has utility over damage. My paladin has great burst. Not very fun in BG's if I get trained by the enemy team though.

10+ Year Old Account
    if u put that dmg done were it matters
    This, but only this. Damage is only then relevant when its your major or assigned role AND you know into which target and why your pumping that damage into. Just spammimg AoE is Fun, no question, but in 9 out of 10 Fights its pointless.

Take the Damage Done Charts always with a grain of Salt. Like that Hunter who did Zero Damage, no Killing Blows but in reality Killed 20 Guys who tried to tap Lumber Mill or that undergeared Rogue who appeared only when a enemy Healer got low and then he stunned him to garantee someone else a killing blow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    MID: DK mage hunter destro warrior

It depends on the spec. e.g. fire mage does massive damage though its utility isn't that impressive, apart from the fact it can run around a lot. Frost does low damage but can jump around and cc a lot. Arcane does mid-to-high damage but it's more meticulous to play.

If you just wanna be on top of the damage done list, go shadow priest. If played properly you can easily be millions ahead of everyone else.