Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Alonsus Phaol was a Priest that created the Paladin Order and did a lot during the First and Second Wars. If I remember he didn't died from the Scourge but during the First two wars. Ressurecting him via necromancy against his will and turning him into Forsaken? I don't know. I think this is too much in my opinion. He as important as Uther the Lightbringer. Sylvannas must seriously learn that enough is enough and that as Garrosh said eventually all will meet their judgement.
    He is much more importand than Uther, just not as visibly badass and thus fell to the wayside (I was really miffed when they replaced his monument in front of the cathedral of Stormwind with Uther - I suspect is was because they were too lazy to make a new design of it when they recreated Stormwind for Cata).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    What exactly has she done? Again, Faol is the BISHOP OF SECRETS. The guy is pretty high-ranking. You don't mind-control someone and put them in charge. He earned that trust, somehow, meaning for whatever reason he serves Sylvanas loyally of his own free will.
    Put him in charge?
    He was THE BISHOP before he died, maybe he was The Bishop of Secrets, too, who knows what titles he might have held?
    And why wouldn't you put some mind-controlled pupet in charge of your other underlings? Much less chance of them revolting that way.

You have yet to make a belivable argument why he - for one - serves Sylvanas at all,- secondly - that he does it loyally, and - thirdly - that is is of his own free will.
    All of those are just assumptions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Necromancy is a storytelling tool of great potential, and equally great danger.

Personally, I find they are using it fairly reasonably so far. I mean sure, some dead guys came back, but compared to what they COULD have done considering an entire race is made up of raised dead... Logically, if you were Sylvanas, tell me you WOULDN'T go straight to raising the most powerful people you know. That just makes sense.

All that being said, I also would like to see some NEW characters instead of returning old ones. It seems we've had a lot of reuse and rehash these past few years and really, that is starting to get on my nerves. I want to see some DEVELOPMENT, not the return of every single character from wars past.
    I think it is being used excessively.
    The list of important figures they have taken over is much too long.
    It is overused and lazy storytelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Put him in charge?
    He was THE BISHOP before he died, maybe he was The Bishop of Secrets, too, who knows what titles he might have held?
    And why wouldn't you put some mind-controlled pupet in charge of your other underlings? Much less chance of them revolting that way.

You have yet to make a belivable argument why he - for one - serves Sylvanas at all,- secondly - that he does it loyally, and - thirdly - that is is of his own free will.
    All of those are just assumptions.
    He is a friendly undead, meaning either he serves Sylvanas or Bolvar, but most likely Sylvanas. And you don't put someone in charge while they are a mindless slave, what would be the point? He has proven himself worthy of whatever responsibility being the Bishop of Secrets entails. There isn't a middle ground here, you are either completely free or you are a mindless zombie. If he was just a mindless corpse, why is he even named? No matter what, he is important and free.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe guys you understand why I find it morally wrong from the living's prespective. To ressurect a hero of the Alliance or the Horde to work for you as a Forsaken to promote your own agenda cause let's be honest Sylvannas is not there for the Legion but for the Valkyr. Unless something changes I don't see her staying alive for long.
    Well considering she is the new warchief and a major character i find that unlikely.........

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    He is a friendly undead, meaning either he serves Sylvanas or Bolvar, but most likely Sylvanas.
    Leonid Barthalomew of the Argent Dawn would like to have a word with you.
    There is no rule that any and all friendly undead have to be a servant of either Sylvanas or Bolvar.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping that they use his character (if he get pass alpha) to let the Cult of The Forgotten Shadow get the spotlight for the first time. I will like to see him with his mind intact, and that he believe he does the right thing with a personality and ideals similar to those who Natalie Seline have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Leonid Barthalomew of the Argent Dawn would like to have a word with you.
    There is no rule that any and all friendly undead have to be a servant of either Sylvanas or Bolvar.
    Not to mention Voss. But they are few and far between.

After seeing a preview of the Dagger Questline it seems that we were all wrong about Alonsus Phaol. He was ressurected by the Scourge and gained his Free will but he didn't seem to go with Sylvannas. He was alone all the time. He even seems to be working with the Alliance and more importantly with Moira Thaurrisan. Thank god.

Deleted
    Seeing this image (http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/492718.jpg) I can say Alonsus is probably the Discipline iconic priest (Velen is Holy and Moira is Shadow).

Updated OP with more information
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

After seeing a preview of the Dagger Questline it seems that we were all wrong about Alonsus Phaol. He was ressurected by the Scourge and gained his Free will but he didn't seem to go with Sylvannas. He was alone all the time. He even seems to be working with the Alliance and more importantly with Moira Thaurrisan. Thank god.
    Convenient that they ranked them in order of both height and holiness. I wonder if there's a correlation there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Ah, the joys of being a Paladin in Alpha back when Forsaken were Undead.... I can only assume.

OP: It's an interesting character to bring back for Legion. Wasn't he (one of) the first Paladin? In theory, if he was resurrected by the Scourge, it could open the way for Forsaken Paladins (not a combo I'm overtly fond of, but lorewise the option is there). Or if he was just a Priest and not a full-blown Paladin (because aren't Paladins not able to be resurrected anyway?) we could have an interesting and important figure in the Forsaken's religious community. In a sense, the 'Priest' character for Forsaken. Heck, could expand the whole "Do they worship Shadow at all, and how into the Light are they?" question that's been kinda vague since Vanilla.
    If my memory serves me right he trained Uther as the first or one of the first paladins, then he died of old age, i guess he was ressed and got back to work. And as for forsake and the whole shadow/ light thing its kinda of strange, someone from blizz mentioned that some forsaken priest have meddling with the light and it has had some strange effects on them like as if their were on the verge of healing, some regaining certain senses like touch, pain, taste, the light is doing something but most forsaken ain't taking that chance of getting burned to death by a simple healing prayer that would saved the average living joe's life and they figured that the shadow healing is just as good as the lights.

Does he even serve the forsaken?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Nope....I don't think so he probably has free will like voss did when she woke up....its kinda funny, I bet when Sylvanas caught wind of new raised forsaken who wanted to do they own thing and not join her side kinda made her angry and a tad bit scared, then pow! the valkyr started raising people who was once her enemies and they straight scream for the dark lady as the comeback, kinda like your mind is mine, obey me!!! they have no will of their own. o_O

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    Nope....I don't think so he probably has free will like voss did when she woke up....its kinda funny, I bet when Sylvanas caught wind of new raised forsaken who wanted to do they own thing and not join her side kinda made her angry and a tad bit scared, then pow! the valkyr started raising people who was once her enemies and they straight scream for the dark lady as the comeback, kinda like your mind is mine, obey me!!! they have no will of their own. o_O
    I'm just hoping.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    No. He was raised by the Scourge but he is independent.

Thank god. It would suck if he was just another one ressurected by Sylvannas to be used for her plans as this is getting out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Convenient that they ranked them in order of both height and holiness. I wonder if there's a correlation there.
    That would make gnome priests something on par with the old gods

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    If my memory serves me right he trained Uther as the first or one of the first paladins, then he died of old age, i guess he was ressed and got back to work.
    He did train them as priests, they became paladins afterwards.
    He was also credited with shaping/creating the church of The Holy Light.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank god. It would suck if he was just another one ressurected by Sylvannas to be used for her plans as this is getting out of hand.
    Just look at Hillsbrad and you cannot call her anything but a hypocrite regarding her opinion on free will.
    That zone destoryed any respect I had for her as character.

Sylvannas so far is ressurecting former Alliance heroes to use them for her agenda without any consequences. I would hate the fact if she did ressurected Alonsus Faol because this whole do anything I want without consequences was becoming boring.

Not only does Faol seem to be working for himself, not Sylvanas or Bolvar, he also seems to have recruited Calia Menethil (!!!) into his organisation! Who then, of course, gets seconded to you as your assistant.

And Faol seems to also be working with Moira.

Deleted
    What a disappointment. Instead of getting an actual Forsaken priest as part of this group, we get another neutral Alliance hero that just looks like an Undead. This is our "Horde" representative for priests?