Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
  1. #241
    I'm sorry to bother you fine Monks but iv been looking into mistweaving and im wondering why Leech is so highly regarded? I get that it's great for survivability, especially on progression, but that would be true for all healing classes but as far as i'm aware leech is never rated that high for anyone else.

    I guess I'm just wondering why it's only monks that seem to be getting so much out of leech compared to other healers.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Serraphis View Post
    I'm sorry to bother you fine Monks but iv been looking into mistweaving and im wondering why Leech is so highly regarded? I get that it's great for survivability, especially on progression, but that would be true for all healing classes but as far as i'm aware leech is never rated that high for anyone else.

    I guess I'm just wondering why it's only monks that seem to be getting so much out of leech compared to other healers.
    If you ask me, it's most probable that everyone else's theorycraft is wrong, because that's been historically true for Leech/Avoidance being underestimated. Even giving Leech a huge arbitrary penalty for only being able to heal yourself, and including its high overheal, it's still very good. 1% Leech is just very cheap, and if the weight is even somewhat comparable, rolling Leech/Avoidance is like getting a free 3rd secondary stat on your gear piece, like the MoP legendary cloak -- very good.

    However, they didn't mention tertiary stat costs changing for 7.1.5, but maybe that's because they didn't think they were important. I still need to actually log in the game and confirm that the costs didn't change. I currently have Leech at 230 per 1%.

    Note: I received questions like this BEFORE 7.1.5 as well. Leech was pretty much just as good before the patch, too, so even if I have it too high (i.e. the cost increased), my argument in the first paragraph still holds, pretty much.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2017-01-24 at 05:18 PM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    The rankings should change based on your stat weights, actually.
    No matter what I put in(stats get better) 880 vial is always ahead of alch stone even on short fights.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    If you ask me, it's most probable that everyone else's theorycraft is wrong, because that's been historically true for Leech/Avoidance being underestimated. Even giving Leech a huge arbitrary penalty for only being able to heal yourself, and including its high overheal, it's still very good. 1% Leech is just very cheap, and if the weight is even somewhat comparable, rolling Leech/Avoidance is like getting a free 3rd secondary stat on your gear piece, like the MoP legendary cloak -- very good.

    However, they didn't mention tertiary stat costs changing for 7.1.5, but maybe that's because they didn't think they were important. I still need to actually log in the game and confirm that the costs didn't change. I currently have Leech at 230 per 1%.

    Note: I received questions like this BEFORE 7.1.5 as well. Leech was pretty much just as good before the patch, too, so even if I have it too high (i.e. the cost increased), my argument in the first paragraph still holds, pretty much.
    I was chatting with the healers in my guild (I'm a holy priest) and that's pretty much the conclusion we came to aswell, that other sims just don't factor leech in. It's definitely a great stat, our monk healer takes less overall damage than most of the raid and his leech still contributes a significant amount to his healing

    Cheers for taking the time to reply! This has been very enlightening.

  5. #245
    Hi I'm sorry, maybe I'm just dumb but are somewhere written just the haste breakpoints ?

  6. #246
    They're listed in the original guide. There's a link on one of the pages, cannot remember which. Also, not sure whether they have been updated after the adjustment to secondary stat values.

  7. #247
    oh found it, thank you kind sir

  8. #248
    Is anyone interested in me adding some code to the Spreadsheet to load character data from the Armory? People would need their own API key, but I can make it available.

  9. #249
    I noticed no one is talking about this, but I am very curious: what is the effect (if any) of the T19 Monk 2pc or 4pc bonuses?

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by aysah View Post
    I noticed no one is talking about this, but I am very curious: what is the effect (if any) of the T19 Monk 2pc or 4pc bonuses?
    If you go to the monk discord, there is some discussion of this. One of the newer stat weight spreadsheets also has some information on it. The TLDR is pretty much: It's good, but difficult to quantify.

  11. #251
    2 part is strong but the 4 part is stronger. Funny enought 4 part actually makes mastery worth less then other 3 stats.

  12. #252
    You say that, but then you check warcraftlogs and see Peachpies as top mistweaver rocking mastery gems.

    Really, some fights he's rocking 11k mastery, others 6k.. granted the Cake is a big chunk, but maybe he knows something we don't or is abusing the hell out of the 4pc on farm lol.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Armory: Mistweaver Monk - Twitter

  13. #253
    Personally I've been gearing for Crit/Mastery but not gone as far as Mastery gems, I'm picking up crit/vers gear but it just feels right with this 4 set gearing crit/mastery
    /MattyWatson - Mistweaver - Turalyon - PROUD CHEERLEADER OF US#1 GUILD INVECTIVE! YOU CAN DO IT GUYS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeAwesomeForumGuy View Post
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God.

  14. #254
    I never sign up to any of these forum things but I wanted to say thank you for doing this, you relay have made it all much easier.
    Last edited by Forever Autumn; 2017-04-27 at 07:58 PM.

  15. #255
    Hi im curious how strong is the T19 set and when is it worth dropping.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    You say that, but then you check warcraftlogs and see Peachpies as top mistweaver rocking mastery gems.

    Really, some fights he's rocking 11k mastery, others 6k.. granted the Cake is a big chunk, but maybe he knows something we don't or is abusing the hell out of the 4pc on farm lol.
    There was some hasty math being passed around claiming that my spreadsheet was incorrect, and a bunch of the best Mistweavers used Mastery for a time. It turned out the hasty math was incorrect instead. It appears Peachpies is back to Crit>Vers>Haste>Mastery. However, as I don't play anymore, it could be people use Mastery>Crit sets for some bosses. I couldn't tell you for sure, but I haven't heard anything like that yet.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2017-07-21 at 04:02 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

  17. #257
    Moistweaver pointed out to me that the bonus of Drape of Shame was not updated in the spreadsheet after it was nerfed; this has been corrected. Sorry for missing that one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Spreadsheet has been updated for 7.2.5, including talents tab for RSK mana cost change, TFT tab for TFT-EF change, and EF tab for EF and RJW mechanics changes.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

  18. #258
    No changes to my spreadsheet appear to be required from the official Patch 7.3 patch notes.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •