Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolHoodie View Post
    Is this a good sign or bad sign!?
    With the way class halls and artifacts and artifact talents interact, it's neither. We can't say anything meaningful about the future state of resto without having seen the artifact talents, as they change a lot of stuff that's going to affect how our spells and normal talents work. There's half a dozen specs that don't have that information yet, though, so its absence doesn't really say anything either.

It's still alpha. Adding things is what alpha is all about. Making them work and be balanced is what beta is all about, so there's going to be lots of changes then too.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

I swear Shamans are disabled because they didnt find time or took the effort to do the Shamans last

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I swear Shamans are disabled because they didnt find time or took the effort to do the Shamans last
    Yeah like in Warlords of Draenor Beta...

10+ Year Old Account
    Still sitting tight, glad I'm not holding my breathe. /fingerscrossed.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    "sky is falling, resto will be shit YET again."
    ya resto is always shit. Kappa

No info means something good I hope, or they haven't quite fleshed out the details, either way I hope the artifact has some nice effects, the talents so far are already pretty nice, some sort of water bubbles like bone shield wouldn't be complained about though, seeing as they stole earth shield.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shamans are "disabled".

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Shamans are "disabled".
    Guess why.

Right now only Enhancement looks great. Elemental looks like another 2 years of shame in Legion and Resto hasn't changed at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Guess why.

Right now only Enhancement looks great. Elemental looks like another 2 years of shame in Legion and Resto hasn't changed at all.
    The only bad thing I see in elemental is the "pets with cooldown" aspect.

Also we haven't even seen the artifact of resto yet so can't judge at all how much is it changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The only bad thing I see in elemental is the "pets with cooldown" aspect.

Also we haven't even seen the artifact of resto yet so can't judge at all how much is it changing.
    I judge by looking at the class blogs and there Resto hasn't changed at all. Nevertheless I'm quite curious for our artifact talents. I hope they don't revolve around Healing Rain.

Resto hasn't changed at all.
    Resto is mostly fine, though, at least in PvE. For once. I'd love to see Echo of the Elements baseline, but other than that it's probably for the best that they don't mess with the spec too much. It seems like every time a spec gets an overhaul, it's a coin toss whether it'll be better or worse afterwards.

I mean really, the only times resto has felt good was TBC, the last tier of Cataclysm, and WoD after patch 6.1. Now is probably not a good time for major changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    Shamans are "disabled".
    Don't be mean, sure they've got nothing really going for them, but blizzard are working on it

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Resto is mostly fine, though, at least in PvE. For once. I'd love to see Echo of the Elements baseline, but other than that it's probably for the best that they don't mess with the spec too much. It seems like every time a spec gets an overhaul, it's a coin toss whether it'll be better or worse afterwards.

I mean really, the only times resto has felt good was TBC, the last tier of Cataclysm, and WoD after patch 6.1. Now is probably not a good time for major changes.
    Fine? Sure, but really dull though. The base skill set looks like WotLK Holy Paladins.

Deleted
    Guess why.

Enhancement only looks great to non-enhancement players or JohnnyComeLately enhancers.

Guess why.

Ok, I'll bite.

Here's why: the class hall isn't finished. There are numerous alpha specs (from playtesting them myself) that are NOT finished, not anywhere near even (SV Hunter comes to mind based on their artifact), but they are still active.

The only reason to disable a class entirely and not add a token half-finished spec like others, is the class hall not being available since it's intrinsically linked with the start experience in Legion, not that the spec is broken/busted/hated/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.

Here's why: the class hall isn't finished. There are numerous alpha specs (from playtesting them myself) that are NOT finished, not anywhere near even (SV Hunter comes to mind based on their artifact), but they are still active.

The only reason to disable a class entirely and not add a token half-finished spec like others, is the class hall not being available since it's intrinsically linked with the start experience in Legion, not that the spec is broken/busted/hated/whatever.
    Yeah but, clearly, the reason our hall isnt done is because Blizzard doesnt care about Shaman and theyre just going to throw it together at the last minute!

I'm being sarcastic but based on what I've seen, I suspect some folks actually feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.

Other class halls aren't finished either and those classes are available. I don't know what's the reason for disabled Shamans and to be honest it's not really important.

The Shaman changes for Legion are just lackluster. There was no need for a new ressource, at least not for Elemental.

And Resto looks fine but it doesn't feel good at all. That's my opinion but I don't like the playstyle. Riptide every target, place the totem every 30 seconds, some Healing Rain and Chain Heal... very enticing.

We're lacking mechanics. Mechanics like the new MW playstyle or the Resto Druid playstyle. We have Tidal Waves that's far away from being an enticing mechanic. That's it - and in 2016 that doesn't feel good anymore. We haven't seen our artifact traits yet but I am still concerned.

That's subjective though. I love Resto as it is, but that's just an opinion too. Did you not like the idea of the conal heal we were said to be getting too?

Quote Originally Posted by Menubrea View Post
    Fine? Sure, but really dull though. The base skill set looks like WotLK Holy Paladins.
    It plays differently if you have EotE, though. That makes all the difference. And with Healing Stream Totem being added to EotE, it might actually end up being more interesting than just "that button you press every 30 seconds".

Other class halls aren't finished either and those classes are available.
    There are different degrees of "unfinished". It's not really about the location itself as much as the NPCs and their quests. If the starting experience isn't finished yet, there's little point in enabling the class. And it's still alpha, which is the development phase where you actually add things. Of course everything isn't added yet - if it was, that would mean beta had already started.

TAnd Resto looks fine but it doesn't feel good at all. That's my opinion but I don't like the playstyle. Riptide every target, place the totem every 30 seconds, some Healing Rain and Chain Heal... very enticing.
    Resto feels pretty good with Echo of the Elements. That really should be baseline, though. I find the spec so incredibly mindless and dull without that talent that it's pretty much unplayable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Resto feels pretty good with Echo of the Elements. That really should be baseline, though. I find the spec so incredibly mindless and dull without that talent that it's pretty much unplayable.
    So adding an extra Charge to Riptide and Spirit-Link elevates resto shaman from "dull" to "pretty good"?

I think resto shamans are awesome, and the changes in Legion look really good.

-We get to place our totems where we want baseline!
    -Echo of the Elements baseline
    -Blink-like ability
    -new skillshot frontal-cone-healspell

Why the whining?