Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    I put in the final campaign because of some cool items and a neat follower, quests go pretty fast and can be done while doing the 3 or 4 days of Tanaan dailies I like to do on every alt just to fill in the gaps before biting the bullet and getting medallions if I want to monetize their apexis.
    Thanks for the clarification, bro - that's pretty much what I thought. I settled with a few Tanaan dailies before splurging on the medallions on my alts - thankfully those are pretty cheap now thanks to Winter Veil!

Quote Originally Posted by Minttunator View Post
    Thanks for the clarification, bro - that's pretty much what I thought. I settled with a few Tanaan dailies before splurging on the medallions on my alts - thankfully those are pretty cheap now thanks to Winter Veil!
    Thanks. Just to be clear I grind a few Tanaans and then medallion on EVERY alt to get Unsinkable/oil rig. If one of them ends up with a LOT of Apexis ill push it further medallion wise to buy even more apexis pets (sky fry and bone wasp)

I don't even know what you people are talking about. Not for wont of gold, not for lack of knowledge, not for lack of commitment. Simply for lack of interest in this shipyard thing.

But if someone is out there enjoying this really lame and corny feature (obviously not lame in their eyes) then good for them. glad you're getting all your gold and such. I can't imagine doing all that just to start the gold flowing.

I'm satisfied with my meager 900k.

shipyard /shudder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said almost a month ago my unoptimized shipyards are still making almost as much as the gold missions are, roughly 40% of the total daily garrison income. I recruited 3 greasemonkeys on each character and that's enough to build new ships and doing all gold missions and still have some oil left.

Deleted
    I got all the rare things in missions of shipyard and now I consider going for gold crews. Only problem is that I have almost all the ships on great +chance crews. The mythic cache always respawns if it fails right?

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    I got all the rare things in missions of shipyard and now I consider going for gold crews. Only problem is that I have almost all the ships on great +chance crews. The mythic cache always respawns if it fails right?
    Yeah. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...he_mission_it/

Deleted
    Yeah, alright, cause that's the only thing that would prevent it. I have done 3 ring mission and the rare mount mission. I guess there is nothing left other than gold, mainly.

Finally, it must be said, do ALL the treasure quests, even Baleful. You will clear far more gold missions in the long run that way. I tested this one week, didn't do non gold treasure missions, and my gold dried up fast.

I love Alan Moore.
    Yeah 2 months after I posted all this, it's panned out well. I make so much gold from ships I could probably just stop doing garrison missions now, which is far less in gold per clicks But of course that won't happen because I still get the odd Champion's Honor etc that still sell well.
    Just the ships have been a reliable ~2k a day per garrison for 10 seconds of speed clicking (use the keybinds in Garrison Mission Manager) and I use TSM Mail to auto send all Balefuls to a bank alt.
    Still running oil well when I get a chance. I originally had 10 stacks of Unsinkables, I've probably blown through 5 over the past month or two. Also I realized Fog is never an issue for the gold Missions of Interest, so I've had time to ensure all the main primary counters (rudder, shark, furnace, felsmoke) are covered 2 or 3 deep. Opie addon has been helpful in assigning counters.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-02-18 at 10:10 AM.

What does everyone do with the heaps of sorcerous elements? Got roughly 1k of each now and they hardly sell on the AH. I'm considering to just vendor them and only keep a small supply of them. I'm transmuting some of them to help me craft bags, but they just keep piling on.

Deleted
    I have 11 characters with revered rep and oil rig unlocked for a good while now.
    Didn't really take this long, the garrison campaign helped alot with rep (its a huge boost) and the single daily Q is like 3 minutes in 5-man premade group. After 3 weeks of playing ca. 1 hour a day i was done.

Optimized my shipyards to a point of having lots of human and pandarian crews, with dwarven here or there. I'm managing to get >85% on most gold missions, often with 1 dwarf crew to double the gold.

The missions are less in number than normal table, but they reward way more gold. 500, 1000, 700, 1400, 2100, 800, 1600, 2000, 4000, even 6000 with area buff + dwarf crew on that 2k base mission.

Combined effort of normal table + shipyard gives me about 100-110k gold per week on 11 characters. Shipyard makes up for 6.2 mission table nerfs easily, especially after it was made user friendly (no ship destruction >90%, rare ship destruction otherwise etc)

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In the last few weeks, it feels like even my 60-75% missions hardly fail, and if they do, the ships survive as a rule. I think I rebuild one destroyed ship on 8 characters with a shipyard in the last month.

It appears shipyard missions are now much less punishing
    I agree. I've thrown them at some ridiculously low percentage high gold missions and even if they fail I've not lost a ship yet. I've started treating it like my followers and just throwing them at missions which imo is the way it should have been from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    What does everyone do with the heaps of sorcerous elements? Got roughly 1k of each now and they hardly sell on the AH. I'm considering to just vendor them and only keep a small supply of them. I'm transmuting some of them to help me craft bags, but they just keep piling on.
    I vendor them. For other sellables:

- I bank the Left Sharks for a rainy day.

- I still sell the 8 apexis pets and assorted menagerie pets; the prices have remained steady at 2Kish esp the Frostwolf Pup, Micro Defender, Sky Fry, and Bone Wasp. The Steamwheedle pets have been flat. This made it super easy to move gold around servers. Needs an elaborate system for restocking though, I made a Button Forge button bar with the items that make pets, along with the following macro to cage them (obviously the name will change):

/run local t,j={"Blazing Firehawk"},C_PetJournal for _,p in ipairs(t) do for _=1,3 do local _,d=j.FindPetIDByName(p) if d then j.CagePetByID(d) end end end

For the caged pet icon I used Advanced Icon Selector had to look it up on wowhead to find out what Blizzard calls, say Sky Fry. Right click the image, it will tell you the short name. Also I made a spreadsheet with bank toons and who can buy the pets.

Once it's set up, it pretty much is low maintenance. Just cage anything that has sold, and keep 3 of each in your Pet Journal. Except Son of Sethe which a huge *#&^$ing PITA because you can only have 1 at a time.

All this other stuff takes time. By far the most bang for the buck is just ship missions.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-02-19 at 12:11 AM.