Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

#Equality : potential dangers in todays Education

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcWu0tsiZM

"Modern Educayshun" delves into the potential dangers of our increasingly reactionary culture bred by social media and political correctness.
    Written and Directed by Neel Kolhatkar

These guys have a host of other political satire videos as well for those interested.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    That was... oddly terrifying.

Also... privilege points! I came up with that on this forum a few months ago.

I feel plagiarised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really loved the comment from Youtube to this video:

This video is racist because there are no black people in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

This was disturbing.

But I also didn't really notice any of that during my studies. We were purely achievement driven.... so it's not everywhere like that.

Deleted
    The ending is pretty spot on, it's kinda how this works in general and why even a relative small group can already do and enforce it.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    This was disturbing.

But I also didn't really notice any of that during my studies. We were purely achievement driven.... so it's not everywhere like that.
    It's achievment driven here also but this kind of grading is already slowly seeping into various classes, some such as politics depending on the tutor more than others. Also government studies have shown that teachers do in fact grade based on things such as genders altough most often without recognizing they're doing it. :|

7+ Year Old Account
    Can somebody sum the video for people who cannot watch it at work?

I think the most telling line in the video is when the teacher takes 2 points off of his paper because she 'doesn't like him'. Its why so much of the PC culture shenanigans are actually about certain people gaining power, and not actually about what they are espousing.

There is one flaw in the video though, and that is that it portrays the supposedly 'disadvantaged' Asian student as reaping the benefits of the system. In real life, the people who have power and reap the benefits in this system seem to be predominantly wealthy white leftists.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Can somebody sum the video for people who cannot watch it at work?
    its a math class. They are all overly sensitive and do their best not to offend anyone. New kid in class thinks its bullshit. They turn in a paper. They add up all the scores and divide it by the number of papers so everyone is "equal". Then they add privilege points. Minus 1 if ur white, straight, cis gendered... Add points if ur gay, retarded, brown.... The retard Asian tranny gets the highest score even tho he did the least work. "facts don't matter, only feelings do"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    its a math class. They are all overly sensitive and do their best not to offend anyone. New kid in class thinks its bullshit. They turn in a paper. They add up all the scores and divide it by the number of papers so everyone is "equal". Then they add privilege points. Minus 1 if ur white, straight, cis gendered... Add points if ur gay, retarded, brown.... The retard Asian tranny gets the highest score even tho he did the least work. "facts don't matter, only feelings do"
    This is an actual recording of a math class in the US right?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    This is an actual recording of a math class in the US right?
    Nah its a fictional work. Things are exaggerated to a prove a point.

15+ Year Old Account
    So they make up a reality, a manufactured position that doesn't exist in real life, and proves a point you already had in your mind.

So they make up a reality, a manufactured position that doesn't exist in real life, and proves a point you already had in your mind.
    Why are you always so polarizing? You have to turn everything into an argument and it gets really old. Someone asked for a summarization and now you are arguing with me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why are you always so polarizing? You have to turn everything into an argument and it gets really old. Someone asked for a summarization and now you are arguing with me.
    No, I am just stating facts. You enjoy fantasy worlds where your prejudices exist.

If you had engaged either brain cell one or mouse click one, you might have noticed this wasn't based on or set in the U.S. That said, it does pretty well satirize the batshit descent in value of a university education over the last few decades.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a wet dream to certain lefties...not all, but some.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    If you had engaged either brain cell one or mouse click one, you might have noticed this wasn't based on or set in the U.S. That said, it does pretty well satirize the batshit descent in value of a university education over the last few decades.
    This is why university education is not in demand anymore for vocational or careers choices over the decades.

Deleted
    This is a really good summary, maybe should be edited into the OP for those who can't watch the video.

Still, very good video.

Shows how delusional and creepy SJWs are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometime you wonder if it's true or not. It's exaggerated for comedic purposes, but the reality isn't all that far. The only difference is that people wouldn't actually stand up and speak against the common way of thinking as the protagonist did here.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

No, I am just stating facts. You enjoy fantasy worlds where your prejudices exist.
    It's reductio ad absurdum, basically taking the slippery slope argument to an extreme potential conclusion. It doesn't seem like you are making your arguments in good faith, since you asked for a summary and then attacked somebody for summarizing.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn