Deleted

Resto Trinket choices

Hello,

Looking for a bit of advice around trinkets for Resto Shaman.

I have read many different articles all of which seem to have a different opinion on which trinkets to use.

So was wondering if anyone here has some thoughts or experience with this.

Currently we are just starting on Mythic with 2 kills on HFA and 1 on reaver.

Depending on who is available the healers we have available are

1 x Shaman - Me
    1 x Paladin
    1 x Disc Priest
    3 x Druid

I am currently running with the below trinkets

720 - Demonic Phylactery - which most sites I have looked at has this as BIS.
    736 - Core of the primal elements - some sites rave for this some discount it as weak :S

I also have the below available to me

725 - Stone of elements - no one mentions this so assume not worth it
    725 - unstable Felshadow Emulsion - again seems hit and miss on some sites.

Given the choice what would you run with .

Thanks in advance

Hi Goldenstar
    Trinkets for us are a bit of a grey area. A lot depends on your playstyle, the healing setup, and the encounter, but to give my personal opinion, I'll say which I prefer and where.

Your DP is always your static trinket, so I switch around my second as I see fit.

For progression, as I'm sure you know, as the raid is learning they tend to take more damage and I find the UFE is very nice as it gives that extra bit of a buffer. Remember if you do use this one that the healing doesn't record in skada/recount, so its worth getting a small addon to just measure that so you can see yourself how effective it is. In mythic, I tend to use this on council and gorefiend, but i used it for pretty much everything when we were progressing. Also note that it also doesnt count any healing from totems, so its less effective on us shamans than perhaps a resto druid for example.

Otherwise I will switch between Flickering Felspark. The static mastery on that trinket is immense, and as it drops so early in the instance, its a great one to have. I use this for pretty much everything we have on farm apart form the two I already mentioned.
    Intuition's Gift is also nice for bursty fights, but I'm personally not a fan of proc trinkets for healers as quite often that proc just gets wasted.

As for the class trinket - I really don't see how it is beneficial on the majority of fights. Certainly not to the point where you would sacrifice one of the other trinkets in favour of it. Personally, i would drop this for the UFE from your current trinkets, then hopefully you'll get a mythic felspark before long.

And yes, the alchemy trinket is pretty useless. Only really useful as a step-stone till you get something better.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstar View Post
    720 - Demonic Phylactery - which most sites I have looked at has this as BIS.
    And they're right. It's so stupidly good that it's pretty much broken. If this wasn't the last tier of the expansion, it would definitely have been nerfed.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanika View Post
    Intuition's Gift is also nice for bursty fights, but I'm personally not a fan of proc trinkets for healers as quite often that proc just gets wasted.
    Not to go offtopic here but its a use trinket and not a proc Can be good for burst healing using it with tide for example. But you need to time it well and not waste the use else its worse then other trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Not to go offtopic here but its a use trinket and not a proc
    Brainfart... guess that shows how much I've taken that one out of my bags!

7+ Year Old Account
    Demonic Phylactery this trinket is insane, that mana reduction equals shittons of spirit so use it, it's a must-have. And the leech trinket is really nice once u get better gear.

736 - Core of the primal elements - some sites rave for this some discount it as weak :S
    It is pretty bad. I just don't see how a percentage chance to spread your Riptide at its current duration is very helpful. It would have been better if it refreshed Riptide. It rarely amounts to a lot of healing AND you have to sacrifice main stat to use a Class Trinket.

725 - Stone of elements - no one mentions this so assume not worth it
    It's actually pretty decent if you don't have access to either Mythic BRF Trinkets or Normal HFC Trinkets. The increase to mana potion effect is worth at least a little spirit.

725 - unstable Felshadow Emulsion - again seems hit and miss on some sites.
    It won't show up on your healing meters so if you try to see how effective the Trinket is you will come up with "not very good." It is unfortunate that leech caused by the healer doesn't show up but it is without a doubt the second best Trinket for you; especially during fights like Gorefiend or Phase 3 Tyrant where the target takes more damage.

I boot all shamans that use Core of Primal elements in their healing set when raid leading. It's so bad that it shows a complete lack of understanding of your own class to use it.