Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    seriously feeling bad for rogues everywhere. What's the point, it's exactly, *exactly* like the sewers we've known for seven years. Trash the work you've done, Blizzard, and update Ravenholdt. So far, I'll hold judgment on the DK Hall, until or unless we find out there's really nothing new in store for Achereus.

Personally I'm most impressed by the Warrior Hall. Don't know if I'll ever make one, but damn is that place pretty. Everything else is okay enough, I guess, but most of it feels like places we've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    Where is the Warrior guild hall located? The Firelands? Not sure what being a Warrior has to do with elemental plane of fire but whatever....
    It's Valhalla!

I knew better than to get to excited about garrisons 3.0 - Sorry I mean Class halls.

And for you rogues. I fell really bad. That rehashed crap hole as a head quarters. I can barely stop laughing.

Warrior and Warlock class halls look awesome! I am pleased

10+ Year Old Account
    I logged in, for the first time in YEARS to comment on that Rogue class hall. Hot hells, that is about as disappointing as I dared fear.

First of - I've never gotten why sewers are particularly rogue-like. Sure, they may fit a Thieve's Guild, but the WoW version of a rogue includes more than just the common thief, like the professional assassin and the swashbuckler - Not exactly who I'd expect to reside in sewers.

Secondly - I could've probably lived with the sewers, had they been somehow updated. If it had looked like the rogues had actually done something with the place, but it's almost, to a tee, like the original Dalaran sewers.

An underground location beneath a city can work well, if you want to go with a hidden network-kind-of-thing, but then make it that. While Assassin's Creed Unity isn't a particularly good game, I feel they got one thing right about shadowy operations - They would have some sort of respectable facade (for those not in the know - In AC:U the Assassin's work from beneath a respectable street-corner coffee house). Why not do the same here? Ravenholdt, as more have mentioned, comes to mind. It's not exactly a secret, but it could fairly easily be hidden away as simply the hideaway of an eccentric lord.

I guess, in the end, I just don't see any EFFORT in the rogue class hall. At all.

/Personal opinion and all that.

Edit: The mage class hall is more shadowy, for crying out loud!
    Last edited by Khainos; 2015-12-03 at 03:19 PM.

I'm a bit shocked honestly. Blizzard employees clearly have no imagination left to the lot of them.

This is supposed to be an epic fantasy MMO. Legion is supposed to be revive the game from their admitted mistakes. Class halls are a main feature of Legion that we will travel to throughout the expansion. Their design team is the biggest it has ever been.

This is what we get. A collection of uninspired bland locations. The Mage class hall is a literally a hall. With a bookcases. That is how they capture the fantasy of the class?, of arcane, fire, and frost. A dark dusty stone hall with a bookcases of books.

Looking through them all, same feeling throughout. This isn't something that can be fixed with asset tweaks, they are fundamentally boring.

I do not get why the priests get the pink Exodar(which I always hated anyway) look while Paladins get a Cathedral. I mean, Paladins have been introduced to the horde in pink and with the Exodar...
    Not to mention that candles with demon skulls would at least give a hint to shadows...but those you find in paladin halls. A bright pink(it's not even dark!) and yellow glass palace just doesn't feel right for shadows. And to imagine that we will have to spend quite some time there....*yuk*
    Last edited by Pacster; 2015-12-03 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shambulanced View Post
    Bearing in mind that these are early looks of the class halls...

The point being that outside of some new NPCs, thus far, that one is exactly the same, as in, developed in super-early Wrath.

I think most players were hoping for updated areas. Acherus could be the same layout, but it should look new with higher res textures and more detail in general.

I mean, Class Halls are a major selling point of Legion. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be a little shocked that most of these locations look copy/pasted and/or pretty dull.

I can't even find the words for how disappointing the rogue class hall is. Is that Vanessa VanCleef? Gonna resurrect yet another character...c'mon now.

You know nobody ever takes into account that its not finished or anything like. They just want to complain like babies.

I enjoy the Draeni/Exodar aesthetic, and so I like the priest hall for the most part. Onyxia's head, however, feels a little out of place. Also, I am a little surprised to see Calia Menethil in the priest order hall. It looks like Blizzard is trying to tie up as many storylines as possible with Legion.

The only class hall I dislike is the Rogue hall. Otherwise, I think all the others are decent, especially the warrior class hall.

7+ Year Old Account
    Where is the Warrior guild hall located? The Firelands? Not sure what being a Warrior has to do with elemental plane of fire but whatever....
    the warrior class hall are the halls of valor... basically the warcraft valhalla. YE BOYZ! YOU GET FREAKING VALHALLA!!

Formerly known as Arafal

The class halls look absolutely fantastic already, especially the Warrior version since they apparently use raid tier architecture for it (I don't believe they created this just for Warriors).

With the exception of the Rogue hall. It's garbage, no way to twist that. I realise that it is hard to find a common theme between Rogues, since they range from lowly street rats to highly professional assassins, but this is just a terrible, lazy solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Artylic View Post
    You know nobody ever takes into account that its not finished or anything like. They just want to complain like babies.
    I heard that arguement countless of times. Basicly we have that every expansion when it comes to shadows being underpowered. We shall just wait cause it is not final...and then it's final and it's still underpowered. Every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    I do not get why the priests get the pink Exodar(which I always hated anyway) look while Paladins get a Cathedral. I mean, Paladins have been introduced to the horde in pink and with the Exodar...
    Not to mention that candles with demon skulls would at least give a hint to shadows...but those you find in paladin halls. A bright pink(it's not even dark!) and yellow glass palace just doesn't feel right for shadows. And to imagine that we will have to spend quite some time there....*yuk*

It's a temple, Karabor. Heavyily tied to priests in the lore. The holy priest(which in my opinion is the essence of priesthood - shadow and disc are more like sub-paths aka more rare) artifact is tied to the Naaru(beings of pure light), and so is clearly the priest class hall - so it makes sense. The problem is more that holy and to some extent disc priests probably wouldn't want anything to do with shadow priests from a lore perspective. I don't think shadow priests, just like warlocks, are welcome in the Horde and especially not in the Alliance - so I can see why they would put a bit more focus on the holy side of priests for the class hall rather than the shadow side. And even so, I think a temple can fit shadow priests just as well. Just because there's light and yellow colours, it can still be a rather gloomy place with a tint of a dark atmosphere.

I'm not saying they get every little detail right(candles in the shape of skulls for the paladin class hall as you mentioned), but Blizzard probably wanted to have different looking places(not two cathedrals) for priests and paladins, aswell as using Temple of Karabor as they scrapped the idea of using it as the major city for the Alliance in WoD to the players outrage. Temples fits priests really well, just as well as cathedrals.

The Priest hall does underscore how few priests characters and influence the horde has. Then again, that certainly was the case in Warcraft 1 and 2. Moreover, the Shaman hall should feel similarly awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monk and Mage...wow.

I like them all, it's amazing. Including the rogue class hall, by the way. I think a lot of rogues actually like it too, but they seem too stubborn to admit at this point. In fact, I don't think that any idea would please you anyway. Some people are here just to complain.

Vanessa VanCleef is in the rogue halls? Alongside Garona, Taoshi, Valeera and some others? Their class hall look dissapointing but atleast they have some major titles residing there.

Warrior class hall looks just as awesome as I imagined, so glad to main this class.

To Chaud: There's an error next to the ''Mage Class Hall'' name where you left out a ''[SIZE=3]''

Quote Originally Posted by luma View Post
    I think a lot of rogues actually like it too, but they seem too stubborn to admit at this point.
    Don't force your own opinions on others, that's one way to get people to ignore you.

Quote Originally Posted by luma View Post
    In fact, I don't think that any idea would please you anyway. Some people are here just to complain.
    No, people have expressed lots of ideas for a much better class hall, just because you like the current toilet version doesn't mean others have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 100% with Lolsteak. Don't speak for other people, speak for yourself. Feedback on the forums over the last span of time since they announced the location has pages upon pages upon pages of Rogues who hate the fact we're (as I main a Rogue, have since pre-Wrath) being shoved like pieces of crap into the sewers. Not to mention it's Dalaran's sewers, because nothing says "sneaky" like the sewers of a metric buttload of Mages with wards, right?

You're damned right we're here to complain. No other class got stuck under pipes full of waste, we did. I think getting flushed on and basically told "lol you're stuck with it" is reason enough to make any class who has that kind of treatment done to them, a little bit upset. Rogues have been getting shafted for years, this was the last straw on an already heavy stack. If this goes live, I'll be jumping on the Demon Hunter bandwagon or making my Druid my new main. Many people have said (including me) that Ravenholdt would be a much better class hall. It's been said since announcement. I'm pretty sure that if they did change it to Ravenholdt, a hell of a lot of people would probably be pleased (again, including me). At least then it wouldn't feel like we're getting shoved into a corner and made to settle for something that doesn't even have anything to do with Rogues.

If they're going to stick us in a sewer, Undercity is a hell of a lot more Rogue-centric than Dalaran.

Its called the Halls Of Valour, its located above the sky's think it of type of Greek Heaven where the gods hang out