any news on cata race models?

Has anyone heard anything about Worgens and Goblins getting their models updated? Even thou they would be the last ones, did they even start on working with em?

I think they look fine anyway...

Worgen and goblins look fine? Goblins maybe, but worgen ... especially worgen females, look TERRIBLE. Worgen females don't even look like the same race as worgen males. Why do the males have glowing eyes while females have actual pupils? Sexual dimorphism aside, that's incredibly stupid and off putting.

Look at the worgen and goblins with the new capes. They can't use the alpha channels so where the new race models see nothing out of the ordinary and can see the cut outs, the worgen and goblins get that area filled in. They have to be updated to use the new cape meshes, otherwise, they just default to the old one. Then there's issues with the worgen female having their chest collapse during some animations along with twisted arms, teeth that pop out, etc. Clearly the female was not finished when Cata released and Blizzard has never fixed it. This makes me concerned that they won't even finish fixing the new models. Blood elf females who run with a long staff item unsheathed have it weave into her legs. She looks fine sprinting, but the normal run is buggy. On top of that, the blood elf female developed a thigh gap which the old model didn't have. So many websites have been blasted over promoting that image just in the past year and now Blizzard is promoting it? Unless they fixed it while working on the demon hunters, I don't have much hope of that. And that's just the blood elves. I've seen orc beards that stand straight up when they lie down and troll hair that doesn't move. I'm sure there are other beards and hairstyles that aren't fully rigged that still need to get fixed.

Unfortunately, we haven't see anything on new models. Supposedly the level 100 video shows a new goblin model but it could have just been made for that video. The hozen also looked more updated and it's not likely we'll see hozen again for a while (if at all). So chances are they were just for the video. It's possible they may reveal something during the beta or release them in 7.1 or 7.2. I don't see them ignoring worgen and goblin, especially with Genn getting a new model this expansion. Surely if he's getting updated, his people will, too. And worgen have a big role this expansion, too. Draenei having a large expansion in WoD was why they got updated alongside the vanilla races and were ready for release. Otherwise, they might have been sat until a patch or even until Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Look at the worgen and goblins with the new capes. They can't use the alpha channels so where the new race models see nothing out of the ordinary and can see the cut outs, the worgen and goblins get that area filled in.
    The WoD capes look exactly the same on male worgen as they do on the updated races. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The WoD capes look exactly the same on male worgen as they do on the updated races. o.O
    That's because they updated the capes, not the characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    That's because they updated the capes, not the characters.
    But he said they had the cut-out parts filled in, which isn't true.

Cory Stockton did mention they're working on it in an interview at Blizzcon with Vanion, but the usual "I don't know when it's supposed to be released" is added. I suppose the mention of them working on it is something at least. >_<

Video link, question's asked at 17m15s.

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    Worgen and goblins look fine? Goblins maybe, but worgen ... especially worgen females, look TERRIBLE. Worgen females don't even look like the same race as worgen males. Why do the males have glowing eyes while females have actual pupils? Sexual dimorphism aside, that's incredibly stupid and off putting.
    Well, clearly your problem is not with the models being "old" or "low quality" (like the classic races before WoD), but you don't like the art direction they took for the female worgen? Right?

There is no guarantees any model "updates" would actually change any of that. One of their concepts for the re-worked models was to stay true to the original, how well that worked out for some can be argued by many, but the point is, they never originally set out to "change" models, just make them look "HD", if you will.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Worgen females need a complete overhaul while the males need a few changes and HD treatment. I dislike the flip on every 2h special attack, occasionally like a Night Elf jump flip or Blood Elf spin would be fine. Also, way too much sniff sniff snort.

Goblins just need the HD treatment and facial animations.

7+ Year Old Account
    @ Guardian_titan

You don't really understand what they meant, and did when they updated the models.

"On top of that, the blood elf female developed a thigh gap which the old model didn't have. So many websites have been blasted over promoting that image just in the past year and now Blizzard is promoting it?" - i dont even.... why would you even care? and how is it even relevant. No Young teenage Girls have a bloodelf as their rolemodels. Theyre not even human
    Last edited by Locknrollen; 2015-12-15 at 11:07 AM.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron