Survival Weapon before Artifact

So - unlike when they dropped our melee weapons between WotLK and Cata, when Legion hits, Survival Hunters are going to have a ranged weapon that they can't use.

They'll get their fancy new artifact fairly quickly - but you need something when you're on that first set of quests.

Is it 'ok' for Survival Hunters to roll on Polearm weapons in Hellfire? Definitely not 'need' them and even defer to someone who might use them as off spec - but if it's a choice of DE it, and let the hunter have it, then give it to the hunter?

Or do you think Blizzard would just give Survival Hunters a polearm on Legion launch day?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    Or do you think Blizzard would just give Survival Hunters a polearm on Legion launch day?
    They said on twitter that we will get a melee weapon with 7.0 when all the class changes will roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will give us one, but if you have a chance to get one from HFC you should since I expect the one we'll get won't be very high level (probably 650-680 or so, or less).

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    They will give us one, but if you have a chance to get one from HFC you should since I expect the one we'll get won't be very high level (probably 650-680 or so, or less).
    I expect it will probably scale with whatever itemlevel weapon you have (prob highest one in your bags) that you can use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I expect it will probably scale with whatever itemlevel weapon you have (prob highest one in your bags) that you can use.
    Perhaps, but I'd still recommend getting a HFC polearm if possible just in case.

I've got a Baleful token banked for both of my hunters as a last resort.

Just nab a baleful token and an upgrade token. Donrobbie has the right idea. At worst, you have a 695 weapon waiting for you, and you won't be usingi t long anyway.

Another option is to buy a Honor (ilvl 700) or Conquest (710) weapon.

When 7.0 comes and honor is gone as currency, they'll probably be available for gold or in some other way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardley View Post
    Is it 'ok' for Survival Hunters to roll on Polearm weapons in Hellfire? Definitely not 'need' them and even defer to someone who might use them as off spec - but if it's a choice of DE it, and let the hunter have it, then give it to the hunter?

There's this thing called a "beta test". That's where all sorts of changes are tested before the actual launch-date. Once you get to the Open Beta phase, you can transfer your character to the "beta server" and "test" stuff. This also includes the new Survival stuff. Like the weapon you will recieve on launch day. Since Open Beta happens to start a very long time ahead of the actual launch, you will have plenty of time to log on yourself or read the experiences of others about which weapon is given compared to whatever itemlevel weapon hunters have at that time.

THEN you can decide if you want to roll Need on a HFC polearm. Until then, I suggest you follow the "Legion beta" news regularly. Mainly since your last question has already been answered and is considered "common knowledge" among those that do follow the news on a regular basis...

On the template we get a 680 green weapon. If the option was disenchant or take though, you may as well take it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Bow/gun will become polearm for hunters only after changin spec I guess.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    There's this thing called a "beta test". That's where all sorts of changes are tested before the actual launch-date. Once you get to the Open Beta phase, you can transfer your character to the "beta server" and "test" stuff. This also includes the new Survival stuff. Like the weapon you will recieve on launch day. Since Open Beta happens to start a very long time ahead of the actual launch, you will have plenty of time to log on yourself or read the experiences of others about which weapon is given compared to whatever itemlevel weapon hunters have at that time.

THEN you can decide if you want to roll Need on a HFC polearm. Until then, I suggest you follow the "Legion beta" news regularly. Mainly since your last question has already been answered and is considered "common knowledge" among those that do follow the news on a regular basis...
    Oh good, I was worried someone wouldn't come across as an elitist douchebag in the replies, thankfully you were here. Mission accomplished sir.