Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    All others: vs. both Warrior DPS specs, both DK DPS specs and Blood DK either, BM / MM Hunters, all Rogues, Shadow Priests, Destruction Warlocks, BM / WW Monks a Ret should nearly always win, unless outgeared or massively outskilled (like 1550 exp. Ret vs. 2000 exp. enemy or so).
    How does a Ret beat a Blood DK or BrM Monk? I ask this because I mained Blood DK and Pallies were easy (except Holy, which could just heal and get away) and now I'm playing my Monk (BrM mostly) and it's not even close. I mean, not even a little bit. I usually obliterate Rets with equivalent gear with like 80% HP left.

In fact, as a BrM, very few classes give me problems 1v1.

Too bad this game wasn't designed around 1v1 and BrM's shitty utility and mediocre DPS makes them pretty shitt for Arenas/BGs...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

my main is DK, playing dual-wield frost, i'm just curious, some people said ret kites DK, bu i dont get it. You know, even howling blast hits like a truck.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    my main is DK, playing dual-wield frost, i'm just curious, some people said ret kites DK, bu i dont get it. You know, even howling blast hits like a truck.
    Seal of Justice (50% movement impairing effect) + freedom with using Exorcism and Judgements while self healing themselves, etc... and kiting away.

Deleted
    the intention of the restriction on Lay on Hands for rated is because:
    it frees a slot (switch heal for ret)
    pushes holy close to invincibility

ret shines in non-rated, wpvp (1o1), due to LoH with the advantage of his mid-range synergy based mobility (main hitter, ES, HoW, J, Exo):
    there is no range class competetive vs ret (non-rated), fire mage*... lol! and the potential of irritation vs melee is skill depended, but as rare as legion artifacts right now on live.
    *btw <3 glyphed bubble vs dots
    ret shines due to LoH cuz (with it its a) major def cd (glyphed) every minute, 1/3hp FoL critheal every 12 secs, TV 6secs -10%damage (gylphed) divine shield, HoF, Cleanse etc.
    in synergy with opponent being stunned 20% of combat (FoJ talented), snared (use SoJ/SoT as Fillers, 8sec/15sec) its close to supremacy.
    ret is rated just minor due to the restriction of the most integral def-cd.

even before 5.3 (sword of light buff) ret was psycho in wpvp=non-rated (cuz focus burst thx 2 instant hp-refresh...)

Deleted
    Doesn't Ret pretty much beat or go even with all classes (except for healers)?

Quote Originally Posted by Agraynel View Post
    Oh, laugh as much as you want. Actually, why should I even argue?

Continue considering Ret rubbish, so when I ambush an unwary DK from enemy WPvP guilds in open world, they would think there is no danger and hence play offensively and make mistakes. Better for me this way.
    wpvp doesn't mean much in a classes strength as there are many factors that swing the fight.

Maybe a squirrel. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenging Wrath View Post
    the intention of the restriction on Lay on Hands for rated is because:
    it frees a slot (switch heal for ret)
    pushes holy close to invincibility

ret shines in non-rated, wpvp (1o1), due to LoH with the advantage of his mid-range synergy based mobility (main hitter, ES, HoW, J, Exo):
    there is no range class competetive vs ret (non-rated), fire mage*... lol! and the potential of irritation vs melee is skill depended, but as rare as legion artifacts right now on live.
    *btw <3 glyphed bubble vs dots
    ret shines due to LoH cuz (with it its a) major def cd (glyphed) every minute, 1/3hp FoL critheal every 12 secs, TV 6secs -10%damage (gylphed) divine shield, HoF, Cleanse etc.
    in synergy with opponent being stunned 20% of combat (FoJ talented), snared (use SoJ/SoT as Fillers, 8sec/15sec) its close to supremacy.
    ret is rated just minor due to the restriction of the most integral def-cd.

even before 5.3 (sword of light buff) ret was psycho in wpvp=non-rated (cuz focus burst thx 2 instant hp-refresh...)
    100% accurate how this guy stated "non-rated, wpvp" because this is the Key to understanding Ret's advantages and disadvantages. In non-rated/wpvp Ret is insane strong cuz of LOH (even though i consider a cheating to use it in duels as Ret). However, in Rated pvp, ret is one of the worst pvp melee DPS classes in game, all you have to do is look up 3v3 rated arena, see how very few rets above 2.3k and all of them play with multi glad/r1 teamates.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've never fought a skill capped DK then.
    Gosh, how annoying are these elitists.

We're not talking here about 2.7k experienced players or glads. How many of these are around and especially outdoors for a fight? A dozen on every big realm? Few hundreds in entire game?

Who cares about r1 players? There are absolutely different standards there. We're talking about the thousands of average players PvP'ing. And among the simple mortals - well, yes, a Ret with a brain, who can kite well, has every chance to beat a DK if he plays it right and is aware of Icy Touch glyph spammers.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2015-12-11 at 08:22 AM.

People here forget that Agra is talking about world pvp where things aren't fair.
    He's gonna take any opportunity to get you off guard.

Ret is a different story in arena, but in the open world they can chunk people pretty hard.
    That being said, the same goes for a lot of classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sin Cara, thanks for clarifying. Indeed, I, for example, use every tools available in order to badly surprise even an anti-spec to mine. Such as Invisibility Potions, Living Action Potions, various Engineering tools, toys, trinkets, etc.

WPvP is a rare kind of player specialization in WoW, but WPvP-devoted people like me do exist. Especially on Defias Brotherhood, the "WPvP capital of EU".
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2015-12-11 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    I agree that people have to stop confusing 'Ranked Arena' with 'wpvp'. World PvP has way different mechanics and possibilities. A Gladiator Arena player could easily get 1v1'd by a die-hard WPvP'er in the open world.

In WPvP i use Unleashed Mania (75% dmg increase, 75% health increase for 45sec) + legendary ring + pots + LOH when i gang hordies, hell when i pop that macro, u can give me 3 dks, they will all die :P in Wpvp

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    In WPvP i use Unleashed Mania (75% dmg increase, 75% health increase for 45sec) + legendary ring + pots + LOH when i gang hordies, hell when i pop that macro, u can give me 3 dks, they will all die :P in Wpvp
    lol Thug life

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    DK's can beat Ret. This guy talking about Ret owning DK's has no idea what he's talking about.

Death Siphon is the most overpowered healing ability in the game. Any DK that uses his Death Runes correctly and knows how to pool runes/resources and uses Death Siphon during procs (Fallen Crusader, trinkets) and Pillar is literally a livelord until all of that is gone. And this isn't even mentioning using Death Strike on Frost/Unholy Runes for even more ridiculous healing.

Rets just don't deal enough sustained damage to out damage Death Siphon healing. And a DK that has glyph of swapping Presences and uses Deaths Advance/Unholy Presence, can catch a Ret espeically with Icy Touch glyph taking Freedom off.

I've actually sat through a Fury Warrior burst doing nothing, and then when I got to around 20%, I went into "livelord mode" and outhealed a FURY Warrior that still had 10 seconds of Avatar left while still getting SD procs. DK's don't even need to use Icebound for defensive purposes because Pillar of Frost is the best defensive cd for the class as it ridiculously increases the healing gained by Death Siphon.

The only thing I can see happening when a skill capped Ret faces a skill capped DK is that the duel lasts a half an hour with the DK eventually wearing the Ret down and winning. There's only so many gimmicks the Ret has before the DK gets lucky and snags a HoJ or freedom with Dark Sim to ultimately tip the balance of the game. The DK has a literal endless healing resource system that just doesn't wear down where as the Ret will run out and will die.
    But the downside is that the ret must be in melee range for the dk to heal himself and a ret with freedom/long arm of the law/judgement slow can just kite a dk to death with judge/exo/final verdict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorianus View Post
    But the downside is that the ret must be in melee range for the dk to heal himself and a ret with freedom/long arm of the law/judgement slow can just kite a dk to death with judge/exo/final verdict.
    Ummm Death Siphon is ranged.

Ret can't kite DK forever. The DK will get uptime.

I usually don't like linking random videos but this video should show some of you how ridiculous DK healing is. The DK in the video isn't even that amazing, he makes small mistakes like sitting with 100 runic cap for no reason yet he's still able to survive through any kind of burst thrown at him. The Ret in this video isn't that good but still the DK was at 10% and the Ret couldn't finish him off. This DK even kills a Balance Druid that serverly outplays him and should've won but again, DK is DK and it doesn't matter how bad you are, you are destined to win as long as you know how to play the rune mini game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Ummm Death Siphon is ranged.

Ret can't kite DK forever. The DK will get uptime.

I usually don't like linking random videos but this video should show some of you how ridiculous DK healing is. The DK in the video isn't even that amazing, he makes small mistakes like sitting with 100 runic cap for no reason yet he's still able to survive through any kind of burst thrown at him. The Ret in this video isn't that good but still the DK was at 10% and the Ret couldn't finish him off. This DK even kills a Balance Druid that serverly outplays him and should've won but again, DK is DK and it doesn't matter how bad you are, you are destined to win as long as you know how to play the rune mini game.

Please dont post this video again, ppl in it are terrible, i stopped watching it after I saw Ret's game play. That Ret is a pver not a pvper. u should never lose to DK as ret when DK's hp is that low and u have ur burst up and its on open, hence DK cant LOS ur burst in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Monk and Balance Druid weren't bad.

That video is just to highlight how stupid DK healing is.

This is highly dependant on your and your opponent's skill.
    If you are way more skilled than the avarage ret, you would allready know the answer to each encounter.

Also, atm, depends on luck.

Madness will consume you!!!