Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Clearing BoT, BWD, And Firelands every week on 25HC will yield about 4-5k per character. 125g plus 5-9 loot drops per boss. I do this weekly on two hunters and a feral druid in addition to garrison stuff. DS is profitable too, but takes too long to be efficient imo. Avoid Conclave, it is less proftable than running Vanilla 5mans.

[Edit] Been doing this for ages and i still dont have Rag's mount. Yay RNG.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-12-07 at 04:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already gave an answer, but maybe this topic can be interesting : https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/..._daily_stably/

Old raid is not the most effective way. It is the most effective way to get very little gold quickly, but nowhere near what's needed to get one or more tcg mounts. AH allow you to gain way, way more, while playing passively (ie, you can watch a movie or browse Internet while doing the AH, just get back in the game to repost undercut auctions, the money will flow in as soon as items are posted on the AH).

With a single old raid run you make around 1.4k gold daily for 2h played weekly. Which is 700 GPH (gold per hour). It is very bad, and your time deserve something better. Even if you consider 8k gold per 2 hour, it's still 4k GPH, which is also low comparing to the AH earnings. With AH, the only limit to your earnings is how clever you are.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2015-12-07 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Already gave an answer, but maybe this topic can be interesting : https://www.reddit.com/r/woweconomy/..._daily_stably/

Old raid is not the most effective way. It is the most effective way to get very little gold quickly, but nowhere near what's needed to get one or more tcg mounts. AH allow you to gain way, way more, while playing passively (ie, you can watch a movie or browse Internet while doing the AH, just get back in the game to repost undercut auctions, the money will flow in as soon as items are posted on the AH).

With a single old raid run you make around 1.4k gold daily for 2h played weekly. Which is 700 GPH (gold per hour). It is very bad, and your time deserve something better. Even if you consider 8k gold per 2 hour, it's still 4k GPH, which is also low comparing to the AH earnings. With AH, the only limit to your earnings is how clever you are.
    It doesn't take 2 hours to run a Cata 25Heroic raid anymore, even on lower geared 100s it can barely take 1 hour. On all my decent to very good geared characters I can run through DS in about 25-30 minutes if I don't have to AFK for anything. DS or Firelands is going to get you bare minimum 2.2-2.3k and if you get lucky on trinkets/weapons it climbs up to 3k. BWD can be the same as well depending on the luck of drops but I'm making over 20k a week doing DS runs for mounts plus one lone Firelands so I can get the Druid toy. That's on top of all the passive gold from garrison missions, shipyards, JC and Scribe shack from 11 100s.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    It doesn't take 2 hours to run a Cata 25Heroic raid anymore, even on lower geared 100s it can barely take 1 hour. On all my decent to very good geared characters I can run through DS in about 25-30 minutes if I don't have to AFK for anything. DS or Firelands is going to get you bare minimum 2.2-2.3k and if you get lucky on trinkets/weapons it climbs up to 3k. BWD can be the same as well depending on the luck of drops but I'm making over 20k a week doing DS runs for mounts plus one lone Firelands so I can get the Druid toy. That's on top of all the passive gold from garrison missions, shipyards, JC and Scribe shack from 11 100s.
    1h per character per week for the cata raids giving 6k gold is giving you 860g per day max per character for an hour of play (you can't do anything else outside maybe listening music). 2 hours is giving you double, etc. 1 hour of well thought auction house can give you 10 times this while you're not required to play 100% of the time. Sure it requires efforts to set up the add ons, but it's worth it.

Old raid is a very nice burst of gold if you're looking for starting capital but the time required is not worth it if you just want to get gold as fast as possible. It's long, you need a lot of alts and the weekly limit will be a very huge barrier.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2015-12-08 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    1h per character per week for the cata raids giving 6k gold is giving you 860g per day max per character for an hour of play (you can't do anything else outside maybe listening music). 2 hours is giving you double, etc. 1 hour of well thought auction house can give you 10 times this while you're not required to play 100% of the time. Sure it requires efforts to set up the add ons, but it's worth it.

Old raid is a very nice burst of gold if you're looking for starting capital but the time required is not worth it if you just want to get gold as fast as possible. It's long, you need a lot of alts and the weekly limit will be a very huge barrier.
    Some aren't getting what you are saying it seems.
    Yes one can make decent gold farming old raids.
    But, you need multiple alts that are capable of clearing them(that takes time), you are limited to one clear per toon a week( that limits your gold making), thier is a travel time and time it takes to clear them( that again cuts into ones gold making) and finally it can get very repetitive( which makes people stop doing it all together or limit the amount of alts one can stand to run it on again cutting into gold making).

The ah with a few addons and some research can be done on one toon, makes more gold, less total concentration, and less time.

So if one wants to maximize thier gold making the ah is the way to go.
    Ah might not be for all and some might prefer old raid farming but it is the best way plain and simple.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Herp! Just do Ah for infinite gold!

Yeah, it doesnt work that way. You act as if there is nobody else trying to work the Ah as well. If you can find a niche to fill with adequate demand for for turning a profit then more power to you. But not every Ah on every server is going to provide a return on time investment. Clearing old instances is guaranteed profit. Admittedly, the profit potential is far lower than what is possible on the Ah, but do not roll in here acting like you are a multimillionaire just from casually spending 15 mins a day on the Ah because you are full of shit.

Back in Cata i absolutely dominated my servers gem trade (pre prospecting nerf) and it took a lot of effort. I used to get hate mail. People would send me tells spewing the most vile shit you can imagine. If you want to own a market you must be prepared to engage in legit market PvP with every other would be competitor. And that means you must fight the repost fight, which requires a lot of attention. In the end i was gold capped on numerous characters, but the tedium and aggravation are not worth it.

Running through instances for gold+loot+achieves is far more relaxed. And you dont have to wonder if some cunt is going to undercut you by 40% because he doesnt know how the Ah works and just wants to be at the front of the line.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-12-09 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Back in Cata i absolutely dominated my servers gem trade (pre prospecting nerf) and it took a lot of effort. I used to get hate mail. People would send me tells spewing the most vile shit you can imagine. If you want to own a market you must be prepared to engage in legit market PvP with every other would be competitor. And that means you must fight the repost fight, which requires a lot of attention. In the end i was gold capped on numerous characters, but the tedium and aggravation are not worth it.
    Which to me is the most obnoxious part. I did JC shit in MoP for like a week or two and the sheer amount of relisting and all the bullshit it took to stay competitive just wasn't worth it. Not to mention you're fighting bots who literally sit there all day for weeks on end since Blizzard loves to let shit ruin the economy for four months before banning them and yeah. I'll stick to my lesser income with old raids and garrisons. I can't even spend the two gold caps I have now.. having even more gold at this point is almost pointless to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need a niche. Just work with every single BoE in game (set yourself a limit, like don't deal with item giving less than 1k profit). The more different items you sell, the more profit. Most effective way is buying whatever is worth something when it's low, because farming is often not worth it. Farming means you miss great sniper opportunities every second you're not on the ah. You can make gold on all realms but some are harder to work with. Outland on EU is hard to start on, and very low pop realm doesn't compare to high pop realms for gold making.
    If you're a smart gobelin, there is no reason why you can't have a good piece of the cake. If you're the smartest and you are willing to put time, that's how you get millionaire.

To deal with the undercutting problem, find a high pop realm that is not the highest pop realm, and do some flipping (basically mog/rare plans market). Then undercut every 3 hours.

AH is the best way to make gold, that absolutely does not mean you earn millions doing nothing. Personally I think you should spend at least 2 to 3 hours per day to have decent high profit. You can browse while you do this by undercutting every 3 hours once you're done with your posting. But once all is set up, you can some days spend 20-30 min a day and get a lot of gold. It never happens if you don't put effort to earn your gold.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2015-12-09 at 03:10 PM.