Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account

Horde Faction Swapping for Legion A->H

Hey all,

With the upcoming changes in pvp with Legion, I was curious if people were planning on moving/leveling back to the Horde based on enjoying that side more rather than worrying about being completely optimal with racial buffs/nerfs. Every night that I log in, my finger is always hovering over the server/faction transfer option in the shop (I have 3-4 chars I cannot leave behind and re-roll), but I chicken out thinking that Legion may be completely lopsided in the pvp population again (because it is relatively expensive to keep changing), so moving to the Horde would result in getting trucked and not having many people to queue bgs and arenas with.

I think this decision would be easier for me if my old friends, guildmates and arena partners still had active subs, but I'm basically a solo old guy now seeking the expert advice of the MMOC pvp community! I know Legion is months away and a lot can change before launch, so I pose my question looking strictly at your love for the Horde or Alliance.

Thanks,

Doez

A very strange question indeed.

If you're a pro you will play the side which has bigger advantages, even if those advantages are like +0.01% of stat value.
    If you're a casual squirrel kisser you will be playing what you like more.

That two lines are quite enough to decide.

Also, my personal opinion on the matter of HvsA (based on anecdotal evidence): when you're young and hipster, you prefer Horde, because rawr for blood and honour rawr we stand against everyone rawr rawr rawr. When you grow up, you switch to Alliance - just like you stop smoking <censored>, drinking like a russian alcoholic and fucking anything that moves when you grow up (some happy personas never grow up and never cease to do that kinds of activity though, cheers to them). That was natural, happened to me and to lots of my ingame and irl friends who play the game. One day you simply feel like you had just enough of horde and reroll. Like that. I will never reroll my main back to Horde, no matter how uber their racials are.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I actually was just wondering this same questions myself. I was on the 2v2 and 3v3 ladders and I haven't noticed in so long how over populated the Alliance is on the ladders. Its not even just Human, its every Alliance Race TBH with very very few Horde scattered among all the a pages.

This really should be addressed because obviously not every alliance Race is better then ALL Horde Races...

The reason I was on this ladder is I was thinking about bringing my DK back to life but he is a BE...so fuck me right?

IIRC Holinka said somewhere that their plan to balance the Factions in legion will be to make all Arena and RBG titles Cutoffs factionwide.
    That would mean that the lowest Horde Gladiator spot is way lower than the Alliance one (in the current situation) this would lead to alot of transfers of alot of highrated poeple that try to get titles.
    They hope Factions will balance themselves again with that System.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapocalypse View Post
    IIRC Holinka said somewhere that their plan to balance the Factions in legion will be to make all Arena and RBG titles Cutoffs factionwide.
    That would mean that the lowest Horde Gladiator spot is way lower than the Alliance one (in the current situation) this would lead to alot of transfers of alot of highrated poeple that try to get titles.
    They hope Factions will balance themselves again with that System.
    Thats pretty interesting move. So basically you will be competing within your own faction for the top title ans spots rather then being in one super group.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    A very strange question indeed.

If you're a pro you will play the side which has bigger advantages, even if those advantages are like +0.01% of stat value.
    If you're a casual squirrel kisser you will be playing what you like more.

That two lines are quite enough to decide.

Also, my personal opinion on the matter of HvsA (based on anecdotal evidence): when you're young and hipster, you prefer Horde, because rawr for blood and honour rawr we stand against everyone rawr rawr rawr. When you grow up, you switch to Alliance - just like you stop smoking <censored>, drinking like a russian alcoholic and fucking anything that moves when you grow up (some happy personas never grow up and never cease to do that kinds of activity though, cheers to them). That was natural, happened to me and to lots of my ingame and irl friends who play the game. One day you simply feel like you had just enough of horde and reroll. Like that. I will never reroll my main back to Horde, no matter how uber their racials are.
    First, thanks for your opinion. Back in the day, I sorta shared your observations with the HvA, but in the opposite fashion. It seemed like the Horde were the old farts, and the Alliance were populated with the younger people. But with all of the server and faction transfers over the years, both sides appear to be the equal in that regard, but are now highly separated due to Alliance racials favoring pvp, and Horde racials favoring pve. The age or maturity thing isn't in my radar anymore, and certainly not a factor for me moving forward. My friends didn't give up on a faction, they all quit in MoP never to return.

The reason I posed the question is because I'd like to raid again in the future, and there are a lot of Horde guilds that run late night EST events, but having a horrific pvp scene would ruin it for me. The uncertainty will most likely keep me permanently grounded on Sargeras.