Single Minded Fury

So i've posted on the official forums already looking for the opinions of my fellow warriors but to my suprise nobody is as raging about this as me. I've been playing the game since vanilla, I raided MC/BWL/AQ40 as a fury warrior back in the day and have always used one handed weapons. To me, the class fantasy of a fury warrior is attacking quickly and generating buckets of rage, constantly being enraged and having rage to spend. Titan's Grip only popped up in Wrath and it's something i've always hated, it looks ridiculous in my opinion, and i dislike the 3.6 auto attack speed. I don't understand why Blizzard keeps removing choice from the game, as if any kind of choice is a bad thing, the game lost it's RPG half of the MMORPG years ago but this is starting to get silly now. I've been playing Fury for 10 years and I feel like they are just slapping me in the face and telling me to go play a frost DK if I want to duel wield one handers... Why blizzard why?

Does anyone else feel my pain?

I used to love 1 handed fury and I was ever so pained when they took it's viability away. Even after SMF was brought in it still took a while for it to be viable. If I didn't prefer arms I would be annoyed about about the loss of SMF. I don't know if it's easier from a balancing perspective to only have one or the other.

Anyhow warrior class fantasy: weapon masters that can only use 2H swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Anyhow warrior class fantasy: weapon masters that can only use 2H swords.
    Isnt that ironic?

Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    So i've posted on the official forums already looking for the opinions of my fellow warriors but to my suprise nobody is as raging about this as me. I've been playing the game since vanilla, I raided MC/BWL/AQ40 as a fury warrior back in the day and have always used one handed weapons. To me, the class fantasy of a fury warrior is attacking quickly and generating buckets of rage, constantly being enraged and having rage to spend. Titan's Grip only popped up in Wrath and it's something i've always hated, it looks ridiculous in my opinion, and i dislike the 3.6 auto attack speed. I don't understand why Blizzard keeps removing choice from the game, as if any kind of choice is a bad thing, the game lost it's RPG half of the MMORPG years ago but this is starting to get silly now. I've been playing Fury for 10 years and I feel like they are just slapping me in the face and telling me to go play a frost DK if I want to duel wield one handers... Why blizzard why?

1. Early testing so far indicates that Fury will be attacking crazy fast, due to talents and the artifacts. So don't be worried about feeling like you are slow.

2. It's too late to really do anything about it, no matter what anyone feels. You're not the only one who wants to stick with 1-handers, but it is what it is.

I'm with you. I rolled a warrior to dual wield 1 handers. I'll never forget mainhanding that perdition's blade, and offhanding that corehound tooth, and literally wrecking shit in BWL. If you remember back then, people hated the idea of dps warriors. Warriors were tanks, Druids were healers, etc etc.

Well dual wielding daggers proved that you could top meters, and that the spec was viable. I felt like a pioneer, it was a very special time in WoW for me.

Every RPG I've ever played that has let me be a dual wielding plate wearer, that's what I've done. For me, the idea of a merciless death machine, just a whir of slashes and piercings, a literal "Plate Blender" is what has always called to me. I loved the idea that enemies were looking at each other in fear as this plate armored warrior destroyed everything around him, just covered in gore and blood of his dead enemies. That's fury to me, that's the class fantasy to me. Enemies looking over and saying "who the fuck is going to stop that thing?!", and allies being scared to be around you when you are raging is the "class fantasy" to me.

Titan's Grip started as a meme. It was a photoshopped talent that made it in later as a real option.

Unfortunately the whining of flavor of the month Titan's Grip players drowned out the cries of the SMF crowd, and thus has killed the option. Arms should be the behemoth with the table sized sword. Fury should be the death grinder machine covered in blood and entrails from all the relentless fast attacking that people flee from.

Ok, I'm going to dive into the way back machine, so please bear with me. :-)

WoW warriors are based off the D2 barbarian.

One of the talents of the D2 barbarian is Titan's Grip.

It was implemented in the BC alpha but they couldn't figure out how to really balance it so decided to scrap it.

Came back for the LK beta, multiple iterations and balances made - even slower attack speed, damage debuff, etc.

My point being that TG hasn't been lurking in the shadows or anything, it's always been pretty heavily requested and it's a great way to make warriors really stand out versus other DW classes like Frost DKs, Enhancement Shaman and most importantly the now Outlaw rogues since they do the whole DW swords/maces/axes for physical damage thing.

Beyond that to just address the wild crazy speed of SMF, we're getting that in Legion provided there's not too many super huge changes between alpha and live.

They are really trying for a fast attacking reckless berserker motif and with a proper talent load-out you can be auto-attacking 100% faster while enraged, then have an additional 50% haste on top of that, then figure in say 20% more haste from talents. All of which will bring your auto-attack speed from 3.6 to 1.8, then to 1.26s. It'll also make Rampage drop from a 2s channel cast to a 1.4s cast which could be a big problem since it'll clip the GCD so we'll want to probably drop a talent if we're hitting that far.

Anyway, for an idea of the speed and just feel I'd say check out this video:

NOT SAFE FOR WORK LANGUAGE

It gives a nice full rundown of the spec as it currently exists on Alpha and you really get the feel for it as hard, fast and beautifully brutal. :-)

I'm way more excited for Fury than any other spec or class I've seen so far. They are really hitting the theme spot on and it seems to play a lot smoother than say Prot which has a very slow rage income in most of the videos I've seen.

Yeah I have always used 1h swords/fists on my warrior. Just felt it was more fitting. Though fury animations do look fantastic and they do attack faster, its still noticeable that you're using two 2h weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Though fury animations do look fantastic and they do attack faster, its still noticeable that you're using two 2h weapons.
    Also your transmog options are fixed to two-handers now which is sad. There are beautiful 1h weapons out there.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

I raided MC/BWL/AQ40 as a fury warrior back in the day and have always used one handed weapons. To me, that was never the class fantasy of a Fury Warrior. I felt more like a rogue in plate than a warrior, especially considering that I was wielding a dagger in my Off-Hand.
    Then they introduced TG and finally i really became a Fury warrior! I'm glad that Blizzard agrees with me.

I dont. <3 TG

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    WoW warriors are based off the D2 barbarian.

One of the talents of the D2 barbarian is Titan's Grip.
    Not correct, there is no such skill in the Barbarian skill tree.

I'm with you. I rolled a warrior to dual wield 1 handers. I'll never forget mainhanding that perdition's blade, and offhanding that corehound tooth, and literally wrecking shit in BWL.
    All the rogues in the guild must have hated you. :P (at least the ones playing combat dagger or Seal fate)

On topic, I loved fury while leveling my dwarf warrior back in tbc. Heck I even tanked in that spec while leveling.
    Even got Dragonstrike for even more crazy attack speed back then.

Single-minded fury will be missed.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, Gladiator here, my specs being killed off in Legion too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perudo View Post
    Last time i played diablo 2 Barbarians could dual wield two handed weapons. (maybe just 2h swords and no axe/maces/polearms? it's been a while. there is definitely a weapon set just for barbarians thats 2 2h swords tho. bul'kathos children orsomething)

Anyways, i think the best thing you guys can do is ask blizzard to allow you to transmog your artifact to one handed weapons. People at large seem to prefer Titans Grip so it's probably not going away, and changing a few transmog flags is a not-time consuming compromise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yup, Gladiator here, my specs being killed off in Legion too
    I secretly wish they would implement javelins/one handed spears to the game just so gladiators could really go all Leonidas/hoplite :P
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2015-12-10 at 04:52 PM.

I also had a Perds for a while, it dropped every week, and the rogues all had it. Also DBs off Onyxia. Was cool when BWL trash was vulnerable to Fire or Shadow damage for bigger procs.

At any rate, the whining about being slower is a load of bologna. You will be attacking faster than current SMF warriors in legion. So cut that out, the only critique really is not getting to see 1hs on your warrior. There are smaller 2hs you could mog to, but sure, you could be irritated with that.

TG or SMF do not break class fantasy. 30% more damage taken though... let's not get started on that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Perudo View Post

All the rogues in the guild must have hated you. :P (at least the ones playing combat dagger or Seal fate)

On topic, I loved fury while leveling my dwarf warrior back in tbc. Heck I even tanked in that spec while leveling.
    Even got Dragonstrike for even more crazy attack speed back then.

Single-minded fury will be missed.
    Sorry, I misspoke, however from: http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Two-handed

"In Diablo II, all two-handed swords may be used in one hand by Barbarians, effectively allowing them to wield two of those weapons at the same time. They suffer from dealing reduced damage, along with the item's (usually) slower attack speed, however. "

Point being that WoW has very deep roots in D2 with many plundered abilities and the ability to DW 2Handers was requested in vanilla and BC.