Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    @Artorius

Drop in a step higher PSU if he intends to OC properly for safety margin, 750W should be good.
    Might as well drop in a Caviar Black 1TB for the money (difference isn't huge and it does gain sustained burst/warranty)
    Case upgrade to Define R5 (deffo the smoother case to have) along with another Fractal Design GP-14 fan in front.

Personal preferences:
    Would prefer an ASUS Mobo as well as a Crucial MX200 for this guy.. but that's purely preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    @Artorius

Drop in a step higher PSU if he intends to OC properly for safety margin, 750W should be good.
    Might as well drop in a Caviar Black 1TB for the money (difference isn't huge and it does gain sustained burst/warranty)
    Case upgrade to Define R5 (deffo the smoother case to have) along with another Fractal Design GP-14 fan in front.

Personal preferences:
    Would prefer an ASUS Mobo as well as a Crucial MX200 for this guy.. but that's purely preference.
    WooT this is getting good!

Bump for Final Build? Could I get a Final Build list?

15+ Year Old Account
    Since I suck @ US prices and partpicker stuff here's a list modified to what I'd take.
    It's "slightly" over budget though, I didn't realize some stuff was more expensive than expected.
    (Like ASUS Mobos)
    Last edited by Evildeffy; 2015-12-07 at 10:17 PM.

@evildeffy Thank You! It actually came out to 1429$ when I clicked the link. Must be different conversion or shipping idk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anavrinx View Post
    @evildeffy Thank You! It actually came out to 1429$ when I clicked the link. Must be different conversion or shipping idk.
    Cause Evildeffy's list shown is modified, while clicking the link comes Artorius list. Check ssd, mobo, hdd, case, psu are all different.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you can make it a "little better":

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor ($372.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler ($59.90 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard ($213.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($77.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.98 @ OutletPC)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro M ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit) ($89.88 @ OutletPC)
    Monitor: Dell U2414H 60Hz 23.8" Monitor ($229.95 @ B&H)
    Monitor: Dell U2414H 60Hz 23.8" Monitor ($229.95 @ B&H)
    Total: $1569.59
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-08 05:21 EST-0500

15+ Year Old Account
    What Kostattoo said, I did specify I suck @ partpicker stuff so I manually edited the list.
    The total price is what I came out to.

@Kostattoo
    I put in the more premium bits because of the work he'll be doing regarding video editing and whatnot. (Caviar Black)
    That and I have a preference for ASUS/Gigabyte (in that order) for Mobos and at the same time Crucial instead of Samsung.

The PSU was kinda safety margin, I still believe that's better off going to 750W for overclocking and possible future graphics upgrade if he's so inclined.

RAM I left Artorius, my personal preference will almost always be Crucial but every brand will work really.
    Dark Rock is cool beans, that'll work nicely as well as the Phanteks case.. so that's good stuff.

Deleted
    I put in the more premium bits because of the work he'll be doing regarding video editing and whatnot. (Caviar Black)
    Yeah can do that but was looking to reduce the cost a bit thus..

That and I have a preference for ASUS/Gigabyte (in that order) for Mobos and at the same time Crucial instead of Samsung.
    Agreed but have seen that Asrock being used a lot and generally has good reviews and for the price seemed a good alternative. Can't go wrong really with either.

The PSU was kinda safety margin, I still believe that's better off going to 750W for overclocking and possible future graphics upgrade if he's so inclined.
    Unless he runs xfire/sli i think 650w should be ok, saw the price on that seasonic so went for it really.

RAM I left Artorius, my personal preference will almost always be Crucial but every brand will work really.
    Dark Rock is cool beans, that'll work nicely as well as the Phanteks case.. so that's good stuff.
    I try to avoid high profile ram in general. It limits cpu cooler options even if someone does custom loop, can change his/her mind later on. As for DR3 i think a cpu like that needs something better than pure rock, especially with a mild overclock in mind.

All in all i tried to alocate the budget as per usual of what i think its "more important" to gain more overall. Ie the evo ssd is cheaper atm which being as good if not better than the crucial. Cutting the WD black for blue to put money on the cooler etc.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-12-08 at 01:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I put the pure rock because I assumed that he won't try to OC. With OC then yeah, dark rock 3 is a better option.

About SSDs I'd stick with Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Agreed but have seen that Asrock being used a lot and generally has good reviews and for the price seemed a good alternative. Can't go wrong really with either.
    ASRock boards are great. Years ago they used to suck but they make great quality boards. I have one, with a good OC. My wife has one, that also holds a good OC. My best friend has one that has an even better OC. The local shop I sometimes use here actually really pushes ASRock over other brands as well. They put them in all types of systems and do not have problems. They are a bit cheaper but the quality and features are there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah can do that but was looking to reduce the cost a bit thus..
    Normally I'd agree but I think this guy could go for the slightly more premium stuff, the HDD is rather impactful with video recording and editing.
    Hence why I went for it, and if Anavrinx would confirm my suspicion on this .. would be good.

Maybe so but having half an eye for previous (even recent experiences) as well as electrical engineering knowledge (ever so lightly) I can tell you that whilst ASRock delivers the features the general quality on boards is noticably in favour of ASUS/GigaByte.. (Although GigaByte's revision shenanigans is on another level of lame altogether)

Unless he runs xfire/sli i think 650w should be ok, saw the price on that seasonic so went for it really.
    If it were a normal Skylake build I'd agree but even mild overclocks on Haswell-E literally DOUBLE the TDP of the CPU (also a reason I like to skip ASRock).
    People bitch at the VRMs of AMD mobos and it's inadequacies of them.. how much do you think the Haswell-E VRMs get to endure pain when OCed?

I try to avoid high profile ram in general. It limits cpu cooler options even if someone does custom loop, can change his/her mind later on. As for DR3 i think a cpu like that needs something better than pure rock, especially with a mild overclock in mind.
    Agreed fully. That's why when building DDR3 systems I very much prefer going with Crucial Ballistix Tactical VLP ram.
    Also Crucial builds the ENTIRE damn stick inhouse and has better QA than most companies with a good price is also a major factor.

All in all i tried to alocate the budget as per usual of what i think its "more important" to gain more overall. Ie the evo ssd is cheaper atm which being as good if not better than the crucial. Cutting the WD black for blue to put money on the cooler etc.
    As I said, normally I'd agree (barring pure preference items) but I think Anavrinx will want the better stuff here.

Yeah I kinda of do want the better components for the future. Hence why I am saving my current GPU and saving money there. I dont want to be screwed when I go to Upgrade my GPU next year and cant get the most of out of the supporting components.

I think EvilDeffy you have the right Idea that I am going for...

Also you mention that you want me to confirm something for you as far as the video editing goes or what not?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I kinda of do want the better components for the future. Hence why I am saving my current GPU and saving money there. I dont want to be screwed when I go to Upgrade my GPU next year and cant get the most of out of the supporting components.

I think EvilDeffy you have the right Idea that I am going for...

Also you mention that you want me to confirm something for you as far as the video editing goes or what not?
    Confirm the premium components and going for a slightly better build so stuff like Caviar Black is used etc.
    That's what I meant with that.

DW, you'll get fixed up and you'll get a monstrosity either which way.

10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Confirm the premium components and going for a slightly better build so stuff like Caviar Black is used etc.
    That's what I meant with that.

DW, you'll get fixed up and you'll get a monstrosity either which way.

Yeah man what ever you guys think is best I will trust you with the build.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well personally I'd do the following as an update to what's been shown here.

Grab my build
    Then instead of the RAM and CPU Cooler in my build, replace those with Kostattoo's.

You could ALSO go with his case, depending upon your taste which you prefer.
    The Phanteks is a delight to build in and good quality, but "requires" 2 x 140mm intake fans to be bought seperately.
    (I recommend BeQuiet! Silent Wings 2 PWM with P/N: BL031 if you should decide to pick this option)

The Fractal Design Define R5 is a silenced tower and generally slightly better construction quality, but as you see carries 30 USD more of a pricetag.

Both will do, but it's your preference that is the deciding factor.

I think that's a best mix of both worlds.