Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    kevlar blankets? I want one of those!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus, you'd get to look like superman!
    At 54lbs/24kgs in weight you will look more like Quasimodo.

http://www.bulletproofme.com/Ballistic-Blankets.shtml

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlimeyLimey View Post
    please fucking stop talking about countries you don't fucking live in.
    no.

I'll talk about whatever I fucking like. What kind of fascist are you not to believe in freedom of speech? Isn't that guaranteed by your constitution along with other rights you seem to care so much about....bloody hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It's not wholly a bad idea. We keep fire extinguishers in schools in case of fire, but what measures do we have for shooters besides locked doors?
    Pretty much my sentiments exactly. There's ultimately no reason to decry this (assuming they work).

This is to protect kids from dabris during a tornado or earthquake. Not a goddamn shooting. This shit comes up after every single mass shooting. First off the protection is small, and would be easily removed. Second the coloring is very bright. Which is to show emergency responders "here I am". If it was used in a shooting situation it would say "Here I am shoot me". So yes it is absolutely fucking retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlimeyLimey View Post
    please fucking stop talking about countries you don't fucking live in.
    Somebody is touchy

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is this blanket kept? Somewhere in school or the student has to keep one on themselves? If kept around the school would there be enough for all student regardless where about are they in the school?

I don't think it would work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    This is to protect kids from dabris during a tornado or earthquake. Not a goddamn shooting. This shit comes up after every single mass shooting. First off the protection is small, and would be easily removed. Second the coloring is very bright. Which is to show emergency responders "here I am". If it was used in a shooting situation it would say "Here I am shoot me". So yes it is absolutely fucking retarded.
    I am afraid this is a legit thing.

http://www.bulletblocker.com/bullet-...ck-shield.html

Deleted
    I would not bring a blanket to a gun fight.

Seriously though, will the blankets protect them from the shots? From my meager understanding that if a bullet lands somewhere the area around absorbs the force, what about the body under it? Will it result in bruises and broken bones?? That is my question.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    I would not bring a blanket to a gun fight.

Seriously though, will the blankets protect them from the shots? From my meager understanding that if a bullet lands somewhere the area around absorbs the force, what about the body under it? Will it result in bruises and broken bones?? That is my question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Its a cash grab, nothing more. To stop a rifle round you will need a type 4 plate, to have enough plates to cover even a small child will make the blanket so heavy that the child won't be able to lift it. You could go with the lighter plate with far less protection but whats the point? This is a shameless product cashing in on peoples fear.
    Quoting myself to answer a few off your questions. Yes it could save lives even though broken bones are very possible, it would also weigh around 50lbs meaning it is too heavy for a child to manipulate assuming the blanket intends to stop more than a pea shooter.