View Poll Results: Should semi-automatic weapons be banned in the U.S.?

Voters
74. This poll is closed
  • Yes

32 43.24%
  • No

42 56.76%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    And how many more gun grabbing threads are we going to create
    You guys are pulling out all stops to distract from the fact it was radical Islamic terrorist that committed the mass shooting
    we have a problem with radical Islamic terrorist there is a problem amongst the ranks of Muslims why are we not discussing that problem
    keep on blaming the gun is the same as blaming spoons and forks for obesity and not discussing the problem with the ones that are obsess
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2015-12-06 at 05:16 PM.

all weapons should

OP... semiautomatic weapons aren't even banned in Canada. Stop being a tumblr parrot.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

How do you "ban" ownership of firearms when there's 350 million in circulation?

Are we going to search peoples homes without due process? Probable cause? Without permission?

Who's going to do these searches? We don't have enough police or military to do that, it would take generations.

Genie is out of the bottle.

Deleted

May as well educate a few folks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    You guys are pulling out all stops to distract from the fact it was radical Islamic terrorist that committed the mass shooting
    we have a problem with radical Islamic terrorist there is a problem amongst the ranks of Muslims why are we not discussing that problem
    keep on blaming the gun is the same as blaming knives and forks for obesity and not discussing the problem with the ones that are obsess
    Well you usually start them...

What's to discuss beyond a minority of muslims being nasty?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What exactly are you hunting with a semi-automatic? Dinosaurs?
    We get it, you don't know anything about semi-automatic weapons. Perhaps you'd like to explain, in your clearly anything but expert opinion, what you think the differences are between a semi-auto rifle and a manually cycled one such as a bolt-action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post

May as well educate a few folks.
    Your image is borked.

Also, I'm totally fapping to the FS2000 and the PS90 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    keep on blaming the gun is the same as blaming knives and forks for obesity and not discussing the problem with the ones that are obsess
    Because they are more worried about the right, in principle, than the actual crimes themselves.

Scary.

Quote Originally Posted by ICanHealWithBandaids View Post
    Pretty much this.

Personally I like guns. I enjoy target shooting if I ca afford to do it, since it's damn expensive. That being said, I don't see why we can't have tighter regs on who can own one. There is no reason anyone with mental disorders should be able to own firearms, and some violent criminals should be banned as well. I would go further and argue too for regulations on some ammunition types. No reason civilians need ammo designed for penetrating armor.
    Violent criminals and those with diagnosed violent mental disorder are already banned from own in firearms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    We get it, you don't know anything about semi-automatic weapons. Perhaps you'd like to explain, in your clearly anything but expert opinion, what you think the differences are between a semi-auto rifle and a manually cycled one such as a bolt-action?
    I'm just genuinely curious what you're hunting with some of these OTT guns

On the chance you aren't joking, I'm fairly sure the materials used for 3d printers are not strong enough to be used for firearms, at least not the barrel, firing pin, ect.
    Someone can't use a machining lathe to make a barrel or firing pin?

On a lot of single action rifles a sufficiently skilled shooter can cycle the action in the blink of an eye.

You can also get bottom feeding high capacity magazines for a lot of single action rifles.

You wouldn't accomplish a whole lot there.

Deleted
    no just because a few lunatics have abused them to kill an insignificant number of people (compare it to traffic accident related deaths or drug related deaths and tell me it's not) doesn't mean they should be illegal

fully automatic ones shouldn't be illegal either

it's all just one big appeal to emotion orchestrated by the media, they don't care about numbers, facts or statistics it's all about those feels they know they will cause in an attention starved society
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-12-06 at 05:23 PM.

Criminals that barge into my house?

Clay pidgeons and paper with bullsees on them.

On the chance you aren't joking, I'm fairly sure the materials used for 3d printers are not strong enough to be used for firearms, at least not the barrel, firing pin, ect.
    You should probably search for "fully 3d printed gun" before saying anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    no just because a few lunatics have abused them to kill an insignificant number of people (compare it to traffic accident related deaths or drug related deaths and tell me it's not) doesn't mean they should be illegal

fully automatic ones shouldn't be illegal either
    Most couldn't aford that much ammo anyway

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Because they are more worried about the right, in principle, than the actual crimes themselves.

Scary.
    It's almost like politicians like Barack Obama are bringing up wedge issues for the express purpose of dividing the country immediately following a terrorist attack on US soil. Its bizarre that people don't react to how morally reprehensible this is.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

While I realize that there have been a boatload of dishonest reinterpretations of the Second Amendment, a plain reading of the language in its original context makes it clear that these sorts of bans are plainly unconstitutional. If someone wants to ban a subset of weapons, they should have the courage of their convictions and advocate repealing the Second Amendment rather than making excuses for why it doesn't mean what it says.

I'm at a loss as to what you think makes a semi-automatic rifle unreasonable to use for hunting. You seem to have some incredible disconnect with reality based in part by the fact that you live in a country that has extremely limited access to firearms.

Are you basing your flawed opinion on their appearance? Their "one shot, one trigger pull" functionality? Their ability to carry high capacity magazines?