Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    At least 72 employees at the Department of Homeland Security are listed on the U.S. terrorist watch list, according to a Democratic lawmaker.

Rep. Stephen Lynch (D., Mass.) disclosed that a congressional investigation recently found that at least 72 people working at DHS also “were on the terrorist watch list.”

“Back in August, we did an investigation—the inspector general did—of the Department of Homeland Security, and they had 72 individuals that were on the terrorist watch list that were actually working at the Department of Homeland Security,” Lynch told Boston Public Radio.

“The [former DHS] director had to resign because of that,” he said.

DHS continues to fail inspections aimed at determining the efficiency of its internal safety mechanisms, as well as its efforts to protect the nation.

Lynch referred to a recent report that found the Transportation Security Administration, which is overseen by DHS, failed to stop 95 percent of those who attempted to bring restricted items past airport security.

“We had staffers go into eight different airports to test the department of homeland security screening process at major airports. They had a 95 percent failure rate,” Lynch said. “We had folks—this was a testing exercise, so we had folks going in there with guns on their ankles, and other weapons on their persons, and there was a 95 percent failure rate.”

Lynch said he has “very low confidence” in DHS based on its many failures over the years. For this reason, he voted in favor of recent legislation that will tighten the vetting process for any Syrian refugees applying for asylum in the United States.

“I have very low confidence based on empirical data that we’ve got on the Department of Homeland Security. I think we desperately need another set of eyeballs looking at the vetting process,” he said. “That’s vetting that’s being done at major airports where we have a stationary person coming through a facility, and we’re failing 95 percent of the time.”

“I have even lower confidence that they can conduct the vetting process in places like Jordan, or Belize or on the Syrian border, or in Cairo, or Beirut in any better fashion, especially given the huge volume of applicants we’ve had seeking refugee status,” Lynch said.

http://freebeacon.com/national-secur...st-watch-list/
    so we can trust those 72 DHS employees to keep us safe but cant trust them to own a gun

sounds about right with this administration

10+ Year Old Account
    Every law abiding citizen of appropriate age? Yes.
    The second amendment doesn't discriminate. It doesn't say "Only law abiding citizens should be able to bear arms".
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Yes lets start taking away peoples constitutional rights just from a vague suspicion

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    [B][I][SIZE=7]

I have a feeling the truth isn't anywhere near this statement.
    He said it on this radio show, you can listen to it here: http://wgbhnews.org/post/congressman...rist-watchlist

- - - Updated - - -

The second amendment doesn't discriminate. It doesn't say "Only law abiding citizens should be able to bear arms".
    Personally I think people who paid their debt to society shouldn't be barred from owning a firearm, I was just going on what current law is.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said it on this radio show, you can listen to it here: http://wgbhnews.org/post/congressman...rist-watchlist

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I think people who paid their debt to society shouldn't be barred from owning a firearm, I was just going on what current law is.
    So why are you okay with the government defying the 2nd amendment in denying certain citizens the right, but against being more strict on who's able to get them?

Stumped ya
    Last edited by Seezer; 2015-12-07 at 12:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    I'm sure the typical Jon Stewart viewer believes ISIS goes down to the average Main Street, USA gun store to buy their weapons.
    They can in the US if they've not committed a crime yet, and they probably do. Why ship weapons from the middle east when you can get them at the corner pawn shop?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    They can in the US if they've not committed a crime yet, and they probably do. Why ship weapons from the middle east when you can get them at the corner pawn shop?
    Oh they definitely live in the US, and more come ever day.

I'd be willing to entertain a plan to prevent potential terrorists from buying guns, but the scope would have to be narrow.

And sometimes tells me there would be extreme resistance in said narrowed scope.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Translators, maybe IT people, that kind of thing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

So why are you okay with the government defying the 2nd amendment in denying certain citizens the right, but against being more strict on who's able to get them?

Stumped ya
    I answered your question, you didn't stump anyone. Except maybe yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I answered your question, you didn't stump anyone. Except maybe yourself.
    LOL. You should have just said "nu uh you". You didn't answer my question. You're dodging it. So yeah. I stumped you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    so we can trust those 72 DHS employees to keep us safe but cant trust them to own a gun

sounds about right with this administration
    Yeah, sounds exactly like your motley bunch of extremists to fail to conceive that, you know, janitors and those that do low-level data entry are also considered part of the organization they are working for.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

LOL. You should have just said "nu uh you". You didn't answer my question. You're dodging it. So yeah. I stumped you.
    I answered it, just not the answer you wanted.