Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I unfortunately didn't play in Vanilla, was to into guild wars at the time. I did want the experience so I checked out a vanilla wow server. I will say this now, fuck that, never again, I'm glad I didn't play.

I pretty much go shadow for everything that has mechanics that can screw you over if you're slow on dps.

Besides, if you're soloing old content, wouldn't you want the fastest way possible to kill bosses? I can do a full clear of Ulduar in about 20 minutes. I can't see spamming penance and smite doing all that well on Yogg.

In almost every case where soloing is not trivial at max level, kill speed is more important. It's usually some sort of stacking debuff that will pose a problem rather than raw damage that you take. Shadow will always be like 3x faster.

Deleted

Lets wake up this thread ok?
    e: Normal was just runover, got to get hc save.

Okay, for hc would need some leech to survive, while still 87k dps to beat enrage so kazzak trinket isnt (wasnt, tried) the answer. Maybe i just got to learn h2play now?
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2016-01-26 at 01:29 AM.

Keyboard Turner Tipsy Wizard Gaming's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I concur with most posters, shadow. I love playing my priest as disc but when I'm just soloing content shadow is the way to go.

Well old content I find easier as disc. Holy Nova spam for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    Lets wake up this thread ok?
    e: Normal was just runover, got to get hc save.

Okay, for hc would need some leech to survive, while still 87k dps to beat enrage so kazzak trinket isnt (wasnt, tried) the answer. Maybe i just got to learn h2play now?
    Nice kill! Do you think you can kill other HM/BRF bosses like Tectus or Oregorger?
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

87k dps with kazzak trinket is doable with full raid buffs I'd imagine. Is that cheating? Can you even get full buffs without having the buffers inside with you? (maybe I'm a noob)

If you could somehow survive until the roll phase it should be easy to do oregorger, but surviving till then is questionable for squishier classes. Tectus no way would be my guess. I would love to see more spriest soloing though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxq View Post
    87k dps with kazzak trinket is doable with full raid buffs I'd imagine. Is that cheating? Can you even get full buffs without having the buffers inside with you? (maybe I'm a noob)
    Cant get fully buffed legitmately I had about 70k dps with full haste/crit/ms gear and RoW/MoSD around 735il
    (if i just had ANY leech in gear...)

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    If you could somehow survive until the roll phase it should be easy to do oregorger, but surviving till then is questionable for squishier classes. Tectus no way would be my guess. I would love to see more spriest soloing though
    I was thinking about going disc and spamming CoW for p1, but came back with trash up so gave up for that time. For shadow got to find a way to ignore acid torrent other way. Have to sneak youtube to see how other classes have done it :P
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2016-02-01 at 05:20 PM.

You just need to run inside his hitbox like underneath the model of the boss to completely dodge acid torrent, or is something about that not doable i guess even normal oregorger you aren't gonna take melee hits very well haha? I guess if you are kiting it might get weird. Maybe a line of sight type thing works.

Could definitely do it as disc, would just take way longer I imagine. I did heroic oregorger as guardian took a good 30 mins plus. saw mythic oregorger solo take over 2 hours. Being ranged would only help though I imagine for making the fight go along faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    You just need to run inside his hitbox like underneath the model of the boss to completely dodge acid torrent, or is something about that not doable i guess even normal oregorger you aren't gonna take melee hits very well haha? I guess if you are kiting it might get weird. Maybe a line of sight type thing works.

Could definitely do it as disc, would just take way longer I imagine. I did heroic oregorger as guardian took a good 30 mins plus. saw mythic oregorger solo take over 2 hours. Being ranged would only help though I imagine for making the fight go along faster.
    His melees hit like truck, cant take 3rd hit so got to be careful :P
    e: guise/sf+fade combo could work
    Last edited by mmocc7b0f56dc9; 2016-02-01 at 05:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    His melees hit like truck, cant take 3rd hit so got to be careful :P
    e: guise/sf+fade combo could work
    Bumping this up a bit. hc kromog was rollover after patch.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoJjFF8XYAQp8dq.jpg:large