Disc tier question

If you can drop the 4pc with disc to gain over 10% mastery from other gear is it worth it. Going through some logs I was finding that the extra healing from penance wouldn't really add up to an extra 10% from absorbs and 5% from healing. Not sure if I am missing something or not, any input would be appreciated! Tried posting logs but this is my first post lol.

What do you mean 10% more mastery. You'll still have to drop other secondary stats that way.

From the change in items the adjustments in stats would be:
    +37 Int
    +56 Stam
    - 461 Haste
    - 439 Multistrike
    +308 Cri
    +792 Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Jofiel View Post
    From the change in items the adjustments in stats would be:
    +37 Int
    +56 Stam
    - 461 Haste
    - 439 Multistrike
    +308 Cri
    +792 Mastery
    Applying Red's versatility conversion with my stat weights that's about
    Intellect 1.00 * 37
    + Mastery 0.82 * 792
    - Haste 0.75 * 461
    + CriticalStrike 0.67 *308
    - Multistrike 0.64 * 439
    = 266.09

Conversion to versatility:
    Versatility 266.09/0.64
    = 415.77

1% healing increase per 130 vers rating so:
    415.77/130 = 3.20% increase

I'd stick with 4pc.

Thanks for the response!

While looking at some logs, even at just a flat 3.2% increase to overall healing it comes out to a wash. On a fight where I did over 59 million in healing that would be close to a gain of 1.9 million in extra healing done. In that same fight my 4pc healed for just over 1.9 million healing and had a near 50% overheal. Now I am not saying that some of the gained healing from the verse calc wouldn't be attributing to any overheal however my PW:S overheal is never going to be that high. Not sure if I am oversimplifying a more complicated situation but to me it just seems like the benefit from the raw healing is better than a mechanic you cannot inherently control.