Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account

Donald Trump wants to ban the internet, will ask Bill Gates to ‘close it up’

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-a6764396.html

Donald Trump has called for the internet to be turned off so that children can no longer use it.

The presidential hopeful said that “We’ve got to maybe do something with the internet,” because it was being used to radicalise people. He said that he would “see Bill Gates” so that he could look into “closing it up”.

Speaking at the same event where he called for a “complete shutdown” on Muslims entering the US, Mr Trump laid out a rough plan for stopping the influence of Isis.

Children in America are “watching the internet and they want to be masterminds”, Trump said in a speech.

"We're losing a lot of people because of the internet," Trump said. "We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening.

“We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that internet up in some ways. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people."
    It's amazing how this guy still manages to surprise me over and over again. Would like to hear Bill Gates's reaction to this though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Bill Gates, the CEO of Internet and founder of WWW

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok folks now you know he isn't going to win.

Please tell me this is like an Onion article or something...

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe he was saying we need to block radical websites... But he said it in a convoluted and confused way.

But yeah all of the "Trump says we should shut down the internet" stuff is getting absurd... And I am a Democrat who hates Trump. Give it a rest.

Can someone help me find the video on this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I believe he was saying we need to block radical websites... But he said it in a convoluted and confused way.

But yeah all of the "Trump says we should shut down the internet" stuff is getting absurd... And I am a Democrat who hates Trump. Give it a rest.
    Yes... give the Presidential front runner who publicly speaks out against the 1st Amendment a rest.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

“We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that internet up in some ways. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people."

Oh the lolz...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasolina View Post
    Please tell me this is like an Onion article or something...
    not even the Onion manages to reach the levels of satire that is the reality of Donald Trump.

Interesting how he can skip over the 1st amendment and get right behind then 2nd.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Def need more sources on this

Looks like he said he wanted to close parts of the internet not ban the internet totally 2 different things. I don't agree with what he is saying but you make yourself out as a liar when you exaggerate the truth

http://www.dailydot.com/politics/tru...p-in-some-way/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yes... give the Presidential front runner who publicly speaks out against the 1st Amendment a rest.
    Yes, because a website that encourages people to kill other people should be protected speech.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Def need more sources on this

Seems legit.

http://fortune.com/2015/12/08/donald...ates-internet/

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/08/tech...rump-internet/

He says this stuff because it fires up the people who will vote for him. They see him as 'standing up for them' instead of viewing his policies/stances for what they are: dangerous. I mean the USA has become a wasteland of propaganda that is just there to confuse the masses and sadly it works. They teach you about actual American history in college level courses and you can see how dangerous a lot of the things said/done today are. But sadly the majority don't see it. So we get guys like Trump who have a legitimate chance at becoming president because he has no issue saying the crazy shit the voters want to hear. Don't get me wrong all politicians lie, but Trump is being blatantly honest and up front with what he wants to do instead of saying 'I want to do x' then doing y once in office. Personally I put no stock in political promises or 'plans' since they always do the opposite of what they'll say once in office, but Trump scares me since he probably would do the crazy stuff he spouts off. It doesn't feel like bluster and politicking so much with him as it feels like his actual thoughts, feelings, and plans.

He is talking about shutting down ISIS recruitment parts of the internet, not banning the internet so no it's not legit

Seriously, all the Crazy crap Trump says to make fun of him and people still feel the need to make stuff up. POLITICS

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think Bill Gates controls the internet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    He is talking about shutting down ISIS recruitment parts of the internet, not banning the internet so no it's not legit

Seriously, all the Crazy crap Trump says to make fun of him and people still feel the need to make stuff up. POLITICS
    They still have the deep web and can make more sites if one gets shut down.

Al Gore does, he invented it

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

They still have the deep web and can make more sites if one gets shut down.
    I agree, thats why I don't agree with his statement. But hes an old guy I bet he barley understands how to turn a computer on.

He talked about restricting access to middle eastern based countries and websites...

While I'm not a fan of that you are overreacting he isn't trying to shut down the web....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes, because a website that encourages people to kill other people should be protected speech.
    Indeed they should. Sorry, but protection of speech is not just the stuff you like. It's all or nothing.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

I agree, thats why I don't agree with his statement. But hes an old guy I bet he barley understands how to turn a computer on.
    Alright, at least we agree on that much, however I do see this as a problem. A lot of anti terror laws in the past have not stopped terrorists, but limited the citizens instead.