Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The scary thing is that the average weight for women is 155 pounds.
    That is absolutely insane. I can't believe how far things have come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Overweight is overweight. Let's not squabble over definitions.
    Ehm no? BMI is just a ratio of your body's weight to your height squared, it tells you nothing about how much fat someone has stored in their body. A better indicator would be the waist circumference.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a guideline not a rule. Not to mention I don't believe your assertion of 103 kgs muscle mass.
    I am currently 111 kg. According to BMI, my ideal weight is 146-210 pounds (70-95kg). I can't even fathom 70kg being healthy for me. The whole concept is absurd. Even 95kg would be borderline unhealthy skinny.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    No its not biking in the cold is just not enjoyable.
    I bike, I also live in one of the coldest states in America, so I understand this. Yet, I just got done with an in-house cardio workout. 400cal burn in 30mins average heart rate 162, resting heart rate 49. There is always something you could be doing,
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Diet alone doesn't fix much. Maybe read some information about it ?
    Diet is easily the most important factor to your weight. Its 80% diet, 20% exercise. Trust me. You could sit on your fat ass all day long and lose weight if you ate correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Go walking then. I don't bike when it is below zero either.
    I go walking at least once a day at work when not busy and after work too usually.

It's just not the same as an hour or 2 bike ride.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

and let them destroy society for the rest of us? How does that make sense?
    You believe Wall-E is a true story don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    The scary thing is that the average weight for women is 155 pounds.
    That is absolutely insane. I can't believe how far things have come.
    Depends on height. That's overweight for someone of my height, but that's going to be closer to normal the taller you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Oh really because if the gym close to my house is as like 10 bucks cheaper I would totally.
    Then do it...what's your point? Do it.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    I probably eat worse than most people that are considered overweight, yet my weight never moves. So I see no reason to shame people that are overweight into starving their selves when genetics controls a lot of things as well as the cost of healthy food is crazy sometimes.

Now promoting exercise is always a good thing in almost any case, so that is about the best we can do.
    Genetics will not cause you to be fat. They can make it slightly easier to become overweight, but they are easily overcome. This is easily my most hated excuse. It has no merit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Brazil is full of fat people, they never "destroyed" anything (jokes aside).

How is it immoral to be fat?
    Have you seen the state of Brazil? Rampant corruption and crime. Looks like a lot of destruction if you ask me. Just look at those world cup venues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I am currently 111 kg. According to BMI, my ideal weight is 146-210 pounds (70-95kg). I can't even fathom 70kg being healthy for me. The whole concept is absurd. Even 95kg would be borderline unhealthy skinny.
    'cause BMI was created as a statistical tool in the 1800's and was only intended to make a bell curve of the census data. Why people have latched onto it today is a mystery to me.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Then there's me who wants to lose weight, but i got a trifecta problem, i hurt my big toe so bad i can't walk for more than 10-15 minutes per day, i have to eat certain foods due to having Irritabel bowel syndrome and the kicker is that i have Chron's disease as well, so anything, almost anything, makes me go into extreme pain, i can do 1 thing, swim and i do that when i can afford it, but surprise i can't have a job when i'm sick all the time.

For people being lazy, it's really tough on your mental state to lose health as well, they need encouragement to do so. It's a tough one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You believe Wall-E is a true story don't you?
    Never watched it, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    How is it immoral to be fat?
    Reduced health, imposing objective costs and opportunity costs on society via healthcare, overconsumption, and compensatory mechanisms - not to mention that they generally support unhealthy food industries, which allows them to expand and propagate their shit via advertising.

I don't believe this since you haven't posted any evidence to this. Plus the whole point about being healthy and fit is to you know, not be overweight.
    Agreed. Being constantly active will keep you at an appropriate, healthy weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen the state of Brazil? Rampant corruption and crime. Looks like a lot of destruction if you ask me. Just look at those world cup venues.
    Which is due to corruption and poverty, not weight.

So its all the fat peoples fault? LMAO

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, another Tennaisace thread!

Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Ehm no? BMI is just a ratio of your body's weight to your height squared, it tells you nothing about how much fat someone has stored in their body. A better indicator would be the waist circumference.
    Yeah, according to BMI, I'm nearly obese. According to waist circumference to height ratio, I'm healthy.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!