Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Level 25 PvP pet battles are lame right now...

Half of the matches are nerds with the Graves pet.

Why is that pet even counted a Rare quality? It shouldn't even be Epic quality, that bitch is a LEGENDARY quality pet. It pretty much guarantees to leave your entire pet team over half dead by the time it goes down. It's so stupid. How hasn't it been nerfed yet?

If I come across a team with a Graves pet now I just give up. Enjoy your free 5 minute win because I'll be alt-tabbed watching Youtube vids while you slowly kill me.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    There are always a pet or couple of pets that are OP - the Valk, Murkalot, Death Adder Hatchling ... at least anyone can go great Graves if they want, unlike Murkalot. Its not like Graves is unbeatable. If you run into it that much, then build a team to counter it and enjoy all the victories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Build team that counters Graves
    Play matches
    ????????
    Profit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    There are always a pet or couple of pets that are OP - the Valk, Murkalot, Death Adder Hatchling ... at least anyone can go great Graves if they want, unlike Murkalot. Its not like Graves is unbeatable. If you run into it that much, then build a team to counter it and enjoy all the victories.
    Valks and Death Adders are a joke now if you have the Ghastly Kid with the heal/dispel ability. Murkalot is definitely annoying, but no where near as bad as Graves. Murk teamed up with Graves is GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Build team that counters Graves
    Play matches
    ????????
    Profit
    Please let me know what team that is. And don't say "a team with Graves" because I don't ever intend to buy or play HotS just so I can get an "I WIN" button for WoW pet battles...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Please let me know what team that is. And don't say "a team with Graves" because I don't ever intend to buy or play HotS just so I can get an "I WIN" button for WoW pet battles...
    Depends on the other team members. Straight up against Graves, toads and frogs. Theyd do well against the undead goat, too, but you'd get wrecked if your opponent had a Bone Serpent. Beetles with Sandstorm are another decent option; the 70-pt dmg reduction and 10% miss from Sandstorm blunts AoE attacks, plus critter dmg on undead is always tasty. If you're seeing Mechanical Pandaren Dragons, go Fiendish Imp. Nether Gate Graves, Immolate and fireball will handle MPD.

Re: no HotS = I didnt want to, either, but, after losing too many matches to Graves, I tried HotS. The grind isn't terrible: about 10-15 hours of playtime. For all the time you spend afk'ing and QQ'ing when you face a Graves team, you could get Graves yourself.

Deleted
    Play a heal team - I have graves teams running away from me

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Play a heal team - I have graves teams running away from me
    This if you wanna annoy people and win slowly Something like sunflower, blossoming. magical crawdad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyraat View Post
    Depends on the other team members. Straight up against Graves, toads and frogs. Theyd do well against the undead goat, too, but you'd get wrecked if your opponent had a Bone Serpent. Beetles with Sandstorm are another decent option; the 70-pt dmg reduction and 10% miss from Sandstorm blunts AoE attacks, plus critter dmg on undead is always tasty. If you're seeing Mechanical Pandaren Dragons, go Fiendish Imp. Nether Gate Graves, Immolate and fireball will handle MPD.

Re: no HotS = I didnt want to, either, but, after losing too many matches to Graves, I tried HotS. The grind isn't terrible: about 10-15 hours of playtime. For all the time you spend afk'ing and QQ'ing when you face a Graves team, you could get Graves yourself.
    Problem with that comp is that it'll be weak against anything else. Fiendish Imp is particularly SHIT against Graves because it's a humanoid and all of Grave's abilities do extra damage to him. I can buy 1 round with him, that's about it. Then Graves unleashes shitstorm and gay destruction and the Imp is already nearly dead.

My main team usually consists of these two: Ghastly Kid with the +undead main attack, heal/dispel second and Haunt. I open with him and usually immediately Haunt unless the guy has a pet with a Decoy/Evade mechanic; and Fragment of Anger, which I use as my main DPS pet. He has AoE move and the heavy hitting charge move that can stun and his main attack I use against Mechs.

The 3rd pet is usually more flexible for me. Sometimes I use Terrorclaw hatching, sometimes I use Crusher, sometimes Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, sometimes Bone Serpant and recently tried out Brightpaw. However, Brightpaw has the same flaw that Iron Starlette has, it's too predictable and easily countered by any pet with an evasion/decoy move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    This if you wanna annoy people and win slowly Something like sunflower, blossoming. magical crawdad
    I really hate that comp, but I can beat them with my comp usually. Just takes forever. Also, I don't want to Blizzard store buy Blossoming and I don't have Crawdad.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2015-12-09 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valks and Death Adders are a joke now if you have the Ghastly Kid with the heal/dispel ability. Murkalot is definitely annoying, but no where near as bad as Graves. Murk teamed up with Graves is GG.

I wasn't referring to those other pets being OP now, I'm saying that at one point or another, they were all the OP pet. There's always going to be something.

H/H Bone Serpent, S/S Frostfur Rat, S/S Nightshade Sproutling works decently well for me.

Also, http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/19015752084 has some other good suggestions. Its not an unbeatable pet.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Problem with that comp is that it'll be weak against anything else. Fiendish Imp is particularly SHIT against Graves because it's a humanoid and all of Grave's abilities do extra damage to him. I can buy 1 round with him, that's about it. Then Graves unleashes shitstorm and gay destruction and the Imp is already nearly dead.

My main team usually consists of these two: Ghastly Kid with the +undead main attack, heal/dispel second and Haunt. I open with him and usually immediately Haunt unless the guy has a pet with a Decoy/Evade mechanic; and Fragment of Anger, which I use as my main DPS pet. He has AoE move and the heavy hitting charge move that can stun and his main attack I use against Mechs.

The 3rd pet is usually more flexible for me. Sometimes I use Terrorclaw hatching, sometimes I use Crusher, sometimes Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, sometimes Bone Serpant and recently tried out Brightpaw. However, Brightpaw has the same flaw that Iron Starlette has, it's too predictable and easily countered by any pet with an evasion/decoy move.
    I'd switch to the critter attack for the goat. He becomes lethal against undead. The heal/dispel is as good as Ethereal. I prefer the avoid, but I've run successfully with the heal/dispel, too.

For Ghastly Kid teams, you may want to consider running with a pet that has Consume Corpse. Stitched Pup, Blighthawk, (Graves), Weebomination, and others have it. When your goat Haunts, bring in that pet, take a couple rounds of dmg, use Consume Corpse before Haunt expires. You can do this over and over. Feels like an exploit with how powerful it is.

Terroclaw Hatchling: If you face Graves, start with him. You dont want him sitting on the backline and dropping to under 50% health (and thus losing his racial, which is why he's dangerous.) Alpha Strike, heal, Evasion, Alpha Strike, Alpha Strike, swap out and let him heal on the backline.

Crusher/Ore Eater: Again, start with him when facing Graves. Shell Shield will prevent most/all of Bonestorm's and Grave Destruction's dmg. You need to swap out as soon as Shell Shield expires. Shell Shield, Slam, Acidic Bite, Slam, swap out. You'll take one Bonestorm while on the backline, but you will regen health thanks to Acidic Bite's dot & humanoid racial. Alternatively, you could start with the goat, Haunt on round 1, bring in Crusher, and leave him in until he dies. He'll take 375 on the backline in round 1, but the Haunt dmg should kill Graves the same time as Crusher.

Brightpaw: Yes, he's predictable. So is Graves, who doesnt have an avoidance. You might be able to nuke Graves before he can use a second Bonestorm. I havent tried, but worth a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyraat View Post
    I'd switch to the critter attack for the goat. He becomes lethal against undead. The heal/dispel is as good as Ethereal. I prefer the avoid, but I've run successfully with the heal/dispel, too.

For Ghastly Kid teams, you may want to consider running with a pet that has Consume Corpse. Stitched Pup, Blighthawk, (Graves), Weebomination, and others have it. When your goat Haunts, bring in that pet, take a couple rounds of dmg, use Consume Corpse before Haunt expires. You can do this over and over. Feels like an exploit with how powerful it is.
    Before I continue, let me just say... I pet battle A LOT! In fact, I leveled my Warrior from 90 to 100 JUST ON PET BATTLING! I started pet battling about 3 or 4 months ago and I'm already at around 3k/5k through my win 5k PvP pet battle achievement. I have dual monitors and I pet battle while I do other things on the other monitor.

Yes, my Ghastly Kid has the +undead damage attack, which is the critter attack. It pretty much trivializes Valks. Valks are his bitch as he can dispel their 2 main abilities and hit them back HARD. My Ghastly Kid is mostly used as an utility pet. He easily counters the Water Spirit/Chrom combos (you know, water sets up the 2 traps and then Chrom comes in for the Howling Shout, well, goat just dispels all of that shit off and then Haunt Chrom for EZ damage) Only downside to goat is that his attacks are pretty shit against anything that isn't undead. But he is on my core spot, and he's one of the best support pets out there.

Terroclaw Hatchling: If you face Graves, start with him. You dont want him sitting on the backline and dropping to under 50% health (and thus losing his racial, which is why he's dangerous.) Alpha Strike, heal, Evasion, Alpha Strike, Alpha Strike, swap out and let him heal on the backline.
    Nope, what I do is start with my goat and then immediately Haunt to avoid any of the AoE completely. Then I bring my Terrorclaw and Evade his second one and cast my heal and then switch to Fragment of Anger to dish out the deeps while bird heals the initial AoE damage in back, works well.
    Crusher/Ore Eater: Again, start with him when facing Graves. Shell Shield will prevent most/all of Bonestorm's and Grave Destruction's dmg. You need to swap out as soon as Shell Shield expires. Shell Shield, Slam, Acidic Bite, Slam, swap out. You'll take one Bonestorm while on the backline, but you will regen health thanks to Acidic Bite's dot & humanoid racial. Alternatively, you could start with the goat, Haunt on round 1, bring in Crusher, and leave him in until he dies. He'll take 375 on the backline in round 1, but the Haunt dmg should kill Graves the same time as Crusher.
    Even with him, I start with Goat, especially if target is using multiple undeads. Goat is VERY useful damage vs undead and want him to avoid the initial onslought of DoTs. IF they have the MPD, then I start with my Fragment and start out with the AoE beem blast in hopes to take out Decoy right away. And then hit the MPD with his +mech attack for big damage.
    Brightpaw: Yes, he's predictable. So is Graves, who doesnt have an avoidance. You might be able to nuke Graves before he can use a second Bonestorm. I havent tried, but worth a shot.

Difference being BP attacks 1 target while Graves attacks everyone for 2 rounds. BP is avoidable, a well played Graves there's nothing you can do unless you want to gimp yourself and play full critters with Ghost Wolf's Refuge or something. And then, yes, you could win against Graves, but you'd lose against most other comps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found a comp that can beat most Graves comps. It involves Blossoming Ancient and Teroclaw Hatchling (so their heals can survive the onslaught of AoE).

Chances of winning is GREATLY reduced if that Graves comp comes with a Bone Serpent or any other pet that can cast a weather effect to remove my Sunlight though.

This comp is also weak against pretty much any comp that contains more than one pet that can cast Darkness weather effect. If there's 2 Bone Serpents for instance, then my chances of winning is greatly diminished unless that other guy is a dumbass that I can predict (Teroclaw Evading their Nocturnal Strike, etc).

Teroclaw and BA mesh well together. For one, Tero is a counter for BA's counter (Aquatic pets). Another is that Tero is faster than their annoying MPD that is popular and can defend against those relatively easily (assuming tero remains above 50% hp).

The 3rd pet in the team can be several options. I usually take either Ghost pup for the group heal which heals everyone for almost 400 hp under sunlight and will wreck Graves super fast with its attacks, or my Ghastly Kid which is one of the best utility pets with Haunt and Dispel.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2015-12-23 at 07:46 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    7+ Year Old Account
    Found a comp that can beat most Graves comps. It involves Blossoming Ancient and Teroclaw Hatchling (so their heals can survive the onslaught of AoE).

Chances of winning is GREATLY reduced if that Graves comp comes with a Bone Serpent or any other pet that can cast a weather effect to remove my Sunlight though.

This comp is also weak against pretty much any comp that contains more than one pet that can cast Darkness weather effect. If there's 2 Bone Serpents for instance, then my chances of winning is greatly diminished unless that other guy is a dumbass that I can predict (Teroclaw Evading their Nocturnal Strike, etc).

Teroclaw and BA mesh well together. For one, Tero is a counter for BA's counter (Aquatic pets). Another is that Tero is faster than their annoying MPD that is popular and can defend against those relatively easily (assuming tero remains above 50% hp).

The 3rd pet in the team can be several options. I usually take either Ghost pup for the group heal which heals everyone for almost 400 hp under sunlight and will wreck Graves super fast with its attacks, or my Ghastly Kid which is one of the best utility pets with Haunt and Dispel.
    From my experience, if an opponent is playing with a Graves in his/her roster then they usually start with that battle pet. Servant of Demidos is an excellent choice to counter it, especially if it crits or stuns with Magic Sword or Soulrush respectively. The heal from Siphon Anima also helps to mitigate some of the damage done by Graves from his initial AoE. Servant of Demidos is also a magic type which prevents the battle pet from being one shot by howl bomb type moves.

As you also mentioned, Blossoming Ancient is an excellent counter as well; which I also run in my comp. Another strategy is starting with Lil' Ragnaros and Magma Trap>Sulfuras Smash until dead. Personally I run with these three pets since they all are individually strong battle pets and counter Graves. If you are playing a lot of AoE teams, switch Blossoming Ancient's Regrowth to Autumn Breeze to counteract the AoE damage.
    Last edited by Random010203; 2015-12-23 at 10:22 PM.

If you don't want to play HotS that's your call, but...the game is free to play. You don't have to buy anything if you don't want to.

Deleted
    Dunno if i only encountered bad Players that is using graves - but most of the times i beat Them. Im mainly doing it egen there is bonus/weekly to it.
    I always use pets with cleave, undeads and have 2 with alot of burst. Im never that Good with valk, Even though i Got 3 of Them. (thanks to my wife)

hey guys, could you help me out ? I am total noob with 0 experience with WoW pet battles

the pet battle event started, I thought Id try it out and also do it on a lower level alt so that he gets some EXP also

so I need 3x lvl 25 pets. I have 2 lvl25 upgrade stones from the garrisons (1 was already used on a Fel Pup because puppies are cute). I need you to help me choose which 2 pets to use it on. I dont really want to go and hunt or buy any new pets atm, just want to make the best with what I have atm, then we'll see.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s=is-collected - here are my pets:

1) the Fel Pup is already lvl 25 so I will have to use him regardless.

2) I have the Graves from HotS. Should I use the 2-nd stone to make him lvl 25 ?

3) so if I use the Fel Pup and Graves - which would be the best 3-rd pet from the ones I already have ?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've beaten plenty of Graves teams. I only use Unborn Valk, Anklerender and Crimson Moth.

only way to win vs these cheesy imba teams is to run three healers and take every last second to make your moves, people ff pretty quickly

If anyone needs help with PvP pet battles let me know, I'm pretty invested into them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm terrible at pet PvP, I have a decent amount at 25, some variety at least. I think I'm just crap at comps or very unlucky when I queue. PvP Pet Battles is a great site though, I've had a lot of luck using their suggestions.