Ele sham BOA trinket question

I have recently started doing mythic HFC with my guild. Currently 9/13. Most of them have been using the BOA trinket for demon bosses but say it's not best for every class to use one. So i am wondering if as an Ele sham if i should use it over unblinking gaze?

Not over gaze, but it can beat out the class trinket, especially on somewhat short fights. The best/worst part is that it's an rppm trinket, so you can get lucky and have some pretty extreme uptimes for padding.

Deleted
    The only boss I would switch to BoA trinket over the class trinket, would be fel lord, if you have a burst comp for it, seeing as how some guilds are killing it at 1m 13s and still then, with my 745 class trinket, a fresh flame shock lasts 1m 35s, so I still use it, so I don't need to recast flame shock. I then run with wf & socket Iron Reaver Piston, Council trinket or BoA. The difference doesn't seem to be too great between them. But as soon as you encounter a two target fight, gaze and class trinket is the choice to take.

Most of the Ele Shams on my server used it for M archi too. I used it myself and couldn't be happier. I also had a M UGoS and found it to be worse. Tbh, I'm not quite sure what freddy is talking about when he says it may replace the class trinket? Last i recall, the class trinket is significantly better that UGoS. Binks spread sheet has M UGoS at about 86% of the class trinkets (H) value.
    Last edited by Prankish; 2015-12-11 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prankish View Post
    Most of the Ele Shams on my server used it for M archi too. I used it myself and couldn't be happier. I also had a M UGoS and found it to be worse. Tbh, I'm not quite sure what freddy is talking about when he says it may replace the class trinket? Last i recall, the class trinket is significantly better that UGoS. Binks spread sheet has M UGoS at about 86% of the class trinkets (H) value.
    Dropping the class trinket allows you to swap to storm ele over EF, which can be a huge gain on short fight lengths. That said, after running some new sims, in longer lengths, running the H class trinket over the M UGoS does seem to win out. That's good to know, I'll definitely give it a try next week.

I found that in a 2-3 minute fight UGoS + BoA was about 3k ahead of BoA + Class.
    In a 4-5 minute fight, Class + BoA was about 500 ahead of UGoS + BoA.
    In a 5+ minute fight, Class pulls further ahead the longer it goes.

On two target fights, just running UGoS + Class seems to come out ahead at all fight lengths.

Simc shows about a 30% uptime on the trinket for reference.
    Last edited by freddy090909; 2015-12-11 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    Dropping the class trinket allows you to swap to storm ele over EF, which can be a huge gain on short fight lengths. That said, after running some new sims, in longer lengths, running the H class trinket over the M UGoS does seem to win out. That's good to know, I'll definitely give it a try next week.

I found that in a 2-3 minute fight UGoS + BoA was about 3k ahead of BoA + Class.
    In a 4-5 minute fight, Class + BoA was about 500 ahead of UGoS + BoA.
    In a 5+ minute fight, Class pulls further ahead the longer it goes.

On two target fights, just running UGoS + Class seems to come out ahead at all fight lengths.

Simc shows about a 30% uptime on the trinket for reference.
    Do you think dropping class trinket on my thic gorefiend is worth it, this seems to be a strnage fight to find the answer just because boss is demon but all the adds are undead. Can't figure out whether I should stick with core/gaze or go gaze/orb. (core/orb seemed like the wrong choice due to almost none of the adds being up long enough for core to do much)

Quote Originally Posted by Vaerlyn View Post
    Do you think dropping class trinket on my thic gorefiend is worth it, this seems to be a strnage fight to find the answer just because boss is demon but all the adds are undead. Can't figure out whether I should stick with core/gaze or go gaze/orb. (core/orb seemed like the wrong choice due to almost none of the adds being up long enough for core to do much)
    Gaze would probably win on Gorefiend because it allows you to have an elemental for every feast, as well as the pull. If you are one feasting him, I'm not sure which would be better.