Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it has good beer, good music and bad lighting it's already a nice place.

But my favorite place would be a place with my favorite booze, good music (mostly stoner, grunge or some garage. even some older classic rock/heavy metal) and nice food. Wings, nice portion of fries, stuff like that. Here in São Paulo, Brazil I have a favorite bar that is just that, a pub called Partisan's. Pretty cool place, mimics the characteristc pubs in the UK (underground bar, etc).

Not a big fan of clubs, I only go in clubs if I have friends that REALLY wanna go there or if it's mostly a rock club, that only plays stuff I like haha. Not a big fan of techno clubs, stuff like that. It's hard to explain because I imagine that clubs and bars are completely different in each country.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's really a pretty different class from the gastropub type place. Like I can't stand sports bars.
    If it is a bar, but has good food in quality or/and quantity, I would consider it a barsutrant. So a gastropub or a sports bar are places that are bars, but there is also a lot of food. While they are diff places, they fall under my catch all term.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Best bar I've been to was a wine bar.
    Adjusting OP again.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really a pretty different class from the gastropub type place. Like I can't stand sports bars.
    Well you don't like sports anyways so yeah

Deleted
    This bar, with this band playing this song:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well you don't like sports anyways so yeah
    Yeah. And yet moving images on a screen still distract me so that it's hard for me to be attentive. I'd rather my bar/restaurant experience to be about the people I'm with or the people I meet. That's harder when my lizard brain wants to keep looking one of the 500 TVs only to see more shit I don't care about.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Somewhere that sells Guinness.

Not to fussed about the place, if i'm going out for a drink i want to be able to get my favorite tipple.

Awful story, got invited out to some vodka bar called revolution, asked for Guinness.....no Guinness so the bar man gives me what he thinks is closest to a stout. Turns out to be a fruit lager..... i finish it and i'm unimpressed so i have a pint of Tennents afterward.... Tennents after the fruit lager tasted worse that usual. What i learned was I'm not ever trusting any kind of bar person with recommended drinks and the revolution place was disappointing.

On another note, was out at W'spoons with a friend. Both drinking Guinness the bar lady recommend blackcurrant cordial in the Guinness, i declined however my friend did try it out and she enjoyed, i had a sip and i wasn't fully sold on it.... bit odd but i guess it worked in a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. And yet moving images on a screen still distract me so that it's hard for me to be attentive. I'd rather my bar/restaurant experience to be about the people I'm with or the people I meet. That's harder when my lizard brain wants to keep looking one of the 500 TVs only to see more shit I don't care about.
    I've actually had quite a few convos start because we comment on what is shown. I figure one meets new people the best when one can share mutual interests. For me, that's sports.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually had quite a few convos start because we comment on what is shown. I figure one meets new people the best when one can share mutual interests. For me, that's sports.
    That's fair. But I have no interest in sports, so I'm far more likely to meet people with something interesting to say if I'm not at a sports bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's fair. But I have no interest in sports, so I'm far more likely to meet people with something interesting to say if I'm not at a sports bar.
    True. To each their own! Actually there's a good place near me that's kinda a gastrointestinal... Maybe? The Flying Saucer. Apparantly good food and a large range of beers and stuff

I'll generally just stay home, less nonsense to deal with. But if I'm out, I'd prefer either a hole in the wall or a wine bar. Loud and / or crowded don't interest me.

Candy

Candy

Candy

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh also my fav bar has puppies for people to play with. Drinks + puppies = good night

I drink mostly at home, but places that are more or less Wine Bars but focused on Absinthe and more unknown/rare gem spirits are the few places I'll go if I go out for that reason.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

the snackbar

10+ Year Old Account
    True. To each their own! Actually there's a good place near me that's kinda a gastrointestinal... Maybe? The Flying Saucer. Apparantly good food and a large range of beers and stuff
    The Flying Saucer has a wide range of beers, but it's overpriced and the food is mediocre at best.

There's a place close to me that has a huge range of beers as well, but isn't quite as overpriced, has a nicer atmosphere, and better food. It's called The Hay Merchant.

But honestly, I prefer cocktails to beers anyway, so I'm much more likely to want to go to Beaver's or Anvil Bar and Refuge.

The Spiffy Dapper in Singapore is awesome too, primarily a Gin bar:

Last edited by Reeve; 2015-12-09 at 09:31 PM.

a bar ial
    10 pepperonis

Depends on what i'm in the mood for, if its just to unwind, watch the game, and drink some booze, then I prefer the Hole-in-the-wall local Dive bars personally.

Gasto-pubs are fun at times.

And when I'm out of town, I just go wherever I get recommended

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Experience bar.
    Forever filling it, working towards an irrelevant, ephemeral goal.

I've never had one, but I always wanted to try a What Bar?. Can't be bothered to buy the shirt and pay all that shipping just for a candy bar though.