Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm alergic to some kind of fruits, vegtables and nuts, but only if i eat them raw.
    They give me while eating them and after a very itchy throat, also throught my teeth and alot on my tongue.
    So far doctors have told me to just stay clear of 'em.

What i can't eat.

Fruit:
    Apple, Pare, kiwi, pine apple, peach, strawberry, Apricot, Black berry,
    blue berry, cherry, Melon ( yellow one ), Nectarine, Rasp berry, Star fruit,..

Vegtables:
    Carrot,..

Nuts:
    Hazelnut, Chestnut, Almonds, Walnut, ...

So far this is all of the stuff that i cannot eat RAW, if for example I eat apple cake, i can eat it,
    because it was cooked and the bits that make me alergic magically dissapeared.
    The same is with carrot, I can make an easy salade with carrot if there's a dressing around it, yoghurt sauce for example.
    I'll have to explore more of what kind of food that have the same bits in them that make me alergic to it.

Anyone else with this kind of alergy?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post
    I'm alergic to some kind of fruits, vegtables and nuts, but only if i eat them raw.
    They give me while eating them and after a very itchy throat, also throught my teeth and alot on my tongue.
    You're my nightmare. I have almost all of those ingredients floating around my kitchen, server comes back and gives me the list, and all I can say is uuhhhhhmmm.... All I have in a factory sealed package is shrimp, but all of my equipment has touched everything on that list.

How do you go about it if you eat out?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i have no food allergies so i can eat whatever i want. i bet your all jealous.
    I used to be like that but then cancer happened. Chemo changed a lot of things one of which was the effect of eggs and nuts to my body, now nuts just give me diarrhea and the eggs give me the same plus cramps for the rest of the day. I'm not entirely sure if it's allergies but while it does suck not being able to eat certain foods I didn't eat those particular items very often so it didn't change a whole lot.
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

The only allergy I have is gluten (celiacs), but I'm also type 1 diabetic and lactose intolerant. Needless to say, I need to watch what I eat pretty carefully.

I haven't had celiacs for long and it really sucks. My friends always want me to go out to eat with them, but I hate having to inform the server that I'm allergic to gluten. One, because I've worked in multiple kitchens and know the extra work that goes into keeping things gluten free. And two, there are so many people on gluten free diets now (god knows why anyone would do this willingly) and make such a huge fuss about it that I can't blame servers for being annoyed.

Also to the companies that stuff their meat with wheat, I hate you.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to love Crab as a child. When I became a Teenager I became allergic to it.

was pretty darn sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiandra View Post

What i can't eat.

Fruit:
    Apple, Pare, kiwi, pine apple, peach, strawberry, Apricot, Black berry,
    blue berry, cherry, Melon ( yellow one ), Nectarine, Rasp berry, Star fruit,..

Vegtables:
    Carrot,..

Nuts:
    Hazelnut, Chestnut, Almonds, Walnut, ...

So far this is all of the stuff that i cannot eat RAW, if for example I eat apple cake, i can eat it,
    because it was cooked and the bits that make me alergic magically dissapeared.
    The same is with carrot, I can make an easy salade with carrot if there's a dressing around it, yoghurt sauce for example.
    I'll have to explore more of what kind of food that have the same bits in them that make me alergic to it.

Anyone else with this kind of alergy?

Oral Allergy Syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    The only allergy I have is gluten (celiacs), but I'm also type 1 diabetic and lactose intolerant. Needless to say, I need to watch what I eat pretty carefully.

I haven't had celiacs for long and it really sucks. My friends always want me to go out to eat with them, but I hate having to inform the server that I'm allergic to gluten. One, because I've worked in multiple kitchens and know the extra work that goes into keeping things gluten free. And two, there are so many people on gluten free diets now (god knows why anyone would do this willingly) and make such a huge fuss about it that I can't blame servers for being annoyed.

Also to the companies that stuff their meat with wheat, I hate you.
    Yeah, I'm on the receiving end of your gluten-free request. It throws a wrench into my machine. I'm in the groove, listening to Green Day or something, pumping out orders... and Server walks into my kitchen, "Umm, what can we do gluten free?" First, it fucking says G on the menu because... other things that don't say G? Yeah, I guess the spinach salad no croutons? No, the soup is roux based. No, so is the cheese sauce. And so on.

I'll do whatever it takes, but I'm limited to what's prepped.

I dont love food, i'd prefer never to have to eat but not possible. Only allergies I know of is most fruit stings my mouth and tongue(even banana and pear) and I throw up if I eat kiwi fruit.

apparently the minor fruit allergy is related to hayfever in how the body reacts to the proteins as they are similar to the ones on fruit.

Deleted
    I can't eat corn starch since some years now still miss th popcorn of cource not the salted version you filthy heretics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find it annoying when your doctor is like "Go on this diet due to the fact we found inflamation in your throat to see if it was allergy caused." I couldn't help but think "If I had a food allergy, even a minor one, I'd notice it by now"

Deleted
    I have a lot of food allergies. I check the ingredients on everything I buy, and I cook almost everything at home from scratch. Some restaurant websites now list the ingredients to their meals online as well but imo it should be listed on every menu but of course the fancier restaurants don't want to give their secrets away, then I have to say to the server "I have an allergy to x, is it in this meal?" Often they do not want to guarantee no and risk getting sued if it turned out it was in there Overall it's not that big a challenge to read the label on a packet; but it does mean I don't eat out as much as I'd like to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Often they do not want to guarantee no and risk getting sued if it turned out it was in there Overall it's not that big a challenge to read the label on a packet; but it does mean I don't eat out as much as I'd like to.
    Often?

My restaurant is scratch cooking. The servers don't have any idea what's in my specials unless they were at my cooks' meeting.

Giving secrets away? Heh. Server came back, "do you use onion powder for the chicken fried steak?" Ummm, it's a proprietary blend of flour and seasonings, but I promise there's no onion powder. My entire kitchen was about to die laughing, because we all know it's flour, salt, pepper.

Anyway, most other things I make are going to have some commercially packaged spices. I cannot ever guarantee that the smoked paprika I get from my vendor wasn't exposed to anything you're allergic to, for example. Even though the only ingredient is red pepper.