Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    This post has all of my concerns with OPs concept. Between the endless complaints of the "entitled" and the idea that using the points as a unlock method rather than a currency, it's like they read my mind.

Personally, I feel it should be done not as something bought, but rather unlocked appearances based on total account score. For example, at 1000 points, a full set of each armor type and weapon type would be unlocked. Next set, plus some enchant appearances perhaps, would unlock at the next milestone (maybe 2500). There could even be unlockable visual effects that could be applied to gear slots other than weapons: maybe a glow effect for the head. Obviously, the higher the point value, the more impressive and visually unique the cosmetic unlocks should be.
    You want a raid tier? Because that is how you don't get a raid tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

if you make achieve points a currency then they have to go and try to balance them and make sure every shitter can get them. bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    if you make achieve points a currency then they have to go and try to balance them and make sure every shitter can get them. bad idea.
    If it's all cosmetic and some slight benefits to leveling, whats the issue?

terrible idea, no just no

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    You want a raid tier? Because that is how you don't get a raid tier.
    I dunno, this sounds better than a raid tier to me. So I'm cool with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

The higher your achievements, the more reward you get. Hmmm... could work, kind of makes sense--put time and effort in the game and get rewarded for it. Some achievements are silly though, like killing turkeys in Howling Fjord. o.O

Having people working on cosmetics for such a small audience would just be dumb.

I love the idea but will pretty much never happen, just to much work for to little crowd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Having people working on cosmetics for such a small audience would just be dumb.

I love the idea but will pretty much never happen, just to much work for to little crowd.
    Small audience? Probably a heck of a lot larger than mythic raids, CMs or ranked PvP. And yet those all have people working on cosmetics for them....
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

I hope so, because it gets more and more difficult to get my friends to do anything outside of raiding. If you don't get something, they don't do it. People are lazy and min-maxing. Sometimes they need a little push in the right direction to make them participate in the content.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Maybe have certain achievements unlock access to speficic transmog gear?

Like, for example, instead of having to repeatedly farm ICC over and over and over again to get that pair of gloves to drop, have Earning "Glory of the Icecrown Raider" unlock access to ALL Icecrown related X mog gear?

I think having Glory of the Raider achievements, along with some other basic locks to unlock cosmetic transmog gear for your class from the instance would be pretty cool, personally.

Maybe have to clear a raid on all difficulties + achievements, and then get cosmetic gear for it? Would be a goal for people to push for rather than just running the old raids over and over and over and hoping RNG dropped it.

You could unlock the previous expansions gear when the next expac dropped too, so it would remain more unique during the current content.

I am up for this if the whole achievement points system redesigned to be actual achievements..nothing fun to run around the world and do /love to critters for achievement points...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a cool idea.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

They shouldn't call them points because they aren't treated like points. It's not a currency it's a the sum of all the achievements you earned. That's like trying to buy a cheeseburger with your SAT score.

I don't like the idea. For new players it will seem like an impossible challenge to farm a reward that unlocks at for example 20k achievement points, while long time players will have the reward handed to them for no effort at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I would prefer this method.
    It's honestly the easiest method with the least "problems".
    If you used the points as currency there are some important questions that need to be asked.

Are 100% of available points required to unlock 100% of (insert reward here)? If not, at what point is everything able to be bought? Is 50% of points required to buy everything not enough and does it make they system useless due to the reduction in difficulty of tons of achievements because of blizzards love of seemingly exponential iLVL growth. Do you buy full sets with points or individual pieces.

Of course there are more(and harder) questions but we're also not being paid to see if they're worth being overcome.
    On a final note, the WoW team very "recently" started to remove random currencies and push everything to being bought with gold. Having the number represent your rank which allows you to buy things with gold would be more in line with their recent thought processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    I don't like the idea. For new players it will seem like an impossible challenge to farm a reward that unlocks at for example 20k achievement points, while long time players will have the reward handed to them for no effort at all.
    The effort was put in, it was just over the course of Xyears. It's also important to point out that a side effect of Blizzard pushing tons of catch-up mechanics is that catching up to the point level of veteran players doesn't take Xyears.
    The bottom line is that it's something relatively easy to introduce that can give players something to do in the game. When people say they have nothing to do and others respond with "farm 100% of achievements lolo" it sounds pretty dumb. People don't play games to not get rewards. Achievement farming would be more viable as a retort if it gave reward(s).
    Last edited by Gourmandise; 2015-12-12 at 04:11 AM.

I like this.. but would think it was amazing the more achievements you got the cooler transmog sets.. because if you spent them.. more would come out and you would have to do more "harder" achievements to get them.. if that makes sense

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wanted those points to actually be useful for something, somehow. Epeen comparisons on forums is not really good enough.