Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Don't really have an issue with the hunter set except that lately it seems like the tier designs for the class have gotten a little meh and lazy. Also, does anyone have the name for this set yet, might have overlooked it. Are we not stalking things anymore or is this a preview that Sylvanas will be the next big bad since we'll be hunting her?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    Yeah, definite sylvannas vibe from the mythic version, i guess the rest of the gear is Valeera inspired? It looks awesome either way, i especially like the red/gold two toned version.
    Red/gold is sooo blood elf

For once the hunter tier isn't completely hideous or boring beyond belief, but I admit... it looks a bit like dungeon gear, not raid gear..

Thrall's not going anywhere. There's a picture of him and Aggra standing around in Dalaran which I think is on WoWhead when they were previewing Dalaran. Thrall only gets injured to the point where he can no longer wield Doomhammer so gives it to the player. That doesn't mean he won't be back later with a new weapon (if he decides to pick up a new one). Thrall living is what pisses me off about Varian. The two are mirrors of each other so for Thrall to get a slap on the wrist and live while Varian possibly dies is insulting. If one dies, both should. Hard to say Blizzard doesn't favor the horde when they pull that crap.

But god damn, if Aggra's pregnant AGAIN, that makes at least 3 kids. Those two are moving way too fast. Blizzard might as well make a pregnant model just for Aggra since it seems she's knocked up every time we see her anymore. Seriously, Aggra's turning into a stereotypical 50s housewife: pregnant and barefoot standing in front of a stove while tending to the kids and her husband. >_> Good way for Blizzard to kill a potential strong female character by having her be constantly pregnant and thus unable to fight. You'd think they'd at least have her pregnant every other expansion and not every expansion. Jeez. That's not good for her health, either. Have too many kids close together, she'll basically develop brittle bones and lose her teeth. An enemy can sneeze on her and she'll break a bone. Not like Azeroth has vitamin supplements she can take to hold it off a little. Orc be damned. I doubt they're that different physically from humans where they can have kids back to back with no detriment to the mother. I honestly have to wonder how much research people do at Blizzard because some of the things they do is either questionable or downright stupid.

Hunter set is ... okay, I guess. I haven't liked any of the hunter sets over the years and actually prefer the questing sets to the tier sets. If LFR actually gets any of those T19 recolors, I might use them on my hunter, but since Blizzard keeps treating LFR like crap, I'm not betting on it. Chances are the two mythic sets are for elite PVP and mythic raids, then the other 4 are heroic, normal, the higher tier PvP gear but not elite, and then a recolor exclusive to NPCs ... or are mythic and/or challenge dungeon exclusive. So LFR and honor gear will get something that looks like a quest reward from Elwynn or or something. I'm not looking forward to the LFR armor preview after the crap sets LFR got in WoD. Blizzard may as well recolor piles of crap and use those for LFR at this point. The LFR sets in WoD also got reused everywhere. Grandiose tokens (but not formidable), baleful tokens, HM gear, and BRF gear all use the same models. They got old before BRF even came out. To say I'm tired of spikes and claws are an understatement, and I'm not happy to see even more pop up on Legion gear. While the hunter set doesn't seem to have any, other sets do.

I do agree with the other comments that the sets should be shown on other races. Or have a model viewer where we can select who we want to view the set on. I don't play males so would be nice to see the set on females. My hunter particularly is a blood elf so I'd rather see the set on that than on a human male. Males sometimes don't show things that the female armor does (such as whether or not the chest is a tank top or something).

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    [spoiler] Thrall living is what pisses me off about Varian. The two are mirrors of each other .
    False, Varian counter part is Garrosh. Varian lore may be the same as Thrall's but bringing him back was to make him the opposite of Garrosh kinda like Admiral Taylor and Nazgrim were pushed at the same time. Both Garrosh and Varian were push at about the same time to promote Alliance vs Horde, and if any indication of Admiral Taylor and Nazgrim is like Varian and Garrosh, when ones dies the other is set to follow. Even tho Thrall and Anduin don't have the same background, one can say Thrall and Anduin are closer than Varian and Thrall, as both Thrall and Anduin have the same mindset and both are respected from opposite factions leaders. Where as both Garrosh and Varian are not, and sometime they are hot headed with Bipolar Disorder (sometimes they are heroic, sometimes assholes).

Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    [spoiler]
    But god damn, if Aggra's pregnant AGAIN, that makes at least 3 kids. Those two are moving way too fast. Blizzard might as well make a pregnant model just for Aggra since it seems she's knocked up every time we see her anymore. Seriously, Aggra's turning into a stereotypical 50s housewife: pregnant and barefoot standing in front of a stove while tending to the kids and her husband. >_> Good way for Blizzard to kill a potential strong female character by having her be constantly pregnant and thus unable to fight.
    Do you even play Horde, Aggra was part of WoD, did you not finish the Quest? Did you not see what Thrall's mom lecture Thrall about? Aggra had a bigger role than Voljin did. Also Aggra is annoying, the "strong female character" in WoW is the Banshee Queen.
    Last edited by Kioshi; 2015-12-10 at 07:02 PM.

I hate players that suck at WoW, But I also hate wanna be elitist who barely down normal raid and said that the game is too easy...... yea show me you mythic achivement before you say its too easy otherwise move along scum, because I heard wildstar need you.

I want that hood for my hunter...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Oh, wow! A Hunter set that fits with a hunter aesthetic (there are feathers and scales in there, and wood textures too, so anyone claiming it looks like plate must be blind), makes a callback to a favorite bow-wielding lore character's armor design, AND does it without resorting to overbearing pauldrons?! Well, sign me right the hell up. It's about time our sets got some love! (Because let's face it, even Blizzard knows the last one looked like a half-assed set of questing greens).
    The armour looks too heavy to me, especially the clunky boots.

I can't imagine anyone managing to stalk stealthily through the bush in those!

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realise i was actually playing Game of Thrones,at this rate the whole cast is going to be killed off. I can't wait for the red wedding between Anduin and Sylvanas.

Bolvar is going to be PISSED when he finds out, no wonder he is on a warpath against the legion, this will just fuel it even more.

great set, the hunter transmog department isnt very rich in the tiers, look at warlocks warriors etc to compare

Tirion went down like a dog, WTF

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the retribution paladin artifact intro on alpha, and I was severely underwhelmed by the experience.

You go to rescue to Tirion because it turns out that he had been captured during the Broken Shore scenario (still unavailable, FYI). Ok. So you fly there and... there's not a whole lot of demons for some strange (non-in-game) reason. You kill a few demons, but there is no real challenge. I know it's not meant to be Proving Grounds gold difficulty, but dear goodness it was brain-dead.

After dealing with the initial waves, you move on to reach Tirion and he's mortally wounded. You go straight from there into a cave to pull out Ashbringer from a ruined piece of stone. Balnazzar makes his appearance and you *handily* defeat him (see above paragraph on difficulty). You come back out and Tirion is losing health with each sentence he speaks until he dies. When he dies you see a golden orb representing his soul going up into the heavens. Lord Maxwell Tyrosus tells you the body will be buried underneath Light's Hope Chapel and has you return to Dalaran. At this point, I don't know if you are supposed to know the teleport ability for the Order Hall because the premade came with it.

So I used the teleport ability and upon reaching the paladin Order Hall... that's where it was left at, as there were Blizzard construction signs.

In conclusion: The artifact intro was too short, too easy (and I'm saying that as a mainly LFR player), and the story did not feel compelling for the most part. I ACTUALLY FELT RATHER DIRTY after obtaining
    Ashbringer. The player deserves better and so does Tirion Fordring.

(I had to break up the spoiler tag because the URL wouldn't parse otherwise.)
    Last edited by Alayea; 2015-12-10 at 08:35 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post

I'm saying that as a mainly LFR player
    The player deserves better

(I had to break up the spoiler tag because the URL wouldn't parse otherwise.)

Surprise surpsise,you get one of the best weapons in the game for free and still ask for more
    About difficulty I think you are forgeting this is just stantard leveling.Its not supposed to be anywhere near hard.In case you havent realized,there is nothing "amazing" about the artifacts that promises a challenge.They just give people free good weapons for the story,thats it.

2 things about difficulty:

A) Blizzard isn't worried about the difficulty of the encounters at this point in time. They're more worried about game breaking bugs.

B) These starter quests have to be able to be completed by fresh level 100s, which means ilvl ~600. Given that test characters start at ilvl 680 (I think) of course you're going to steamroll through them.

That hunter set looks badass. God damn. I'm loving all the Dark Ranger elements Hunters are getting. That might be my boosted character right there. I'll have to wait and see what their class quests are though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Don't really have an issue with the hunter set except that lately it seems like the tier designs for the class have gotten a little meh and lazy. Also, does anyone have the name for this set yet, might have overlooked it. Are we not stalking things anymore or is this a preview that Sylvanas will be the next big bad since we'll be hunting her?
    How the hell is that lazy? It has tons on detail. Just because it not super flashy doesn't mean they didnt work a lot on it.

I love the art on the Hunter set, but it looks like plate with the big boots and gloves. Why not make it a bit more..."skin-hugging"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
    False, Varian counter part is Garrosh. Varian lore may be the same as Thrall's but bringing him back was to make him the opposite of Garrosh kinda like Admiral Taylor and Nazgrim were pushed at the same time.
    I kinda liked how there was that contrast between Thrall and Varian. Thrall was the diplomat seeking peace, Varian the violent hothead. Then Thrall steps down and we end up with two warmongers... and then Varian starts to mellow and be reasonable as Garrosh gets more aggressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    Surprise surpsise,you get one of the best weapons in the game for free and still ask for more
    About difficulty I think you are forgeting this is just stantard leveling.Its not supposed to be anywhere near hard.In case you havent realized,there is nothing "amazing" about the artifacts that promises a challenge.They just give people free good weapons for the story,thats it.
    Note to self: Leave out info that attempts to frame the perspective because it only invites those wanting to go on a tangent.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynre Valence View Post
    2 things about difficulty:

A) Blizzard isn't worried about the difficulty of the encounters at this point in time. They're more worried about game breaking bugs.

B) These starter quests have to be able to be completed by fresh level 100s, which means ilvl ~600. Given that test characters start at ilvl 680 (I think) of course you're going to steamroll through them.
    But we have all this scaling tech now, so what's Blizzard's excuse?
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Hunter T19 looks amazing...cannot wait to get my hands on it!