Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice the forsaken guards at the sunreaver sanctuary rather than the sunreavers? I guess the sunreavers really are disbarred from Dalaran after all then and it isn't retconned like most things. Since there are only two guards shown, I wonder if they are likely ALL to be forsaken of if further in there will be a mix to represent all of the horde?

Certainly interesting sylvanas has her cronies in dalaran too!

Also, the nick nacks in the all the shop totally look awesome, people have QQd over dalaran 2.0 but this looks really cool

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what happens when mages invite girls over to show them a spell or two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    When a mommy mage and a daddy mage love each other very much...
    And rubbing the magic wand has become to boring...

Child soldiers of Azeroth unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    Also, the nick nacks in the all the shop totally look awesome, people have QQd over dalaran 2.0 but this looks really cool
    Agreed, visual noise keeps it interesting. It looks fun.

These are orphans. The alliance players killed their parents in the purge of dalaran.

Dalaran isn't vulnerable to Burning Legion, Blizzard said we'll learn why and how. Obviously it happens after the invasion since Krasus Landing is broken. Might be why there's children there, as it is safe. Plus, don't forget Vereesa has always had her children there even if they weren't present ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Dalaran isn't vulnerable to Burning Legion, Blizzard said we'll learn why and how. Obviously it happens after the invasion since Krasus Landing is broken. Might be why there's children there, as it is safe. Plus, don't forget Vereesa has always had her children there even if they weren't present ingame.
    They will just use kids as meatshields, and legion won't attack because they don't want to get censored like some japanese game.

Yeah there is a fairly large town which is the HQ of the Moonguard. Wouldn't have minded moving there.[/QUOTE]

You aren't refering to Goldshire, right xD ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe people have already said, but if there's any place that's safe from the Legion right now, it's Dalaran. A floating city populated by some of the most powerful magic-wielders on the entire planet? Yeah, pretty damn safe. Better than being on ground level - the entire planet will be getting bombarded with demonic invasions come Legion. So, children being in Dalaran is no surprise - plenty of mages living there do so with their families, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    I believe people have already said, but if there's any place that's safe from the Legion right now, it's Dalaran. A floating city populated by some of the most powerful magic-wielders on the entire planet? Yeah, pretty damn safe. Better than being on ground level - the entire planet will be getting bombarded with demonic invasions come Legion. So, children being in Dalaran is no surprise - plenty of mages living there do so with their families, after all.
    Well seeing as how the landing is damaged the magic isn't too effective, as for the floating, the legion has freakin space ships that can shoot what looks like fel energy. If any place is safe, Dalaran would be the furthest from it, being in the very area that the legion is being summoned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    I suppose because it's first and foremost a city, and only secondarily a tool of war. People just live in the city and don't necessarily have anywhere else they can go. Or maybe they are (over)confident in their defensive capabilities and don't think it'll be a problem. Or maybe it's like star trek and they just like to have their family with them on long duration deployments even tho a warp core breach occurs every other episode.

On the other hand, the Legion destroyed Dalaran with ONE spell/ritual in war3, so you'd think they would have learned their lesson.
    Archimonde destroyed Dalaran with one ritual in Warcraft 3, and that was AFTER Dalaran had been ransacked by the Scourge, with all of Dalaran's magical barriers being destroyed in the process. Also, I think it was mentioned in a book (not 100% certain), but I believe that Antonidas was the only member of the Council of Six in Dalaran at the time, so the Scourge basically invaded Dalaran when they had their pants down.

So yea, Dalaran had just been freshly ransacked, barriers down, their only available leader was dead, and Archimonde had all the time in the world to construct his spell of destruction. Now, there will likely be at least 2 members of the Council of Six in the new Dalaran, it has all of its magical barriers up, and you have to use an air fleet to even approach it. So its basically a moving, magical air fortress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think we've beat the horse on what is a rather obvious question. For me though the video was great and think Dalaran 2.0 looks good. I'm not sure what people thought would be different. It is a pretty finite space, you don't expand your floating city all that often or that drastically. I thought it was cool to see all the shops filled out and it looking like time had passed and people had been working, learning, etc in the city. I think it was a nice update and the style of update I enjoy for any city. It didn't need to look all totally different. I also don't mind the reuse of capital cities. it isn't like entire new giant captial cities just sprout up outta nowhere all that frequently.....

Dalaran isn't a fortress or some kind of sanctum just for mages. It is a city. An honest to Christ, populated city. Like Stormwind or Orgrimmar. There's tons of people there, including their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitters View Post
    There's only 1 explanation. They are disguised dreadlords.
    hehe, that would be quite awesome actually.

Have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed as well. Nice to see the graphical changes though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Who the hell takes children to a war with demons? What are they smoking at Blizzard HQ? o_O
    If you want your children to be safe during a demon invasion wher will you place them?

1) at the lokal farmer village that can muster a few men with pitchforks.

2) at the flying magic city, who have a large number of champions and heroes who live there and a pile of magicians and soldiers.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Mages get horny too. And you can't just drop them into sea.
    Are you saying that mages are pedophiles?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    If you want your children to be safe during a demon invasion wher will you place them?

1) at the lokal farmer village that can muster a few men with pitchforks.

2) at the flying magic city, who have a large number of champions and heroes who live there and a pile of magicians and soldiers.
    I guess if you ignore the other major cities and pretty much every other safe place such as class halls and outposts that aren't on the front line. Sure lets just drop the least supportive option available to us to make it sound like Dalaran is the only safe place on Azeroth or Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by karmlol View Post
    I had not seen that video before.

That is the most underwhelming bit of content recycling I have ever seen. They added some props to the places inside and redid the lighting. The end.

The stormwind remake (when they remade it flight proof) was quite significant, same for orgrimmar. This is just meh, meh, meh, meh, meh.
    Although I did love Dalaran itself, going back there will not feel new or fresh in any way.

What cities will they recycle in the upcoming years? pffffft...
    you DO realize we're not even in Beta yet right? How about you wait for the finalized product before you trash the artwork. How much can they actually do to it anyway? It was already exceptional as it was in WOTLK and there isn't much else they can change except quality which they are already tackling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Are you saying that mages are pedophiles?
    No, he's saying that studying and books get boring for adept mages after some time, so they poke each other.