Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Why are there so many assholes in the world. Can't everyone just not be douchebags? It really isn't very hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Freedom to offend is the AXIOM of free speech. Where the fuck do you authoritarian riff-raff get this fucking idea your feelings are a right and speech isn't? If you can't say things people don't like because it challenges their deeply held bullshit you have no free speech. Stop trying to re-write the rules and pretend the whole fucking world is an elementary school playground.

- - - Updated - - -

False, the left's refusal to have any critical discussion of the ideology of Islam has lead to more and more extreme stances being taken. Those who make civil discourse impossible make violent discourse inevitable. This isn't Trump's fault, this is the fault of PC cucks who are scared shitless of being called a 'racist' because they criticise a religion full of terrible ideas. One I am thankful to no longer subscribe to, mind you.
    Most of the fear mongerer stances about Islam are bullshit, so why entertain them? Yes, they have issues that don't mesh with our culture, but oddly enough the right doesn't care about THOSE facets of Islam (probably because they like the bigotry and misogyny). Instead they make up crap to complain about.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post

False, the left's refusal to have any critical discussion of the ideology of Islam has lead to more and more extreme stances being taken. Those who make civil discourse impossible make violent discourse inevitable. This isn't Trump's fault, this is the fault of PC cucks who are scared shitless of being called a 'racist' because they criticise a religion full of terrible ideas. One I am thankful to no longer subscribe to, mind you.
    It's the fault of both. Let's not pretend that a call to action plays no role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Most of the fear mongerer stances about Islam are bullshit, so why entertain them? Yes, they have issues that don't mesh with our culture, but oddly enough the right doesn't care about THOSE facets of Islam (probably because they like the bigotry and misogyny). Instead they make up crap to complain about.
    So guide them to a real argument. If their argument is shit, then they will switch strategies if they find something better that allows them to take a similar position.

I don't think dismissing ideas without debate is ever a good strategy. You're just asking for a temper tantrum.

Probably some drunk ass fool.

Kolvani sounds like an Albanian name. Islam has a dark history in the Balkans. Muslims did a lot of brutal things there in centuries past, and much more recently in the 90s as well.

My guess is the current geopolitical situation fed into an already-present hostility to Islam. I understand the root of it, it's easier to have a clearer view of Islam when it ruled your country and enslaved your people. But it can also blind people with hate too. Poor shopkeeper didn't deserve to be assaulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    He can go beat ISIS into middle east if he wants to. No need to hurt innocent people
    Damn, faster than me.

This is interesting

http://www.timesledger.com/stories/2...5_12_11_q.html

The suspect in the attack was arrested and charged with assault and criminal mischief, but after a second interview with 53-year-old Sarker Haque, the NYPD’s Hate Crimes Unit was notified.

When my guys first got there, at no point did he mention there was a religious epithet,” NYPD Capt. Peter Fortune said. “Maybe he was in shock or there was a language barrier, but since then the victim has mentioned ‘I kill Muslims.’ Once that came out Hate Crimes reopened the investigat*ion.”

Guys a terrorist. Treat him as such.

I blame the person, not people saying they are worried about their Muslim neighbor being Isis. Anyone blaming this on" hate speech" is a moron.the dude clearly was racist and was just looking for an excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Was this guy at least a Muslim and not a Sikh?
    Sikhs don't cut their hair.

He can go beat ISIS into middle east if he wants to. No need to hurt innocent people
    This right here
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Latino to the rescue!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    If this became widespread, it'd be a serious issue as it'd be akin to the rise of Fascism in Germany. That is something I would not tolerate period. However I doubt however that it is widespread.
    These cases are so few that islamophiles, being pathological liars, need to exaggerate each and every one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Islam is not the only faith to have a book filled with passages describing how you should kill, abuse, sell into slavery, and "command" a woman. Christianity does as well. So does the Jewish faith.
    However the context is different. In the Bible the violent passages are usually descriptions of one-time events, while in the Koran they are universal orders that are always in effect.

So in other words if muslims want to kill westerners its ok. But if people retaliate its not allowed

Islam is not the only faith to have a book filled with passages describing how you should kill, abuse, sell into slavery, and "command" a woman. Christianity does as well. So does the Jewish faith.

At any rate, I was speaking in a more general sense. People like Trump (and the popular media) stir up fear of Muslims. Ignorant people with a predilection towards violence pick up on that and end up taking what others say to the extreme.
    I would counter by suggesting that the people who put out gruesome execution videos and commit mass murder on the streets of civilized first world countries, are much more to blame for stirring up fear of Muslims.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I think assault is a serious crime, but taking on words that would double the penalty should be a serious investigation. I think personally the clerk was assaulted but lied about the "I kill muslims" remark. If he didn't tell the police about that on the first interview than it shouldn't be accepted as evidence. The extra little crying also added for special effects. I can tell just by looking in this mans eyes he is lying. Hes a guy that got punched in the face but the more of a victim he is the more people want to coddle him.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2015-12-11 at 07:32 AM.

could be a setup. newspaper pays off some muslim looking guy and has an actor punch him conveniently screaming about how he hates Muslims

media manipulation ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    could be a setup. newspaper pays off some muslim looking guy and has an actor punch him conveniently screaming about how he hates Muslims

media manipulation ftw.
    And then to top it off a latino saves him from evil whitey, total fucking bs. Anyone who cant see the bs here is naive.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God I'm so sick of listening to this copout though. I hate all religions, but Islam actively tries to keep those passages of Kill/abuse/slavery in it's modern day PUBLICLY.

Look at the laws of a mostly Christian dominated Western Country compared to the laws of a Country under Sharia or Muslim rule. If people tried in anyway to treat Women or punish crimes in the Western World how they do it in Backwardsistan. Women that aren't allowed to do things without supervision, unable to drive, brutally punished if they speak back. Simple Thieves that have their Hands or Feet cut off, people getting lashed or stoned in the Streets, Homosexuals being killed and most people turning a cheek or agreeing with it. To compare that in anyway to modern Christians or Jews is just laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    God I'm so sick of listening to this copout though. I hate all religions, but Islam actively tries to keep those passages of Kill/abuse/slavery in it's modern day PUBLICLY.

Look at the laws of a mostly Christian dominated Western Country compared to the laws of a Country under Sharia or Muslim rule. If people tried in anyway to treat Women or punish crimes in the Western World how they do it in Backwardsistan. Women that aren't allowed to do things without supervision, unable to drive, brutally punished if they speak back. Simple Thieves that have their Hands or Feet cut off, people getting lashed or stoned in the Streets, Homosexuals being killed and most people turning a cheek or agreeing with it. To compare that in anyway to modern Christians or Jews is just laughable.
    I believe I read Iran is stoning a woman to death on human rights day. They are so westernized they are just like us I hear though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Political rhetoric has consequences.

*points to PP shooting*
    *points to increasing violence against muslimy looking people*

It's almost enough to make you wonder if free speech is worth it eh? Seriously though, you have to wonder when political speech crosses the line into incitement, which is actually a crime.
    I'd rather have to suffer the occasional violence than allow the government dictate what I can and can't say.
    Putin khuliyo