Deleted

disc: mannoroth mythic

Hello fellow priests! We are about to start progression on mythic mannoroth this week and I was wondering if the great and good disc priests of this fine forum had any tips that may help me out on this fight? I have watched disc pov vids and guides etc but sometimes there is nothing quite like the personal experience tips from veterans who have played my class/spec on a given encounter. Anything that could give me an edge / help me out regarding talents etc would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you in advance for your time.

Deleted
    I find the damage comes in waves throughout the fight, with only a few mechanics that really 'require' focus shielding people the other mechanics mostly get in the way and chew through your shields leaving weakened souls on people. Trying to get the timing right so you can always land those priority shields on people without weakened soul can be tricky.
    The felstorm is largely avoidable but the chances are people will get hit, either because it's early progress and people are learning or because with extra ilvl (and the semi-recent nerf) it simply isn't life threatening. Mostly I found this ability annoying since it chews through shields but doesn't really require the shields to save people. That said when I was progressing this there were a few people that would reliably take a little more damage from this than they should, so definitely worth getting shields on them.
    Imps, when they land they do splash damage. Again, if handled correctly not life threatening but still worth throwing some shields on, especially people you notice taking some extra damage from them.
    Gaze, this is the obvious damage, if everybody is soaking then it's not life threatening but it does throw out some damage.
    Puddles in last phase, much the same as heroic, it's just ticking damage on people standing in it, not a big deal.

Those 4 abilities will probably be the main source of raid damage, none of them lethal by themselves. The issue comes when those abilities overlap with the following;
    curse of the legion. It hits hard when you dispel it, honestly not an issue with ilvl upgrades but it did used to 1shot some classes, absolutely worth trying to land a PWS on before the dispel, priority #1 imo.
    infernals, when they jump they do a fair amount of immediate damage, not enough to kill someone but if they're already low from taking a bit of extra imp splash damage or didn't move out of a few ticks of the hellstorm then it could finish them off. The ticking damage from them can also be deadly, even if people are just running past them on their way back from dropping a felseeker etc.
    shadowforce, it just hits really hard. I think even with ilvl upgrades a full channel is enough to kill someone from 100% although it does happen over time so good direct healing is just as effective as absorbs. I usually held onto a penance for a couple of seconds when I saw this coming up. it's also a fairly good place for people to use personals / healthpots as imo the most dangerous part of this mechanic is outranging healers.
    mark of doom / shadowbolt volley, just top people up for this and it shouldn't be a big deal at all unless you have some squiffy tactic like breaking dooms on wrath of gul'dans, in which case getting the shields on those people should be fairly obvious.

wrath of gul'dan, again depends on your tactic but they can be handled with absolutely no healing required. If you do have people taking damage from them then it should be fairly obvious to shield / CD them etc.

Overall there's nothing particularly special about the fight, focus on shielding the curse and start to check who the worst culprits for avoidable damage are. If there are people getting 1shot by curse then make sure you check timers so they don't have weakened soul when it's coming up.

GL, I think it's one of the better fights in HFC ^^

Really you shouldn't notice any damage from felseeker, maybe the odd person gets hit.

As for a build to use, nothing out of the ordinary, I went with halo and popped it to heal up shadowbolt volley but that will largely depend on your positioning.
    You 'can' glyph life grip to allow you to get in/out for felseekers easier, there's a lot of predictable running on this fight. However I'd recommend leaving it unglyphed, especially for progress so you can grip in people that get feared in the wrong direction (it will happen) or grip people out of position with shadowforce. Tank damage is fairly high but tbh I'd still go with WoM just for a little more oomph in the last phase with the shadowforce / puddle damage.
    Last edited by mmocc73a7e76d4; 2015-12-11 at 06:22 AM.

Deleted
    Mannoroth is one of those fights where you either realise your disc priest is very good or very bad.

Since it's progress I assume you want to through the fight in the most optimized way in terms of raid stability, and not making sure you're rank #1 on the meters.
    Gaze, shadowforce and Curse of the legion are the abilities you MUST be ready for, you will have to shield those targets, or be ready with some other type of healing.
    Gaze shouldn't be a problem before phase 3. But it can actually be solo soaked if you're quick with Clarity of Will, empowered Flash Heal, and Shield.

Tank damage is rather high, and Clarity of Will will help you out greatly in terms of keeping ahead. I don't suggest speccing WoM as it doesn't generate enough throughput for it to be worth on a fight like this.

Feathers are great, for the shadowforce and felseeker. Whether you go mindbender or solace shouldn't matter much. You should be using Halo for this fight.

The important part about this fight is to get a feel for the mechanics and when they come, predict the fight, and make sure you have shields of critical targets.

Deleted
    Just to add my 2 cents I've found that, depending on how good your raiders are at dodging the felstorm, certain combos can be quite dangerous. For example felstorm and imps can almost one-shot some of your raiders if they aren't spread properly etc. This may not be an issue since the slight nerf to felstorm and valor upgrades but it's something I remember causing a problem when I was progressing on it. Just beware of the various combos that arise throughout the fight and prepare for them. Some well placed shields could save the lives of some of your weaker raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically what Red said. But really, don't stress this fight too much.

This is a fight that you will be learning in chunks. Everything in this fight happens in a specific order so there really are no surprises from that. Where the damage comes in this fight becomes very predictable, and happens in the same spots. This fight has a lot of situations of nothing to heal for 10 seconds, and then all of a sudden a huge damage spike happens and then back to nothing to heal. And considering that most likely this fight is going to be taking 100+ pulls, you'll definitely get a feel for damage patterns.

It's hard to say exactly where the damage happens because every raid is different and there are a lot of different strats to handle all the mechanics. It is just something that you'll have to learn on your own based on your guilds strat and your raids general awareness to mechanics.

I guess one piece of general advice (to all your healers) is that this fight has a lot of spikey damage, followed by periods of low damage. So when the raid dips to 1/2 to 1/3 health all of a sudden, don't freak out, you have more then enough time to heal everyone up before the next spike in damage.

For example, there is a spot in phase 2 where you get gazes into imps into shadowforce. The combination of gazes and imps causes your raid to get knocked down to like half health. But shadowforce comes out right after that, so if all your healers go into raid healing mode and don't focus the shadowforce targets instead, that can lead to deaths from shadowforce. You have more then enough time to heal everyone back up to full hp after shadowforce ends. This is something that happened when my guild progressed and I saw happen to other guilds too. This is just one example, but this fight has a lot of these situations.

So like every other fight, just shield people.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2015-12-11 at 07:43 PM.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    Thanks a lot everyone for your time giving me some great advice and tips!! I'm looking forward to it after xhul progress (140ish pulls for the record) which was mind numbing for me as a healer for the most part. I'll definitely take on board a lot of this and look forward to it. I really appreciate the time you guys have taken to write up these posts so thanks again and wish me luck on Monday / Tuesday progress days!